The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk VII

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
HalfDemonInuyasha

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk VII

Yeah, at this point, I'd see the rest of the Neo Zeon Fleet/Sleeves flee to Mars.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
Deacon Blues

Fun Fact: Gundam Unicorn was originally going to center around the Moon Moon colony.
BrentD15

Deacon Blues wrote:Fun Fact: Gundam Unicorn was originally going to center around the Moon Moon colony.
ZOINKing Moon Moon! :lol:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Kratos

Back up a minute here: what's this about a new blu-ray set? Incoming Memorial Box?

EDIT: oh wait, never mind, this is the art/design/world thing. Never mind, disregard.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
Heaven Piercing Man

I'd say the ROZ could very well be still hiding a bunch of underground loyalists (possibly the Sleeves' backers) that are too damn proud to go gentle into the night in 0099.

Then you hint at the future by giving Hathaway a reason to be hailed as a hero by the Feds, leading to HF. Angelo should at least get closure of some kind (maybe a new identity *wink wink* ...I kid, but I can dream :D)
Phoenix012

Well, shoot. I have always wanted to watch this series (and in bluray format), but the cost has always prevented me from pulling the trigger. I'm finally at a point in my life where I could semi-responsibly consider paying such ridiculous prices, but a quick look through the internet indicates that the whole thing is out of print.

So what does everyone think. Will Bandai reprint the series? Should I just settle for watching on DVD's? Any other thoughts?
Epic SA-X Guy

Phoenix012 wrote:Well, shoot. I have always wanted to watch this series (and in bluray format), but the cost has always prevented me from pulling the trigger. I'm finally at a point in my life where I could semi-responsibly consider paying such ridiculous prices, but a quick look through the internet indicates that the whole thing is out of print.

So what does everyone think. Will Bandai reprint the series? Should I just settle for watching on DVD's? Any other thoughts?
What are you talking about? The series is still very much in print and on Blu-Ray. Bandai aren't going to pull Unicorn barely a year after it finished, especially since it made them so much money.

It's the Slipcovers that are out of print. Even those you could probably still grab.
Amion

Heaven Piercing Man wrote:I'd say the ROZ could very well be still hiding a bunch of underground loyalists (possibly the Sleeves' backers) that are too damn proud to go gentle into the night in 0099.

Then you hint at the future by giving Hathaway a reason to be hailed as a hero by the Feds, leading to HF. Angelo should at least get closure of some kind (maybe a new identity *wink wink* ...I kid, but I can dream :D)
Hey, until they confirm otherwise, it's not beyond reason to beleive that Angelo ended up dying his hair blonde and marrying into an important aristocratic family. *Winks back*
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
RyuseiDateSRX

Amion wrote:
Heaven Piercing Man wrote:I'd say the ROZ could very well be still hiding a bunch of underground loyalists (possibly the Sleeves' backers) that are too damn proud to go gentle into the night in 0099.

Hey, until they confirm otherwise, it's not beyond reason to beleive that Angelo ended up dying his hair blonde and marrying into an important aristocratic family. *Winks back*
And losing his pretty boy looks when he got older. But hey, it's aging after all.
Amion

RyuseiDateSRX wrote:
Amion wrote:

And losing his pretty boy looks when he got older. But hey, it's aging after all.
That gives us a new perspective on why he donned a complete, iron mask, doesn't it. :)

Remember Glemy Toto and who he's supposed to be. Not the first example of terrible aging in UC. All them Minovsky particles, you see. They're not as harmless as the good professor would like people to believe. :D
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Deacon Blues

I was watching the official release of Gundam Live Entertainment "Portrait of the Red" event that was held in Japan. Considering this was a Sunrise production, and it is a "filmed work", they used the cut scenes from the Gihren's Greed game throughout the video. So does that mean that we can count the scenes of the OYW as "official" now?

Interesting video though. Just wondering how these items are taken in retrospect to the other events held.
balofo

BOX III new novel is called Phoenix Hunting and will feature Neo Zeong VS Phenex in UC 0096.

Interesting.
BrentD15

balofo wrote:BOX III new novel is called Phoenix Hunting and will feature Neo Zeong VS Phenex in UC 0096.

Interesting.
The Phenex will be like "I heard you were stirring crap up!"
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Deacon Blues

Got a source for that? Haven't seen it on the usual sites...

Also, that just seems like a stupid and pointless novel considering the outcome we all know of... :/
balofo

Deacon Blues wrote:Got a source for that? Haven't seen it on the usual sites...

Also, that just seems like a stupid and pointless novel considering the outcome we all know of... :/
https://bvc.bandaivisual.co.jp/feature/138/

It also seems to be about how Frontal acquired the Neo Zeong. Anyway hope you do a summary for us :)
Deacon Blues

Of course it's on Bandai's page and not on GundamInfo or any of the blogs. Blah.

Title is moreso "Mobile Suit Gundam UC Phoenix Hunter".

I'll probably review it. I do have to finish Moon before then though. :P
balofo

So it's a secret mission by the Feds to retrieve/destroy the runaway Phenex just before the Industrial 7 final battle.

Color me interested. Guess that makes all the G-Dome shorts canon then
Kratos

How could it possibly involve the Neo Zeong? The only way I can think of involving it is if Anaheim made it to go after the Phenix and Frontal steals it, but man, talk about contrived.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
toysdream

From the Bandai Visual page:

"Unicorn Gundam 03 vs Neo Zeong! Why didn't the Neo Zeong reach Full Frontal in the novels!? The missing link connecting the animation and novels will finally be made clear..."

The premise involves a Federation Forces detachment on a secret mission to hunt down the rogue Phenex, just before the final battle between the Nahel Argama and Neo Zeon. From that description, it sounds like it takes place in the novel continuity rather than the animation, and explains what happened to the Neo Zeong in that continuity.

-- Mark
balofo

Can't wait for the BS that must be piloting/powering the Phenex.

Sadly it won't get a manga adaptation but I expect the action to be good just like the UC novel