The Official Macross Delta Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
pirx

Re: The Official Macross Delta Anime Thread Mk I

Regarding Frontier - there was one rumor why Ranka was so overhyped. Apparently she reminded Kawamori-san of his granddaughter thaswhy she was pushed in spotlight so much.
Seto Kaiba

pirx wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:09 am Regarding Frontier - there was one rumor why Ranka was so overhyped. Apparently she reminded Kawamori-san of his granddaughter thaswhy she was pushed in spotlight so much.
I doubt it, to be honest.

Ranka's in-series hype never felt excessive to me. She was meant to be an up-and-coming new idol who got her big break during the war. In a very real sense, she was meant to be Minmay for a new generation.

(This, unfortunately, became somewhat literal in that Megumi Nakajima took a hiatus from her singing career because she felt she was more associated with her role as Ranka Lee than her own merits as a singer... a problem Minmay's voice actress Mari Iijima also grappled with in her post-Macross music career.)
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
pirx

Macross Delta official Facebook page has some new art from the upcoming Macross Delta Live! movie.
If i understood correctly "Macross Delta Live!" is the title.
Mafty

So will it be a new story, or is it a concert movie (like Flashback 2012, Love Live Alive, or Voice Across the Galaxy)?
PowerdGNFlag

Mafty wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:38 pm So will it be a new story, or is it a concert movie (like Flashback 2012, Love Live Alive, or Voice Across the Galaxy)?
It will be a sequel to the first movie. Also we got a new trailer!
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
Seto Kaiba

pirx wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:45 am Macross Delta official Facebook page has some new art from the upcoming Macross Delta Live! movie.
If i understood correctly "Macross Delta Live!" is the title.
Macross Delta: Absolute Live!!!!!! is the title.

They have been oddly insistent on the six exclamation marks.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Seto Kaiba

https://twitter.com/MacrossTweet/status ... 5%3Fs%3D21

We now have a name and a designation for the new VF-31, at least.

VF-31AX Kairos Plus.

That suggests, oddly, that the protagonists are getting a downgrade between films.
The Macross Mecha Manual
False Prophet

Pictures of the VF-31AX:

https://is2.4chan.org/m/1625443771195.jpg

https://i.4cdn.org/m/1625443833668.jpg

So... Are we just doing the Super Messiah again? Though the glowing lines somehow makes me think of a machine controlled by brainwaves.

Secondly, anyone think that the robotic voice of the trailer song is Mikumo-look alike lady while she is being covered in whatever thing at the end of the trailer? There is a frame in the trailer showing that her body is falling apart.

And thirdly, is that older Ranka at the end of the PV?
Seto Kaiba

False Prophet wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:52 pm So... Are we just doing the Super Messiah again?
Almost every major model of VF has had a Super Pack of some description.

The actual fighter itself is lightly redesigned, while the pack seems to be almost unmodified from the version that's used in the TV series and first movie.

False Prophet wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:52 pm Though the glowing lines somehow makes me think of a machine controlled by brainwaves.
That is a popular theory regarding the new enemy Valkyrie... especially since it seems to lack a large-enough space for a cockpit.

False Prophet wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:52 pm Secondly, anyone think that the robotic voice of the trailer song is Mikumo-look alike lady while she is being covered in whatever thing at the end of the trailer? There is a frame in the trailer showing that her body is falling apart.
In whatever the DE-124 DELTA SIREN SYSTEM is...?

False Prophet wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:52 pm And thirdly, is that older Ranka at the end of the PV?
Yeah, there's a Frontier mini-feature coming along with the movie.
The Macross Mecha Manual
False Prophet

Seto Kaiba wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:11 pm Almost every major model of VF has had a Super Pack of some description.

The actual fighter itself is lightly redesigned, while the pack seems to be almost unmodified from the version that's used in the TV series and first movie.
Yeah, I know. It's just that the design just bores me. I hope that this is not the final VF that Hayate will get.

Now I am hearing a lot of speculations, most of which revolve around Protoculture (like always) and Megaroad-1 (hopefully). What is your personal theory?

