The Official Macross Delta Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
pirx

Re: The Official Macross Delta Anime Thread Mk I

Guys what do you think - which of Macross Ms are "lady M" Arad keeps bringing up: we have been tasked by Lady M he says.

Misa is MIA, same for Minmay. Myung - nah. Mao is gone if i recall correctly.
This leaves us with Miriya? Or there are other Ms i forgot?

When i watched Heinz in ep 4, i suddenly got feeling that Freya is destined for him, leaving Hayate with Mirage. That would be fun...
Destiny_Gundam

pirx wrote:Guys what do you think - which of Macross Ms are "lady M" Arad keeps bringing up: we have been tasked by Lady M he says.
It's his nickname for Mikumo.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
pirx

Oh... i thought he was referring to one of the previous Ms :D
Dark Duel

Destiny_Gundam wrote:This is going to sound weird coming from me, but I don't get much of a romantic vibe from Freyja and Hayate. There is some nice chemistry between them but they come off more like siblings rather than potential lovers.
I actually get the same vibe myself.
Of course, that was how I interpreted the interactions between Alto and Ranka back in Frontier too, but I especially get that feeling with the current pair.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Compass

There's a beach named Ranka Beach shown right before takeoff :lol:
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
pirx

Spoiler
and so they go to war with entire humanity? Just one planet? Wow! I was a bit irked by Roid's announcement. He does not mentions reason. And how to they plan to achieve that? By initiating Var syndrome in just about everyone?
Zeonista

Four episodes in and the story is going super strong! The show is definitely living up to expectations all the way around. I am definitely interested i the Windermere angle. Knowing how in Macross Seven and Macross Frontier alien presences were poked with a stick, I suspect that there is something to the story that no one in the know has shared with our motley crew of heroes. Mercats are awesome, but not as awesome as watching Hayate and Mirage strike sparks. 8)
This is going to sound weird coming from me, but I don't get much of a romantic vibe from Freyja and Hayate. There is some nice chemistry between them but they come off more like siblings rather than potential lovers.
I am inclined to agree. Freyja and Hayate definitely come off as siblings rather than potential lovers. Like the kitty-faced bridge bunny, I am betting on the love growing between Hayate and Mirage. Being an idol, Freyja just hasn't had a lot of time to spend in the shared interests and activities that would bring her close to Hayate early on. All that has been with Miss Goody Two Shoes. ;)
Nice to see the crowds finding Freyja endearing despite her mistakes. I just hope no one starts being mean to her now because of her race.
Sincere dojiko-types who are obviously trying their best will win the crowd every time with spontaneous displays of cuteness. Thus it was stated at the beginning, thus it shall be in the future.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Nagato21

Dark Duel wrote:
Destiny_Gundam wrote:This is going to sound weird coming from me, but I don't get much of a romantic vibe from Freyja and Hayate. There is some nice chemistry between them but they come off more like siblings rather than potential lovers.
I actually get the same vibe myself.
Of course, that was how I interpreted the interactions between Alto and Ranka back in Frontier too, but I especially get that feeling with the current pair.
What is it with Macross introducing jailbait looking like chicks in love triangle war dramas? Freyja is so jailbait that the thought of her being part of the love triangle is going to make me green. Most animes have this lolicon fetish, some take it to an extreme it makes me wonder if Japan is either suffering from lolicon addiction or are the anime production are so used in exploiting that trend they don't notice how troubling it is.
ZEON SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!
Arbiter GUNDAM

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
pirx wrote:Guys what do you think - which of Macross Ms are "lady M" Arad keeps bringing up: we have been tasked by Lady M he says.
It's his nickname for Mikumo.
Er, no? When has it been shown that Mikumo is in charge of Chaos (Keios?)
pirx wrote:
Spoiler
and so they go to war with entire humanity? Just one planet? Wow! I was a bit irked by Roid's announcement. He does not mentions reason. And how to they plan to achieve that? By initiating Var syndrome in just about everyone?
Spoiler
The supposed reason was given earlier in the episode when Bogue mentions their grudge against Earth. It was already mentioned in episode 2 that Windemere had already fought a "war of independance," presumably against the New Unified Government. I doubt that's the REAL reason, so I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.
Zeonista wrote:This is going to sound weird coming from me, but I don't get much of a romantic vibe from Freyja and Hayate. There is some nice chemistry between them but they come off more like siblings rather than potential lovers.
I suppose but it has only been four episodes. I'm betting the fanservice/onsen/beach/vacation episode will be episode 8, like in Frontier, and something romantical might happen then, maybe sooner, maybe later. We shall see.
Nagato21 wrote: What is it with Macross introducing jailbait looking like chicks in love triangle war dramas? Freyja is so jailbait that the thought of her being part of the love triangle is going to make me green. Most animes have this lolicon fetish, some take it to an extreme it makes me wonder if Japan is either suffering from lolicon addiction or are the anime production are so used in exploiting that trend they don't notice how troubling it is.
Technically Mirage is also jailbait, as is Hayate, at least where I live. Also Makina and Reina as well, possibly even Mikumo too. You really might as well complain about fanservice in general. Point is, the show is intended for kids around that age range.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Destiny_Gundam

Nagato21 wrote:What is it with Macross introducing jailbait looking like chicks in love triangle war dramas? Freyja is so jailbait that the thought of her being part of the love triangle is going to make me green. Most animes have this lolicon fetish, some take it to an extreme it makes me wonder if Japan is either suffering from lolicon addiction or are the anime production are so used in exploiting that trend they don't notice how troubling it is.
Hey, Freyja is a middle aged woman, ya know.

