The Gundam SEED DESTINY Remaster Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
ShadowCell

The Gundam SEED DESTINY Remaster Thread Mk III

new thread BAM
latenlazy wrote:
Deathzealot wrote:And where did you get that CB created the Solar Wars? I don't remember anything about that?
Side materials, with regards to Veda.
iCards

Re: The Gundam SEED DESTINY Remaster Thread Mk III

Episode 47:

Since prominent figures were victims of the Logos hunt a while back not a lot of Earth Nations could outright deny the Destiny Plan. That was a pretty far-seeing stall tactic, that started before Angel Down, to allow time to cement the Plan.

I like how Cagalli is wearing her Military Uniform at her meetings now. It IS during a time of crisis so to me that uniform says "I am the Commander and Chief here nooneelse."

SD animation that is how you get propaganda over to the youth of today. Heck I think some big companies in Japan actually have Moe mascots created for them.

"I am a clone." That alone should set up a connection/confrontation with Kira. Especially given Rey's seemingly fond memories of Rau, and that they are on the same meds. Given that his future is a short one he also seems to cling to Durandal's dream. The way he keeps saying "The Chairman is right." doesn't come across as something he says for deception on Shinn, it feels like something he is affirming with himself.

"The true Songtress is about to return." Considering that both ZAFT and Allience ships formed up on the Eternal that is one heck of a callout to sleeper allies.

3 episodes left I believe for the Remaster.
Silver_August

And so begins the final storm of wackyness and insanity that is the Destiny Remaster!

We get another beginning to end recap of the entire series now to the narration of Durandal's plan instead of Meer's diary... alright! lol man if they didn't cut those clip show episodes this would've been maddening... if it wasn't already.

Least now that I've rewatched this series I can see Shinn didn't just totally accept the plan right away, he's hesistant and actually thinking "This wasn't what I wanted was it?" While other people are putting the thoughts in his head that yes this was what you wanted, now fight for it!

I feel bad for Rey sort of because he probably knows that technically he has no place in this new world, since I somehow doubt the Destiny Plan has room for clones who age quicker and have shorter lifespans due to being far from perfect.

The archangel's discussion was amusing if only because for like 5 sentences every line ended in the word "fight" lol but all in all its not the most compelling or motivating reason to get out there but they knew they had to on the basis that they're the main characters now (sort of) so its their job haha.

As of course Darth Durandal fired the Death Star-I mean Genesi-I mean Requiem at those who didn't agree with his plan and everyone's fine with it, which is a nice way to deal with people who don't agree with you...blow them up!

...Seriously, he's got the window of the death star behind him and the laser is green, come on! lol

Ah well 2-3 episodes left, 2 forsure, 3 if they surprise us... either way, this is where A LOT of improvements or corrections are overdue, so...bring it on!
MarshalBraginsky

He's also acting like Ribbons from 00S2 in terms of God complex though. Only difference is that Durandal is not piloting a mobile suit.
Silver_August

Honestly Durandal isn't a bad villian to me, I rather like how ambigious he was - I always felt he was evil on the sheer logic that he's always looking so ominious in the Openings, he just screamed baddie. But his slow chess game toward what we have now was nice, it always felt in character to me and not well... Shinn.

His motives in all honesty are good, he legimitly doesn't want war..even if he's going to take away humanity's sense of freedom and choice to do it.

I'm still going to praise this show for showing both sides had corruption and villiany going on and a solid premise/universe, but gosh darn does it drop the ball and feel muted by the end of it.
Kuruni

MarshalBraginsky wrote:He's also acting like Ribbons from 00S2 in terms of God complex though. Only difference is that Durandal is not piloting a mobile suit.
If they're actual gods, the big different would be that (at least from my impression)...

...Gilly actually has grand scheme, he may want to remove his followers' freedom and doesn't care if many sacrifice are need, but his ultimate goal is the kingdom of everlasting peace.

