The Official Gundam Reconguista Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Amion

Re: The Official Gundam Reconguista Anime Thread Mk I

I'm actually getting really excited. I don't like any of the MS designs, but the story and the general feeling of the show is starting to take hold. And this is Tomino. Given his last Gundam success, I feel that at last we have us a Gundam title that has come into the hands of one who gave us our expectations in the first place.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Evex

Was just going through the character profiles and noticed something. Zenam is a member of the capitol guard cadet academy. Upon encountering the G-Self and its pilot something makes him join up with the pirates. This oddly sounds like the beginning of cross-bone gundam. Another thing I've noticed is that two of the pilots who can pilot the G-Self are female. Does this mean the series will focus on Zenam, Monday and Aida ? Considering that past gundam series tend to focus on the pilot of the gundam
gunform1010

The series should be focusing on Beruri.

A Char Clone, given Beruri
Spoiler
goes turncoat
, likely is in the Capital Guard. I'd dare say Luin.

Apparently there's more to Aida than meets the eye, as with the G-Self. She is, however, not its initial pilot, supposedly. That's Raraiya, aka
Spoiler
"Monday"
. If any sort of magic is included again then I think her or Aida will be it manifest.

Nobell is the new Haro.

The G-Self sounds very plug and play-ish. And it apparently accommodates backpacks from Ameria too! And it changes colors... WAIT WHAT.

The Grimoire looks like some ECOAS guy turned mobile suit, complete with a P90-style rifle.
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
gunform1010

http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/81cfa85agw1 ... 0k0n00.jpg

This was in the mecha thread.
I see a new character. Who is she?

Kratos

There's actually a couple new faces there. We have Klim Nick (son of Ameria's president, the dude in white) and Manny Ambasssada (the girl). They both have written profiles on the official site but no pictures.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
gunform1010

The elevator's in South America too.

Kyuzo Aoi

gunform1010 wrote:The series should be focusing on Beruri.

Spoiler
goes turncoat
Luin and Meijin Kawaguchi have the same voice actor.

Also, I've noticed the space elevator trains. They looked spherical and could carry possibly carry cargo.
I am a Gundam!
gunform1010

Kyuzo Aoi wrote:
gunform1010 wrote:The series should be focusing on Beruri.

Spoiler
goes turncoat
Luin and Meijin Kawaguchi have the same voice actor.

Also, I've noticed the space elevator trains. They looked spherical and could carry possibly carry cargo.
Commence the flamenco.

I think they carry some kind of special power source.

balofo

From pamphlet:

-Amelia(North America) is hostile towards Capital Territory(South America) and Gondwan(Europe)
-Capital Territory(South America) and Gondwan(Europe) are cooperating

3 factions already
Kratos

More than anything else, it's this tower has me really curious. Everything so far has pointed to it being one-of-a-kind, so that's interesting that there are separate nations on Eartg actively hostile to each other and only one has explicit control over humanity's major power source (and major link to space). Since both those functions are specifically mentioned of the Tower, it kinda makes you wonder if Capital Territory has a complete stranglehold on all space travel and power or if countries like Ameria have a different means of achieving those somehow.

Does the pamphlet discuss space settlements at all, balofo? If not, I'm willing to bet they either don't exist or aren't a major factor in the story until later on. I'm hoping for the latter (Aida's mysterious background, perhaps?) but you could still have space pirates that attack the space assets of Capital Territory exclusively. In fact, since Klim - the son of Ameria's president! - is associated with the pirates, it's possible that their efforts are political machinations by Ameria against CT, at least in part.

And one random curiosity: Luin's profile says that he's a Kuntala. I wonder what that might be?
Andrew_Graruru

I know we aren't meant to spend too much time talking about the possible connections to CC, but does no one else find it significant that this is a sequel to UC involving a Space Elevator in South America?

Remember the episode of Turn A in South America? With the Aztec like people? And the ruins of a SPACE ELEVATOR?

Seriously I'm amazed no one is bringing this up
Check out my (awful) podcast. Anime Graruru.
balofo

All it says is that Photon Batteries come from space so Capital Tower is a holy ground for receiving it.
Kratos

Andrew_Graruru wrote:Remember the episode of Turn A in South America? With the Aztec like people? And the ruins of a SPACE ELEVATOR?
It's been way too long since I've seen Turn-A, I'd forgotten all about that. That's awesome.
All it says is that Photon Batteries come from space so Capital Tower is a holy ground for receiving it.
Thanks. So space settlements likely aren't a factor early on. Looking back, I think the G-Self it...self is the best evidence towards them existing, though; if its tech isn't from any existing country, where'd it come from? Could be from the past of course - the lost war machine of a lost space nation (that's getting awfully close to retreading Turn-A ground, mind).

Agh why isn't it fall yet.
gunform1010

Why are there split countries? I thought the UC unified everybody.

Hopefully space colonies are still there.

Kenji

Well, the Zeon invasion of the Earth has been explained for quite awhile as being facilitated or made possible by terrestrial peoples who aren't happy with being lorded over by the Federation, so I'm thinking unity is bound to fail eventually.

Not to mention that Victory depicts the Federation as something of a lame duck organization.
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
gunform1010

Is it safe to say the EF is gone now? (although ironically that brings the peace)

Also, who the hell piloted the G-Self first?

Hi_Nu_Gundam

I wonder if this show if this show will finally tackle the Newtype issue for the UC, and whether there will be many of them here or if they are just a mutation like in Gundam X.
Things never to say/ask on MAHQ:

Did Char and Amuro Really die?
I think Wing is better than UC.
Really, are Char and Amuro Dead?
Gundam Seed Destiny was a great show, better than Turn A!
Where can I find Gundam hentai?
Seriously people, did Char and Amuro die or not!?
balofo

From what I understand:
-Raraya arrives from space with G-Self is adopted and the mecha is hidden. Time passes
-Pirates attack the Tower, Aida steals G-Self but is captured by Beruri.
-Beruri joins Pirates
HellCat

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the steady decline of the Federation just convinced everyone to go back to smaller pre-UC style ideas of national rule, with the possible benefit that the remainder had at least cut territories into more consistent 00-style power blocks.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
darkhunger

HellCat wrote:It wouldn't surprise me at all if the steady decline of the Federation just convinced everyone to go back to smaller pre-UC style ideas of national rule, with the possible benefit that the remainder had at least cut territories into more consistent 00-style power blocks.
Don't think people need to be "convinced"... We've seen plenty of examples in history where a strong government gets weaker, fractions begin to form, and then the government collapses leaving smaller groups trying to fend for themselves. This being 1000+ years after the last we saw of UC gives plenty of time for the EF to collapse, and various groups to rise and gain power.
Hi_Nu_Gundam wrote:I wonder if this show if this show will finally tackle the Newtype issue for the UC, and whether there will be many of them here or if they are just a mutation like in Gundam X.
Keep in mind that Tomino's interpretation of "Newtypes" is a little more abstract than "how many of them are here". For example he has stated that "everyone" in Turn A has evolved into a Newtype and that was how peace was able to be sustained so long. I don't think for Tomino "Newtype-ism" is about powers but more of a state of mind.