As for the Frontier mini movie, just wondering if it would be shown before or after the Delta movie, or cinemagoers will have to buy a separate ticket?
pirx

Those glowing planes.... Macross... WHY?!!!!
They are uneccesarily flashy and are inconsistent with previous military-style designs. Fighter plane should not glow like Xmas tree.
There's also a glimpse of something ... protoculture bird looking, but smaller. I mean like AFOS, but fighter-size in Battroid configuration. At least sensor "eye" eerily looks like one on AFOS. Only for a few frames:
https://youtu.be/4Gt5hp-sQAQ?t=17
Mafty

To be fair the planes seem to be from Windemere; which already had rather fantastical Neon styled planes to begin with. Plus it's entirely possible that the Mech is actually being powered by the AFOS or something similar (it would be neat to finally have more info on the Bird Human from Macross Zero).

Also now that the legal issues surrounding Macross are finally ending, does that mean this movie might get an international release?
Seto Kaiba

False Prophet wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:31 am Yeah, I know. It's just that the design just bores me. I hope that this is not the final VF that Hayate will get. [...]
If a few shots in that trailer are on the mark, Hayate's final VF will be a blue YF-29. :?

False Prophet wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:31 am Now I am hearing a lot of speculations, most of which revolve around Protoculture (like always) and Megaroad-1 (hopefully). What is your personal theory?
First, let me say that it's a very safe bet that it's neither the Protoculture nor Megaroad-01.

The ancient Protoculture are extinct, and Kawamori's been pretty clear that the crew of Megaroad-01 ain't coming back.

The new character we saw in this trailer appears to be a cyborg, or possibly an artificial lifeform like a virtuoid or android, and the hologram she's suspended inside has clearly legible markings written in English that read "DE-124 Siren Delta System" and seems to be connected to the new enemy VF. This new antagonist is of human origin.

Cybernetics and experiments in artificial life are heavily restricted under the New UN Government. They're still banned outright in bioplant-based emigrant fleets like Macross Frontier, and in most of the rest of the galaxy the consumer-level cybernetics aren't anywhere near this level. Oscar Brauhitsch's cybernetic arm looks right out of the Rockbell workshop in Fullmetal Alchemist, and most characters who do have cybernetics only have the "connects your brain to the internet" kind like Mina Forte, Ushio Todo, and the majority of Macross Galaxy's own civilian population. High-performance prosthetics and full-body cyborg conversion ala Ghost in the Shell is stupidly expensive and therefore effectively only available to the super-wealthy like the Cyber-Nobles who were the executives of the Macross Galaxy fleet and the elite troops illegally maintained by their private army. Other tech like bio-androids is exclusive experimental territory of the Macross Galaxy fleet and was done in their usual highly amoral manner (reprogramming the brains of dead soldiers after transplanting them into cyborg bodies). The technology for true artificial life is too unstable, as evidenced by Sharon Apple's breakdown, and is outlawed by the New UN Government because of that instability.

So whoever is behind this new faction attacking the Brisingr globular cluster is:
  1. Stupid levels of rich
  2. Probably has connections to Macross Galaxy's Cyber-Nobles
  3. Definitely has connections to General Galaxy
That this new character in the "Siren Delta System" looks for all the world like Evil Mikumo, I kind of suspect that it's a product of someone who's been researching the Star Singer and Delta Wave System, and someone who has a lot of time behind the idea of using song as a weapon. Two prominent candidates would be Xaos's founder "Lady M", and the Epsilon Foundation possibly led by Berger Stone who had evidenced a similar fascination with singing being the Protoculture's "secret weapon".

False Prophet wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:31 am As for the Frontier mini movie, just wondering if it would be shown before or after the Delta movie, or cinemagoers will have to buy a separate ticket?
They're being advertised as coming out together, so I'd assume it's all on one ticket with the Frontier mini-feature first.

pirx wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:31 am Those glowing planes.... Macross... WHY?!!!!
They are uneccesarily flashy and are inconsistent with previous military-style designs. Fighter plane should not glow like Xmas tree.
There's also a glimpse of something ... protoculture bird looking, but smaller. I mean like AFOS, but fighter-size in Battroid configuration. At least sensor "eye" eerily looks like one on AFOS. Only for a few frames:
https://youtu.be/4Gt5hp-sQAQ?t=17
It's the "face" of the enemy Vf.

Also, it's just a monoeye... the Birdhuman was biological.

The iridescent paintjob on the new enemy VF... well... can't speak to that, but this new enemy definitely seems like they nicked their aesthetic from the set of every KPop music video filmed in 2011.