Besides, it's not just Japan. Men are instinctually drawn to younger women since they'd be able to provide more offspring. The reverse is also true, as women are drawn to older men for their stability and ability to provide.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Er, no? When has it been shown that Mikumo is in charge of Chaos (Keios?)
I don't recall it being said that 'Lady M' is the leader of Choas. The way Arad talks about her, it's more like they follow her whims. She is the mysterious girl who seems to know everything, after all.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Iris Scope

The way Reina lights up eating living seafood struck me as both creepy and kawaii. :shock: 8)

I assume Freyja might be facing some sort of inquiry later in the series by her newfound friends as to what her real connection with the Aerial Knights and their kingdom is since she recognized their propaganda guy. Anyway, her debut was stellar even if she slipped up a few times. By series end, I expect to see her as the new leader of the Walkure surpassing Mikumo whether something happens to her or not. I just want Mikumo to stop picking on Freyja with her usual little threats of her being fired if she doesn't make a perfect impression on the debut. She always seems to have something against the new member and I think it may go beyond hazing and some deeper reason tied to her real character will show itself in the future.
Henyo

Iris Scope wrote: her as the new leader of the Walkure surpassing Mikumo whether something happens to her or not. I just want Mikumo to stop picking on Freyja with her usual little threats of her being fired if she doesn't make a perfect impression on the debut. She always seems to have something against the new member and I think it may go beyond hazing and some deeper reason tied to her real character will show itself in the future.
the way i see it, Mikumo is the type that always has as serious expression even if she's cracking a joke or teasing someone. i also think it's kind of normal to be making those kind of jokes in their profession.

on a side note i am reminded of a Ideon's opening in episode 1.(Mikumo rising from the rubble, just before they start singing Ikenai Borderline.)
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Amion

I think Mikuno is about as trustworthy as she is ugly.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Compass

Messer grinds my gears.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Wingnut

Compass wrote:Messer grinds my gears.
Aye. I wonder how large the unit of measurement is to measure the length of the stick that's up his ass.
His attitude might be perfect for the NUNS, but for a PMC like Chaos, it's a bit out of tune. Speaking of tune, that might as well be what Hayate and Freyja's little ride was like this episode. Tuning up an instrument.
Also confirmed from her own mouth that Mirage is indeed Max and Millia's grandbabby, but who's the mama?
Also paparazzi are still assholes even in future times.

PS. Windermere grow apples even in the cold too. I wonder if that's the series apologizing to Sharon for leaving her out of Freyja's list earlier and other general non-mentioning.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
azrael

Wingnut wrote: PS. Windermere grow apples even in the cold too. I wonder if that's the series apologizing to Sharon for leaving her out of Freyja's list earlier and other general non-mentioning.
They could be growing pineapples in the cold.
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."
Compass

It's been a while since I watched original MACROSS/Robotech. The picture of Max and Miraya, was that from DYRL or the original series? Because if it's from DYRL, is DYRL universe canon or a reference to DYRL being a movie in-universe canon?
Chris
Administrator

Compass wrote:It's been a while since I watched original MACROSS/Robotech. The picture of Max and Miraya, was that from DYRL or the original series? Because if it's from DYRL, is DYRL universe canon or a reference to DYRL being a movie in-universe canon?
It's from the DYRL version, complete with the ancient Protoculture city and Max seeing her at full size after beating her. This sort of thing has happened before, as Macross 7 referenced the DYRL version of Max and Milia's romance in the movie made about Space War I. As for what's canon or not, it's best to not even bother since Kawamori has said in the past it's not something that concerns him greatly.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Dustman

Compass wrote:It's been a while since I watched original MACROSS/Robotech. The picture of Max and Miraya, was that from DYRL or the original series? Because if it's from DYRL, is DYRL universe canon or a reference to DYRL being a movie in-universe canon?
Ehhh... canon is a one-sided conceit on the part of fans. Macross is a self-selecting myth. The fact that there's continuity isn't meant to suggest that there is an effort at retrospective consistency. Mythology can only evolve in a forward arc and the form it takes is relative to the zeitgeist in which it's told.
iguanaman8989

Mirage's mother is supposedly Miranda Jenius, the sixth Jenius daughter. Don't have any links, but the info apparently came from Kawamori himself at a stage show, brought to MacrossWorld by Tochiro (the guys behind SpeakerPODcast were at the event).

As for Macross canon, it's always seemed to me that the events that happened are based on the series, while the aesthetics come from DYRL.