Aldnoah Zero Thread

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Re: Aldnoah Zero Thread

Mythgarr wrote:
Oh well, Argevollen is still ongoing and still much better than this one...
I will say that Argevollen is progressively getting better with every episode, but you will have to go through 10 episodes of the stereotypical mecha anime that we have seen before in other series (and done a lot better...the first Gundam series comes to mind). At least when Xebec did that with Broken Blade/Break Blade we had the visuals and amazing fights to hid this...in Argevollen we unfortunately don't...and those first 10 episodes are sometimes dull, and a chore to watch. But hey, if the formula from 35 years ago isn't broke...don't fix it?

On topic, while Aldnoah is by no stretch of the imagination a perfect series, it was a lot of fun (probably the most fun I had with a series outside of Free! Eternal Summer) Especially if you take realism out of the scenario every now and then...it is basically my attitude when I watch the walking dead.

My prediction for season 2
Spoiler
is that all the mars landing castles will be defeated and we will get more of mars/Vers. Either with a Earth Forces counterattack or a second invasion from the aggressors.
Now excuse me as I go back into my cave. It is scary out here posting. And girls gotta study.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Amion

Spoiler
I guess I never thought of Slain taking Asseylum because he walks away or make any moves to do so. Probably does though, assuming he believes she's alive. Knowing his capacity for failure, I wouldn't be surprised if poor Slain didn't bother to check and left without even collecting the body. It would seem like a loser thing to do, and he's all about those little mistakes.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Compass

Spoiler
Why do I have a feeling Inaho only got a convenient grazing shot?
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Bryant Molirse

So I watched the final episode of the season, my thoughts/prediction in the spoiler.
Spoiler
Wow that was rough. Seylum, shot twice in the body (through and through in the upper right chest, and a second in her lower back), and Inaho, both apparently shot in the head. However the Count wasn't finished off by Slaine. Jeez, if it hadn't been for the tag line at the end about January I would have ended the episode completely disgusted. Thankfully this is not where the story is ending.

As for possible outcomes, I think one, or both may still be alive. With the two gunshot wounds to her body, Seylum would bleed out like that if she was knocked out by what looks like a graze shot across that rather large forehead. The snapping motion a shot like that would cause to the head, would have triggered that collar based impact protection. As for Inaho, it depends on how bad a shot Slaine is. As emotionally disturbed as he was, I wouldn't put the chance of him shooting Inaho through the left eye socket, and out the side of his skull without causing death beyond the question.

Also their chance for survival have the added factor that both Yuki, and the other pilot girl were nearby. If they happen to find them while Slaine's off having an emotional breakdown/rescuing Count What's his face, with the ship crashed into the now deactive castle, it would give them somewhere to retreat to with medical support nearby.

Either which way, a lot of viewers will be tuning in when the show starts again in January.
WARNING!!! I EDIT My posts in the image threads if there is NO NEW REPLIES!!
Destiny_Gundam

It's a shame the ending was so predictable. I hate Urobuchi's cruelty for the sake of cruelty shtick. I felt a bit sad not because of what actually happened, but because it was so typical and cheap.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Xenosynth

Erm... Destiny, you do realize Urobuchi only worked on the story concept, and he had nothing to do with any episode? Inaho's character (according to the last page) wasn't even Urobuchi;s idea.
Destiny_Gundam

He wrote the first three episodes, and he was still the one in charge of the overall scenario. Even if he wasn't, it's still the same crap he pulls in all his works.
wielder

It seems Urobuchi himself has been asked about that recently, and he answered...
Apparently there was a live-streamed Gargantia event on Nicovideo today, and twitter posts quote Urobuchi Gen as saying:

Spoiler
"Aldnoah Zero's ending isn't my fault!"
"In my original outline, Inaho and the princess have fallen in love, and Slaine takes her away, ending the season!"
"Don't blame me if people die in Psycho-Pass 2, that's Ubukata's doing!"

