Aldnoah Zero Thread

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Destiny_Gundam

Re: Aldnoah Zero Thread

Suzaku should be taking notes.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
monster

Amion wrote:Now all we have to learn is that Inaho is indeed some kind of early-trained supersoldier who was always meant to recieve cyber-implantation.
Say what? No, we most certainly do not have to learn that.

As for Slaine betraying Saazbaum, I think the only surprise is that it happened so soon into the new season. But the moment Saazbaum legally adopted him, all bets were off.
nacho-wan

I was quite surprised for Slaine's lastest move. I thought he found Saazbaum a useful ally, I mean I was convinced he did his vengeance by shooting hin in ep13!

I'm sad for Dioscurida; everytime it appears it looks almighty only to be blown quite easily! may you rest in pieces now dioscura
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Lord Dearche

The reaveal in episode 13 about Season 1's ending pretty much put it out there that Slain was just using him. Shame he's gone though. Bushido Banshee was the best mech in the show. Tharis is literally just an easy mode machine and it looks ugly to boot.

The Odin analogy was out there but also worked out well. Especially since Nao only pilots the Slipnir which was Odin's horse. The episode also revealed more about Inaho, in that he didn't just lose the eye but that he suffered insane amounts of brain damage then previously thought. Afterall he was out of action for 17 months.

Also Rayet is still best girl.

Slain is still worst bitch.
Wellman

Give props to the writing staff, I hated that character at first, but they really did build him up to someone I think I may miss going forward. Very few anime or fictional villains in general actually grow on you while always maintaining the same characterization and constantly doing villainous stuff.

Where we go from here will be interesting but even if I didn't like this episode's latest development that fight Inaho with the MacGuyver way of mecha battling is always entertaining.
Lord Dearche

in Saazbaum's case, he really was ironically enough, the good guy. He was chaotic good but good none the less. In the end the actual enemy is essentially the current martian rule and class system of nobles and elitism, which both he and Slain entirely agreed on. Killing him just ended up serving Slains plan to progess further. In the end it seems Saazbaum probably realized it which is why he died without much regret since they both wanted the same thing in the end.
Mythgarr

Why am I seeing the ending of this anime will be similar to Valvrave's? The boys team up, save the princess, and bring forth the future of both earthlings and martians together...with people dying along the way and.
Visit The Dreams
nacho-wan

Mythgarr wrote:Why am I seeing the ending of this anime will be similar to Valvrave's? The boys team up, save the princess, and bring forth the future of both earthlings and martians together...with people dying along the way and.
it's just your imagination. A/Z has more plot in one episode that Valvrave in its S2. Besides your resume is as useful for Gundam Seed than A/Z.

As for Sauzbaum, for the way he was used he could have prefer to have died at the end of S1. I think that Slaine is going to be the big bad at the end, more or less the way the Age movies did with Zeaheart.
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Mythgarr

AGE's Big Bad is not Zeahart...
Visit The Dreams
Amion

Unless Slaine decides to start slaughtering large numbers of people for his plans, I really see him more as the MC and antihero than Inaho... I dearly hope that doesn't happen.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
monster

Amion wrote:Unless Slaine decides to start slaughtering large numbers of people for his plans
Too late, that already happened and is happenning by him supporting/following Saazbaum's plan to restart and continue the war with Earth.
Lord Dearche

Mythgarr wrote:Why am I seeing the ending of this anime will be similar to Valvrave's? The boys team up, save the princess, and bring forth the future of both earthlings and martians together...with people dying along the way and.
El Elf and whatever his name was never saved the princess. She died, El Elf Cried. And they never lived together with anyone. The kids all went to form their own actual empire for their own kind.

I would have been fine with the ending had it not been for Shoko. That expletive deleted did everything wrong and nothing right and became the Valveraves pilot with none of the consquences. Though that's what Slaine is going to end up doing, everything wrong and nothing right, only in this case Nao is going to straight up wreck his shit. Right after he rescues his BFF Princess from Slaine.
Destiny_Gundam

Shoko did the best she could in a situation where she had practically no options. No one else could have done any better.
Lord Dearche

ANYONE else cuold have done better. Even the the teacher with the giant rack or Akira the NEET.

