The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Amion

Re: Gunpla Build Fighters SEQUEL announced!!

FieryBlitz wrote:I could try using Neo Granzon's Black Hole Engine and take advantage of the single naked exposition that these cases have, but I'm pretty sure I'll end up destroying the models in the process.
No, at this point we're trying to destroy the models. We couldn't pierce the countermeasures otherwise.

By the way, the doctors keep asking me for my nearest relative or somesuch, and the radiation burns aren't getting better. Anyone know some good aloe gel?
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
FieryBlitz

Amion wrote:
FieryBlitz wrote:I could try using Neo Granzon's Black Hole Engine and take advantage of the single naked exposition that these cases have, but I'm pretty sure I'll end up destroying the models in the process.
No, at this point we're trying to destroy the models. We couldn't pierce the countermeasures otherwise.
*Smirk* Pity. Because I want to acquire those models in good condition. I can't use them for gunpla world domination if they're destroyed.
HellCat

Looks like they're doing what they did before by sharing concept art to promote interest.

This time, it's a GM- https://twitter.com/buildfighters/statu ... 53/photo/1
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Wingnut

Looks like a GM Powered to be more precise. The SDGO version even duel wields its bazooka and machine gun like that as well.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Mythgarr

Well, I have a fun time assembling HGBF GM Sniper K9, so this one better be good too :D
It's strange that they promote a GM first before a Gundam..
Visit The Dreams
Xenosynth

Erm, you can already make one. It's just a GM Powered, from what I can see in that art, there's nothing new to it. It already has a fairly decent 1/144 HGUC.
mobiusdiablo

So, riding on the hopes and dreams, what do we hope to see in this?

Characters and story, I'm not exactly that concerned with - as long as we don't get a DESTINY where they try to have two casts and the original takes over the show. That, and preferably sticking to the same universe/idea, versus going all serious Gundam story. Hell, I'd like to see a team battle mechanic this time around instead of focusing on one main fighter.

Mecha design wise on the other hand... I'd LOVE to see some AGE stuff get redeemed in this, but that's likely not going to happen due to copyright. I can settle for some 00 S2, but honestly, I'd wanna see some AU grunts get some time to shine. Leos, GINNs... hell, have a Super Powered Tieren custom kitbashing a GM Powered with a Tieren for all I care :P
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
AmuroNT1

http://i.imgur.com/2g3XJdC.jpg

Images from a teaser included on the Blu-ray set of the first season. I'll just let it speak for itself.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
monster

China looks to be in her 20s or older from the front, but she looks to be in her teens or younger from the back.
AmuroNT1

Business up front, party in the back? :P
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

YokozunaBulldozer

So if China's younger brother becomes the new protagonist then I guess Build Fighters is the Gundam franchise's version of Dragon Drive or Digimon 02? :D
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Wingnut

Whatever that is, I hope not. The last thing I want to see is comparisons to other franchises like that.

And Sei has his own stamp apparently as well.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kuruni

Yuuma? Is that her father?
My girlfriend was a loli.
HellCat

We have 4 images and from this the net is straight up jumping to the likes of "This is set 20 years later and will star the bastard son of Sei and China!"

...what.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
AmuroNT1

It's the Internet, the phrase "wait and see" has no meaning here.

Wingnut

Kuruni wrote:Yuuma? Is that her father?
Or the kid brother she was toting around when she first when to the Iori hobby shop.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
AmuroNT1

Gundamguy seems convinced that it's her mother, and is likewise claiming that the scene takes place six years after the finale of the original series. I didn't see any proof to back up that statement, but then again, Gundamguy.

Evex

Looking at the images something stands out to me about that letter. Its basically where it was sent from. Apparently China is old enough to live by herself, or is attending some sort of what I would assume to be art school in Paris, France. This means she is at least 16 or older by United States standards of schooling. The second is that she is sending the letter back to Japan more specifically to Tokyo.

We can assume that she is sending it back to either her father, brother, or a male cousin. I say this and am sort of embarrassed by it, but the main protagonist of the latest Yu-gi-oh show first name is yuuma. This at least rules out that the letter is being sent to a female family member. Unless the name is one of those tricky duel gender names. We are also unaware of how old China's younger brother is from her. One would assume old enough to not choke on Gunpla pieces at the time she brought that starter kit for him.

We are also assuming that this person will be the main protagonist. If we look at the Build Fighter Manga with Yuki as the main character. Yuki knew Sei dad due to the world tournament scene. In the show Yuki is both a sort of friend and rival to Sei. How do we know that this Yuuma isn't a protagonist character similar to Yuki, or just friends with the main protagonist, or possibly be in the same vein as reiji or sei relationship to each other ?
Kuruni

Evex wrote:Unless the name is one of those tricky duel gender names.
Say hello to Yuma Chitose, a loli :mrgreen: (a single u doesn't really matter, I think).
My girlfriend was a loli.
Evex

Kuruni wrote:
Evex wrote:Unless the name is one of those tricky duel gender names.
Say hello to Yuma Chitose, a loli :mrgreen: (a single u doesn't really matter, I think).
Apparently a single u makes a difference in Japanese naming convention. Doing some research in short googleing the term Japanese name yuuma got results from behind the name meaning, and a few baby name sites. They all agree that the name is masculine in nature. Yuma on the other hand is perceived to be more feminine, although some sites says its a masculine name. Considering that the name was spelt with two u in it I'm going to say the letter is addressed to a male family member.

I also did some research on the japanese school system, which wasn't as fruitful. At the time of Build Fighters China is a 7th grader, which in the Japanese school system puts her in lower secondary school. This would also make her around the age of twelve to thirteen. Students graduate from upper secondary school at the ages of seventeen to eighteen. If we believe gundamguy and this takes place six years later we can assume China is eighteen to nineteen years of age, which means she would of just finished upper secondary school and moved to Paris, France. In most cases I'm guessing to attend some form of art college there.