The Official Gundam Reconguista Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
angelwingzero

Re: The Official Gundam Reconguista Anime Thread Mk I

BrentD15 wrote:
gunform1010 wrote:
Kyuzo Aoi wrote:
Spoiler
Discovered something in Kurimu Nikku's profile in ANN:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... led/.75835

As we know Turn-A Gundam is set in Ameria in North America. We had now proof that this is the missing link between UC and CC.
Spoiler
So, UC -> RC -> CC?
Spoiler
I always thought it was UC -> AW -> RC -> CC
That wasn't in regards to them begin connected timelines. Those were all Tomino directed shows, like this one. The next line after the show names was "Chief Director: Yoshiyuki Tomino". Stop worrying about "canon".
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
Amion

I'm hoping this is indeed a link to UC. I can't translate but saw some stuff that might be about ZZ and Zeta. So is that referring to Tomino's previous successes *Coughs*, or about the timeline? I'm guessing it's the former not the latter, but it's too soon to tell.

The smoothness was up a beat in this one, though I STILL am not sure about the mecha action. I'm hoping we have V-level stuff somewhere down the line, to show there is indeed advanced technology. Since it would fit the really fantastical theme of the buildings and elevators, which look pretty darn cool.

Yay, Space Pirates! I mean, Arggh!
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
HellCat

I'm pretty sure the start is bigging up Tomino's past Gundam TV credits. Kinda like how Trailblazer sometimes called out 'The first original Gundam theatrical motion picture in 17 years!"
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
gunform1010

It's definitely TV show credits.
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
gunform1010

Amion wrote:I'm hoping this is indeed a link to UC.

We've been over this, it is. According to ANN, the line said in the trailer is that "Beyond the UC is the Reguild Century".
Yay, Space Pirates! I mean, Arggh!
ESPECIALLY AIDA. Something's charming bout her.

toysdream

Just FYI, it's meant to be "Regild Century" (kind of like "Gilded Age"). It would be nice to nip this "Reguild" thing in the bud, or otherwise it's going to be bugging me for months. :-)

-- Mark
gunform1010

toysdream wrote:Just FYI, it's meant to be "Regild Century" (kind of like "Gilded Age"). It would be nice to nip this "Reguild" thing in the bud, or otherwise it's going to be bugging me for months. :-)

-- Mark
OH GOD if this is anything like the "Gilded Age". I'm sick of the UC's trademark EFSF corruption.

Hi_Nu_Gundam

Late this thread sorry. But the title is supposed to be "Reconquista" right? As in the Spanish Reconquest from the Moors? I wonder if this gives a hint as to what the conflict will be about...
Things never to say/ask on MAHQ:

Did Char and Amuro Really die?
I think Wing is better than UC.
Really, are Char and Amuro Dead?
Gundam Seed Destiny was a great show, better than Turn A!
Where can I find Gundam hentai?
Seriously people, did Char and Amuro die or not!?
toysdream

It's derived from "Reconquista," and it's supposed to have a similar meaning, but for some reason they changed the Japanese kana and the accompanying English spelling, so we're left with the made-up word "Reconguista". I suspect that this is some kind of anagrammatic tic - "Re-Gild Century" and "Re-Con-Guista" both use the letters R, G, and C, albeit in a different order.

-- Mark
HellCat

toysdream wrote:Just FYI, it's meant to be "Regild Century" (kind of like "Gilded Age"). It would be nice to nip this "Reguild" thing in the bud, or otherwise it's going to be bugging me for months. :-)

-- Mark
But how does it fit into the Turn A Bang?

*ducks*
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
LightningCount

I'm not sure how much changed since it was allegedly a non-Gundam show called "G-Reko" (with a totally different main mecha design that gave off a 2001: Space Odyssey vibe), but this is shaping up to be a little more interesting than first impressions seemed to indicate.

It seems like we've basically got a bridge timeline/series between UC and CC. (Makes sense given the visual vibe of old and new mixed together). Its premise brings to mind Gundam 00 in some regards, in that you have the establishment being challenged by an unaffiliated, advanced Gundam that appears before an orbital elevator that supplies power to the world (could this mean that Gundam 00 also fits in the Dark History?) However, it mixes in the Eureka 7 concept of the girl incidentally bringing the main mecha to the guy, and some manner of relationship forming as a result...