Link:
http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/ ... g_isnt_my/

Japanese source:
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-27068.html
Soul Eater, the True Rune
FieryBlitz

Sounds like Urobutchi has been thrown for a loop this time around. Hope he can get the momentum he was robbed of back in season 2. Planned or not, season 1 has been a pretty enjoyable ride.
Destiny_Gundam

Well I suppose my ire my misdirected. Still, the ending we got is totally his style.
EZero8

Spoiler
"Don't blame me if people die in Psycho-Pass 2, that's Ubukata's doing!"
Haha. I guess we know what to expect then for Psycho-Pass 2..
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Zeonista

Well, at any rate I will be very interested in how the second portion begins! It was a real gutsy ending, big stunner with an "ending" that seems to hand out the pain to everyone. It was a surprise, but as I am a big classic mecha anime fan it was oh so glorious. :)
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
nacho-wan

Sorry to pipe so late, but I saw this in a sort of rush except the last episodes. I was quite blown away in the last one -particulary bor the beautiful but uneffective gattai of the Dioscuria and its Mega-Man style boss battle with all powers combined.
I do believe that Inaho manages to survive, but scarred mentally and physically (probable loses an eye), but I'm not so sure for the princess. As a character she filled her arc, and what a sad arc it was to know you are completely useless. I think her dead is a polarizing event for Inaho and Slaine and it is the catalyst that will move this characters in the second season. My brother says that Inaho is too logical for revenge, but I'm not that sure.
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Henyo

it's Code geass all over again. let's hope that season does not end up like R2.
i'm also hoping that the Earth Military develop more effective Kats. Inaho won't always have the luck of having someone attack the unknown enemy first.(and therefore showing him its abilities/whatnots.)

on a side note, Inaho Kaizuka is the only other Anime character i know that has such a first name. the other one is Inaho Hitomibore from Master of moquiton. and this one is female.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Calubin_175

Does anyway else think we will be expecting something similar to the ending of the First Gundam Novelisation? That is with Inaho taking Amuro's role and Slaine in place of Char.
VR7

Since this thread is still here, think we can compile a list of every single real world equipment/weapon that was used in Aldnoah S1? I was just gonna ask about the grenade launchers in episode 3, but might as well do it for every single possible instance.
Spoiler
This is as much as I know:
  • F-22 Raptors were featured in episode 2. Personal comment, American stealth fighters always seem to exist only to explode. Earthlings, you could circumvent this by using better alternatives.
  • Asseylum used a grenade launcher in episode 3. I have no idea what they are, I'm guessing it was either an RG-6 (RGB-6 in Metal Gear Solid 2) or a TGL-140. Or maybe some kind of Japanese SDF equivalent that I didn't look up. Actually, this was the reason for this post--I'd really like to know.
  • That armored car in Episode 11, was it a Humvee? It's the closest thing I can think of. But aren't they holed up in Russia or something?
-noel
teslashark

VR7 wrote:Since this thread is still here, think we can compile a list of every single real world equipment/weapon that was used in Aldnoah S1? I was just gonna ask about the grenade launchers in episode 3, but might as well do it for every single possible instance.
Spoiler
This is as much as I know:
  • F-22 Raptors were featured in episode 2. Personal comment, American stealth fighters always seem to exist only to explode. Earthlings, you could circumvent this by using better alternatives.
  • Asseylum used a grenade launcher in episode 3. I have no idea what they are, I'm guessing it was either an RG-6 (RGB-6 in Metal Gear Solid 2) or a TGL-140. Or maybe some kind of Japanese SDF equivalent that I didn't look up. Actually, this was the reason for this post--I'd really like to know.
  • That armored car in Episode 11, was it a Humvee? It's the closest thing I can think of. But aren't they holed up in Russia or something?
It's the future, so maybe they got some lend-lease Humvees. China also produces at least two families of Humvee knockoffs. Well, currently they already had some taken over in Georgia.
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
LightningCount

I am up through Episode 3, and so far it has far exceeded my expectations. The vocal music is a little overplayed and melodramatic for my tastes, and some of the material is tried and true territory, but I like the methodical/strategic nature and humanistic tone so far. I was pleasantly surprised that the main character from Earth is not a whiny school kid, but a pragmatic yet understated go-getter. I've heard this series falls apart before too long, but right now it's very entertaining. Tonally, it feels like a mixture of Code Geass, Summer Wars, and RahXephon.

My early experiences with this and Majestic Prince have both been better than I was expecting, really, and I've still got Argevollen and others to see to. Maybe the mecha genre of anime is getting a bit of renaissance?
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
Amion

If not renaissance, then certainly more attempts at new stuff other than Gundam.

I really don't see the show as falling apart as some say. The ending at least is worthy of seeing, I believe.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Compass

M. Night Shyamalan: What a twist!

*moves Slain's nameplate closer towards Shinn Asuka's nameplate.*
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex