The Official Macross Delta Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Wingnut

Re: The Official Macross Delta Anime Thread Mk I

The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Destiny_Gundam

I know tradition dictates that Mirage win the triangle, but honestly at this point I can't see her winning without some sort of asspull. They have consistently shown that Hayate and Freyja are only at their best when they're together.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Areku

Destiny_Gundam wrote:I know tradition dictates that Mirage win the triangle, but honestly at this point I can't see her winning without some sort of asspull. They have consistently shown that Hayate and Freyja are only at their best when they're together.
You mean like that same kind of asspull that just let Hayate defeat Keith, though inconclusively, through the power of music and hot-bloodedness?

Mirage seems to still be in the process of coming out of her "by-the-book" shell; when she's finished doing that, we'll probably have a better feel for the triangle's final direction. While both girls clearly have a romantic interest in Hayate, he seems to regard Freyja as a sibling and Mirage as a rival-friend and inexperienced boss.

Maybe he'll follow Alto's example and choose "Wind". :P
Iris Scope

Spoiler
Poor Elizabeth :cry: , having to drown so tragically protecting the Mustang siblings all because Major Laurie felt it was necessary to blow the Reactor Bomb. I really hope Arad punches Laurie in the face for all his smugness :x , it's been kind of leading up to something involving those two since Arad has the mad face when left tongue tied by Laurie making unpopular choices.
azrael

Destiny_Gundam wrote:I know tradition dictates that Mirage win the triangle, but honestly at this point I can't see her winning without some sort of asspull. They have consistently shown that Hayate and Freyja are only at their best when they're together.
Tradition dictates nothing. Hikaru and Misa genuinely had feelings for one another after a long period of working together. Isamu and Myung ended that way only because 1 corner of the triangle died. Mylene may have said she liked Basara but Basara never reciprocated those feelings in any way and that triangle still never resolved on-screen. Mao was never on Shin's radar cuz Mao was way too young for him. Alto preferred the 3rd option or he disappeared (depending on which version you take) so there was no happy ending there.
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."
zerogradius

Personally, I have found the love triangle to be low key this season, more so than in anything recent, maybe ever. Hayate hasn't shown any real interest in anyone, which makes me believe this love triangle will not be resolved.

I have a theory for the series moving forward.

I believe Mikumo will be killed, or more likely, will join the enemy. She doesn't appear to connect with anyone in her group, I can't point to a single friendly relationship, or even moment with them. A rivet between her and Freja seems clear.

Secondly, she saw that vision with Freja, which suggests to me she has hidden power, or will attain it.

Lastly, there's the fact that a fifth pilot was not found to replace Messer, and since Walkure has five members, that means someone has to go. Mikumo seems the clear choice.
Wingnut

zerogradius wrote:I believe Mikumo will be killed, or more likely, will join the enemy.
Given how xenophobic the Windermerians seem to be, that is extremely unlikely. I can't see any of the rune people taking in one of their "mortal enemy" as their own.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
iguanaman8989

I doubt they'll kill any of the Walkure girls, they won't want to do anything to mess with record sales.

In all likelihood, Mikumo is probably Protoculture, even if she doesn't know it yet. It's pretty much the only thing at this point that makes sense for her background, unless they want to throw something completely new at us.
Areku

zerogradius wrote:I have a theory for the series moving forward.

I believe Mikumo will be killed, or more likely, will join the enemy. She doesn't appear to connect with anyone in her group, I can't point to a single friendly relationship, or even moment with them. A rivet between her and Freja seems clear.

Secondly, she saw that vision with Freja, which suggests to me she has hidden power, or will attain it.
As has been pointed out before, Mikumo exhibits a lot of suspicious or otherwise foreshadowing behavior (much more than what you've mentioned), but I think you're mistaken to present her ostensible animosity toward her peers as another example.

Take her relationship with Freyja; she usually acts pretty hostile toward Freyja, but it has all of the undertones of a senior trying to goad their junior into performing better, much like Messer toward Hayate and Mirage. Additionally, she seems quite protective of Freyja once the missiles start flying; in both Ep 6 and Ep 13, she goes out of her way to physically place herself between Freyja and imminent danger, even getting injured while directly shielding her in the case of the latter. Actions speak louder than words, and Mikumo seems genuinely concerned for Freyja's well being.
azrael wrote:Alto preferred the 3rd option or he disappeared (depending on which version you take) so there was no happy ending there.
Well, in the movies he did explicitly choose Sheryl, but he disappeared and she fell into a coma before anything could progress beyond that decision.
ChaoticSheep1

Wait Alto disappeared? How that's a bummer ending. Is that from the movies? What happened?
pirx

From movies. He
Spoiler
teleported away with Vajra Queen heck knows where after admitting he loves Sheryl. Sheryl fell into coma from shock lol.
Also VF-29 "Durandal"
yazi88

Did anyone else catch the animation error where
Spoiler
Hayate's VF-31F Messa custom was reverted to his VF-31C? You could tell from the outside of the canopy in the back, it was blue instead of the black and silver colors. It was on the scene of Hayate's reaction to the Walkure stage being attacked.
Its a minor thing but I found it a bit amusing.
Dark Duel

Oh?
*goes back to rewatch the scene in question*
Oh yeah, it is. I actually had not noticed that. It is kinda amusing.
*continues to rewatch the rest of that scene*
Spoiler
Loved seeing Hayate shoot down pretty-boy. Even more awesome than when he shot down the loud-mouth.
So, do we think Hayate will continue to use the -31F? And If so, will it keep the same colors, or will they repaint it like his old -31C? I kinda hope the latter, personally - I liked the blue better.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Henyo

Episode 13 ..Wow..just Wow..

if the enemy had been defeated in this episode this would have made a very good penultimate episode.
i'm still on the Hayate X Mirage ship. Frejya will no doubt need to learn to sing her best without Hayate around. that's one way to avoid an asspull on the love triangle IMO.

cameos of characters from the previous series when? :twisted:
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Destiny_Gundam

Apparently Hayate has no libido.
Spoiler
Hugged by a half naked Mirage and he doesn't even blush.
pirx

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Apparently Hayate has no libido.
Spoiler
Hugged by a half naked Mirage and he doesn't even blush.
He did not blush because all of his blood was somewhere else.
ChaoticSheep1

I really wish that opera song that Heinz sings in ep13 is later released in a Soundtrack or something.
pirx

And again - who is "Lady M"???
It is not Mikumo for sure. Miriya?
Destiny_Gundam

Maybe it's a completely new character. Little point speculating about it based on one letter.
Wingnut

pirx wrote:And again - who is "Lady M"???
Judi Dench. :P
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.