I hated that one prestigious acting prick, (Akira's brother) but even he would have been better. Shoko's grand views during their time of crisis was "PARTY ON THE MOON!".

She and literally evreyone there were Lucky that El Elf was doing 99% of the actual country running. Luckily in the end El Elf became king of the universe.
Destiny_Gundam

The country was doing quite well under her leadership and she provided the charisma and people skills L-Elf lacked.

I thought you were specifically talking about when she offered the Valvrave pilots up in exchange for the lives of everyone else. That's the impossible situation I was refering to.

And it was A-Drei that became king.
Amion

monster wrote:
Amion wrote:Unless Slaine decides to start slaughtering large numbers of people for his plans
Too late, that already happened and is happenning by him supporting/following Saazbaum's plan to restart and continue the war with Earth.
Doesn't count. I have yet to see him bombing cities and giving orders to wipe civilians off the face of the map for convenience yet.

And he shot Saazbaum. Therefore I see little cause to say he went out of his way to kill people. Yet. Doubtless there will be a time a'comin soon when he decides to raze a few cities for funzies.
SonicSP

You know, I just realized that I haven't seen much of Yuki or Marito. And for some reason I got saddened after I realized that. I didn't realize how much I missed them until....well they're not here for some reason.

I liked the pacing of the first two episodes, so the first half of episode 15 I was disappointed it get like nothing was happening this episode. Boy was I wrong.

On a side note, I really love Inaho's new look with the suspenders and all. Makes him look like a kickass detective.
monster

Amion wrote:Doesn't count. I have yet to see him bombing cities and giving orders to wipe civilians off the face of the map for convenience yet.

And he shot Saazbaum. Therefore I see little cause to say he went out of his way to kill people. Yet. Doubtless there will be a time a'comin soon when he decides to raze a few cities for funzies.
Civilians? Oh, that's a convenient metric considering Mars is the aggressor in this particular conflict, especially Saazbaum with the restarting of the war, and Slaine explicitly saying he will continue with what Saazbaum started, and even urging the Martians to eradicate and punish those who dare defy them. Moreover, Slaine shot Saazbaum because Saazbaum hurt Asseylum. That doesn't mean Slaine didn't agree with Saazbaum.
Amion

monster wrote:
Amion wrote:Doesn't count. I have yet to see him bombing cities and giving orders to wipe civilians off the face of the map for convenience yet.

Civilians? Oh, that's a convenient metric considering Mars is the aggressor in this particular conflict, especially Saazbaum with the restarting of the war, and Slaine explicitly saying he will continue with what Saazbaum started, and even urging the Martians to eradicate and punish those who dare defy them. Moreover, Slaine shot Saazbaum because Saazbaum hurt Asseylum. That doesn't mean Slaine didn't agree with Saazbaum.
Slaine was basically what amounted to a slave at that point, though. And he's a Versian despite his Terran heritage. He's not responsible for starting the war and is just continuing something that he can't stop. You already know what the other Orbital Knights think of him. He couldn't stop them even if he tried right now.

We don't know just yet exactly what he intends. For all we know he was just doing the same thing Lelouch was with Rolo and pacifying a dying man. Saazubaum's dream is to bring prosperity to Vers, after all. Slaine may yet achieve that without having to become eeeeevil to do it. Maybe.
monster

Amion wrote:Slaine was basically what amounted to a slave at that point, though. And he's a Versian despite his Terran heritage. He's not responsible for starting the war and is just continuing something that he can't stop. You already know what the other Orbital Knights think of him. He couldn't stop them even if he tried right now.

We don't know just yet exactly what he intends. For all we know he was just doing the same thing Lelouch was with Rolo and pacifying a dying man. Saazubaum's dream is to bring prosperity to Vers, after all. Slaine may yet achieve that without having to become eeeeevil to do it. Maybe.
Slaine may not have been able to stop the war, but he could've chosen not to be a part of it, let alone make use of it.

Anyway, I do intent on seeing what Slaine has in mind as the story progresses.