Of note, Raraiya Mandy, the girl who comes with the Gundam from space...she has an appearance not unlike Turn-A's Rolan Cehack--hair color, skin tone, eye color, and white garb motif (like Rolan's pilot suit). Could this mean the foreign technology is from the Moon, before they were forgotten in the CC timeline? Regardless, the final element of this, with the pirate motif, brings to mind the Crossbone series, and/or the ragtag rebels of Eureka 7's Gekko State. It's an intriguing mix, especially in the context of Gundam's convoluted multi-timeline universe.

In case it wasn't made clear, full plot/character/mecha outlines are here in English: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... led/.75835
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
gunform1010

I'm still betting on flashy magic stuff.

monster

LightningCount wrote:In case it wasn't made clear, full plot/character/mecha outlines are here in English: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... led/.75835
Beruri, who joins the battle in the maintenance mobile suit Rekuten, successfully captures the G-Serufu. However, Beruri feels something for the space pirate girl named Aiida Reihanton who piloted the G-Serufu. It is the same feeling he has for G-Serufu, even though he supposedly never seen it before. The G-Serufu, which should only be operable under specific conditions, is somehow started up by Beruri.

The objective of Aiida and the space pirates who attacked the Capital Tower, and the fate followed by Beruri who was chosen by G-Serufu, will lead to truths that will shake the entire Reguild Century era.
I'm not too fond of elements like this in Gundam. My interest is still there, but it's diminished now.
Raraiya Mandy
Mysterious girl who suddenly appeared on Earth, riding the G-Serufu
So are there 2 units of G-Self?
gunform1010

There's got to be a "Char Clone" in here somewhere.

darkhunger

toysdream wrote:It's derived from "Reconquista," and it's supposed to have a similar meaning, but for some reason they changed the Japanese kana and the accompanying English spelling, so we're left with the made-up word "Reconguista". I suspect that this is some kind of anagrammatic tic - "Re-Gild Century" and "Re-Con-Guista" both use the letters R, G, and C, albeit in a different order.

-- Mark
Tomino explained this in an interview back when the title was announced... The Japanese just like that hard "g" sound in their titles. Most mecha anime titles have one. And Tomino decided to just corrupt the word reconquista.
Kyuzo Aoi

I was also cracked up by the choice of Hare Menjou's [or Annie Leonhardt's] VA for Aida.

Then it occurred to me.

She once voiced the female lead in Wings of Rean.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wings_of_Rean

Also, that "Beruri, Beru" in the trailer, that was Aida, for sure.
I saw a design of a guy with a black Yzak Joule hairstyle in the second trailer. He is probably that Char Clone, without mask.
I am a Gundam!
Chris
Administrator

I'm going to step in and tell everyone right now that I don't want this discussion to turn into pages of endless speculation about Turn A and the Dark History. After 14 years, it's gone beyond tiresome to hear people drone on forever trying to force everything into some mega timeline. I don't want to see a constant stream of how/when/if this show will connect to Turn A, particularly when we have so little to go on.

I know it's impossible to expect people to control the instinct to go out of control with the speculation, I'm going to say it anyway. Let's all wait for the show to actually air and see if Tomino intends to make some explicit connection to Turn A.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
gunform1010

Kyuzo Aoi wrote:
I saw a design of a guy with a black Yzak Joule hairstyle in the second trailer. He is probably that Char Clone, without mask.
Only problem is he's riding a generic mecha. :P

Hi_Nu_Gundam

darkhunger wrote:
toysdream wrote:It's derived from "Reconquista," and it's supposed to have a similar meaning, but for some reason they changed the Japanese kana and the accompanying English spelling, so we're left with the made-up word "Reconguista". I suspect that this is some kind of anagrammatic tic - "Re-Gild Century" and "Re-Con-Guista" both use the letters R, G, and C, albeit in a different order.

-- Mark
Tomino explained this in an interview back when the title was announced... The Japanese just like that hard "g" sound in their titles. Most mecha anime titles have one. And Tomino decided to just corrupt the word reconquista.
This is after all the same guy who apparently insisted New York be spelled New YARK :D
Things never to say/ask on MAHQ:

Did Char and Amuro Really die?
I think Wing is better than UC.
Really, are Char and Amuro Dead?
Gundam Seed Destiny was a great show, better than Turn A!
Where can I find Gundam hentai?
Seriously people, did Char and Amuro die or not!?
toysdream

You know "New Yark" was written differently in kana too, right? It's not like they just arbitrarily changed the English spelling.

-- Mark