False Prophet wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:31 am Also now that the legal issues surrounding Macross are finally ending, does that mean this movie might get an international release?
Presumably, yes.
The Macross Mecha Manual
False Prophet

Seto Kaiba wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:52 pm If a few shots in that trailer are on the mark, Hayate's final VF will be a blue YF-29. :?
How rich is Xaos again, presume that they built the YF-29 themselves and not "borrowing" it from SMS or UN Spacy (the YF-29B, anyone?)

And personally, I'd have liked it more if they gave him a YF-30. It would be nice to see it rendered in animation.
Seto Kaiba wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:52 pm So whoever is behind this new faction attacking the Brisingr globular cluster is:
  1. Stupid levels of rich
  2. Probably has connections to Macross Galaxy's Cyber-Nobles
  3. Definitely has connections to General Galaxy
You know, when you said this it made me thought of Critical Path. Do we know if they did anything after Frontier?
Seto Kaiba

False Prophet wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:57 pm How rich is Xaos again, presume that they built the YF-29 themselves and not "borrowing" it from SMS or UN Spacy (the YF-29B, anyone?)
They're an interstellar mega-conglomerate... apparently not as flush with cash as mega-corporations like General Galaxy, Shinsei Industry, or Bilra Transport, but still pretty well-to-do.

I'm kinda suspecting the YF-29's a loaner.

False Prophet wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:57 pm And personally, I'd have liked it more if they gave him a YF-30. It would be nice to see it rendered in animation.
Same.

False Prophet wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:57 pm You know, when you said this it made me thought of Critical Path. Do we know if they did anything after Frontier?
Critical Path is likely still around, though to a certain extent they seem to be in bed with General Galaxy given the involvement Manfred Brando had in developing fold quartz and implant tech and the fact that he's the first known individual to experiment with brain uploading by creating a digital copy of his consciousness before his death that became one of Macross Galaxy's so-called "Cyber-Nobles" in the novelization of Frontier.

There's a brief nod to them in Macross Delta's TV series, in that one of the fold quartz technologies Manfred's engineers developed during the events of VF-X2 (Die Zauberflöte) is being used to amplify Heinz's fold songs aboard the Sigur Berrentz.
The Macross Mecha Manual
pirx

Critical Path? Did i missed it somewhere? Is it something similar to the Golden Path from Dune franchise?
Seto Kaiba

pirx wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:31 am Critical Path? Did i missed it somewhere? Is it something similar to the Golden Path from Dune franchise?
Critical Path is a defense industry corporation that first appeared in Macross VF-X2.

Critical Path's President and CEO, Manfred Brando, was one of the game's principal antagonists. He and his company were supporting an Earth supremacist fascist movement inside the New UN Government and New UN Forces that had the goal of stripping emigrant governments of their autonomy and bringing them under the direct control of Earth to quell internal disputes and present a united front against any threats that might emerge. In the Vindirance route of the game's story (the Good/True ending), he's one of the game's final bosses and is killed in battle by Aegis Focker of the 727th Independent Squadron VF-X Ravens.

The reason the company is important to later stories is that, in Macross VF-X2, they had developed a new type of fold communications system based around a "hyperspace resonance lens" that had far greater capabilities than an ordinary fold communications system and later applied its principles to the Jamming Sound System, a super-potent area jamming system that was used in the attempted coup d'état to make the hijacked Battle-13 immune to missile attacks. Macross Fronter retroactively established that the hyperspace resonance lenses were the first use of fold quartz, the use of which had been pioneered by Critical Path. Critical Path had bankrolled the 117th Research Fleet's mission to Vajra space looking to obtain more information about fold quartz and Manfred Brando participated in the board of inquiry that investigated the fleet's destruction. Ozma Lee's departure from the New UN Spacy was also established to be a disciplinary discharge because he assaulted Brando during the proceedings.

It also established that Manfred Brando was a supporter of Macross Galaxy and its implant network plan, and did no small amount of research into linking and copying human consciousness into electronic media. The man himself died in 2051, but a copy of his consciousness recorded before his death was still "alive" in 2059. Going solely by "Manfred', the electronic life form was one of the cyber nobles who supported Macross Galaxy's implant network conspiracy and in the novelization fought several battles against SMS using "borrowed" Grace bodies.
The Macross Mecha Manual
pirx

Thanks a lot, Seto! :) Good to know this lore since i haven't played any Macross game after 8-bit SNES one.
PowerdGNFlag

New PVs are out for both the main Delta movie and the attached Frontier short.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
yazi88

Max is confirmed in the movie and is using a custom YF-29.