The Official Gundam The Origin Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Toxicity

Re: The Official Gundam The Origin Anime Thread Mk I

I don't keep up with releases much nowadays, so I was surprised to hear origin actually got green-lit and that the first episode was out already. I tracked it down and watched it, and I enjoyed it for the most part. The CGI looked decent enough, but I didn't like how fast-paced the action was. OYW era mobile suits shouldn't be zipping around like they're in Zone of the Enders or a 4th gen Armored Core game.

Are the birthdays of characters in Origin the same as the original material? I did some reading after I completed the episode and I was surprised to learn that Kycilia is only like 13 or 14 years old during the events of Origin 1. I sure as hell would've never guessed she was that young given her character design, but then again I didn't even think she was a woman the first time she appeared on screen so its entirely possible I'm just out of touch with modern character design trends in anime.
Erisie

Found an interview with Takashi Imanishi.

Page 1: http://i.imgur.com/bPH3ZjI.jpg
Pages 2-5: http://imgur.com/a/GbCK6#0
MV6000 the Ace Zeon Pilot

I finally received my copy of the Blu-Ray collector's edition! While the episode was great and faithful adaptation of the manga I was disappointed with everything else.

There was no real effort to localize this for the English market (Aside from it having an English dub). At least the Gundam Unicorn series had English covers even if the disc itself was the same as the Japanese release. The two bonus books (and the pamphlet inside the Blu-ray case) are in Japanese and thus can't be read. It sucks because I would have loved to read them but can't.

But before everyone gets defensive yes it did say all the extras would be in Japanese but that still doesn't mean it isn't disappointing.

Honestly they should stick to how they released Gundam Unicorn have every episode released with English covers and just a single episode for around $60 maybe $70 price range.
*Im not removing this signature until ZZ Gundam gets dubbed and is released in America*

Started on October 14,2007
nickh46

The site's updated again, but one thing I noticed is that they're switching back to Navy ranks (in contrast to the manga which had the NCOs with Army ranks). Denim is listed as Chief Petty Officer instead of Master Sergeant now.
toysdream

Yep, Deacon spotted that glitch so I asked them to fix it. As per Sunrise decision, the Republic uses army ranks and the Principality uses navy. For some reason I used the wrong one for Denim initially.

-- Mark
Deacon Blues

Little disappointed by this release to be honest... wasn't expecting the storyboard book to be so tiny and the lineart so sparse. Hopefully this changes in the next installment.

I think more money was spent on the box that houses the bluray and booklet than anything :/
balofo

Deacon Blues wrote:Little disappointed by this release to be honest... wasn't expecting the storyboard book to be so tiny and the lineart so sparse. Hopefully this changes in the next installment.

I think more money was spent on the box that houses the bluray and booklet than anything :/
Is there any lineart for Ocean Cargo Ship and the Chivvay? If there is please confirm the mech designers for each.
Deacon Blues

Nope... those were mysteriously left out for whatever reason...
Epic SA-X Guy

I watched this yesterday, and I think what surprised me most is how quiet young Char is. He barely says anything. It's interesting how most of his emotion seems to be conveyed visually until the Guntank scene where it all comes out in one murderous outburst.

Anyway, very much looking forward to the second one. I think Shuichi Ikeda's going to be in it whole hog in the next episode.
Kyuzo Aoi

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... aff/.89950
Spoiler
Does it mean, the real Char is actually a Rau?
I'm glad they still retained Amuro's VA. It's odd that Mirai's VA is replaced by Audrey Burne's voice actress in Unicorn.
I am a Gundam!
SaintEvolution

Kyuzo Aoi wrote:http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... aff/.89950
Spoiler
Does it mean, the real Char is actually a Rau?
I'm glad they still retained Amuro's VA. It's odd that Mirai's VA is replaced by Audrey Burne's voice actress in Unicorn.
Tohru IS Amuro. Japanese fans think that. He probably will stop to does Amuro only he become sick or die.

It's a great information that he will do his role, but not a surprising information.
nickh46

If the latest trailer is any indication, Ikeda is going to do a great job as Casval.
Epic SA-X Guy

Are we sure this is Ikeda playing the Young Char/Casval? He sounds so different.

Has he ever done a role like this? Where he played a teenager? Just for comparison.
nickh46

Yeah dude, it's confirmed, both on the official website and in one of those "special" interviews with Ikeda. I don't know off the top of me head of any recent teen roles he did though.
riva

Really enjoyed the first episode, really cool stuff. Just wondering if the lightheadedness was seen throughout the manga as well? I know some enjoy that sort of relief from such a serious story but personally I cringe.
RyuseiDateSRX

I live in the UK and I'm gonna watch it. It's so freaking awesome that we'll get to see The Origin episode 2 before everyone else! You live in the UK too right? Maybe we could meet up.
Erisie

riva wrote:Just wondering if the lightheadedness was seen throughout the manga as well?
Yes, absolutely. You could almost say it's one of Yas' trademarks. One of his first works for TV was Kun-Kun, a cute series about prehistoric kids.
riva

Erisie wrote:
riva wrote:Just wondering if the lightheadedness was seen throughout the manga as well?
Yes, absolutely. You could almost say it's one of Yas' trademarks. One of his first works for TV was Kun-Kun, a cute series about prehistoric kids.
Ahh shucks. That's too bad for me. Kudos to them for staying true to the source material though, gotta respect that. Thanks for the reply.