...Ribbons, on other hand, is god who simply play around with his followers, all sacrifice happen because he feel good when puny mortal die en mass because of him. Heck, he even has legions of "angel" that're suicide bombers, just because he feel good when lives loss "for him".
My girlfriend was a loli.
latenlazy

Kuruni wrote: ...Ribbons, on other hand, is god who simply play around with his followers, all sacrifice happen because he feel good when puny mortal die en mass because of him. Heck, he even has legions of "angel" that're suicide bombers, just because he feel good when lives loss "for him".
Ribbons was clearly drunk off Veda powers and his own immortality. For some reason that made Ribbon's power grab evil plan easier to swallow and more believable than Gilly's eugenic society.
Kuruni

I didn't say Ribbons is unbelievable. Afterall, there are many old religion/cult that require sacrifice to please god simply to keep their wrath at bay.

Just my thought that even if both playing god, there's still different between them.
My girlfriend was a loli.
HellCat

The novels go quite nicely into Ribbons thoughts. We get the key element in show (that Setsuna looking upon 0 Gundam with such awe gave Ribbons his god complex) but the books add little things like the fact he hates humans so much that he's disgusted his creators put his mind into a body based on their own. The key issue that gets pointed at is that Combat Type Innovades were a big mistake. Regular Innovades don't know what they are, infiltrate a part of society as unknowing moles and are then rotated out/given a completely new ID at the point people would notice they never age. Combat Innovades, of which Ribbons is apparently the first, have to know who and what they are to see their goals through. Of course when you create a superior being to die in your place and let it know all of that, it tends to become unhappy.

Really, with Ribbons what always bugged me was that the Federation government would submit to him the way they did. Especially after how the three powers went out of their way to oppose the public side of CB and its intervention ways.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Zeonista

HellCat wrote:Really, with Ribbons what always bugged me was that the Federation government would submit to him the way they did. Especially after how the three powers went out of their way to oppose the public side of CB and its intervention ways.
The attitude of Japan is much different in accepting & submitting to assertive authority than it is to those of us in the West, especially in the USA where our God-given right to tell authority to go fork itself is perpetually available. :) Ribbons did have a superior position though in that he was the man with the plan, and the answers to their questions. Why shouldn't the Federation government go along with him, especially since he wasn't Celestial Being?
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
latenlazy

Zeonista wrote:
HellCat wrote:Really, with Ribbons what always bugged me was that the Federation government would submit to him the way they did. Especially after how the three powers went out of their way to oppose the public side of CB and its intervention ways.
The attitude of Japan is much different in accepting & submitting to assertive authority than it is to those of us in the West, especially in the USA where our God-given right to tell authority to go fork itself is perpetually available. :) Ribbons did have a superior position though in that he was the man with the plan, and the answers to their questions. Why shouldn't the Federation government go along with him, especially since he wasn't Celestial Being?
I don't think it really had much to do with Japanese culture here. Being able to float around a lot of money and giving the Federation technology however probably did much to prop up his influence. This is a Destiny thread though, so perhaps the discussion should be moved somewhere else.
iCards

Silver finally gets his last Uzumi BBQ.

Interesting preview they didn't even hide that the Justice slices up the Destiny. I wonder if the next episode is all battle with the one following that being the character closing arguments; Destiny HD has still been listed as 50 episodes.
Blazer-X

Seems like the major battles are finishing up next episode. From that, I suppose its safe to assume the Kira/Durandal confrontation and epilogue is getting cut to the "new final episode", assuming that they are following 50 episodes. Wonder if they're adding some new things to make transition to the dropped movie?
Silver_August

OH god, there was an Uzumi BBQ in this episode and I missed it!? Which segment of flashbacks was it sandwiched between? I must've had my head turned when my dog was sucking up for attention...

This episode definitely felt as bad as the Gundamn Crew made it feel in terms of almost entirely being comprised of stock footage from other battles or redrawn animation retrofitted for other mobile suits (that Providence-Legend-Akatsuki clip for example).

Was also funny how they seem outnumbers a hundred to one out there but were able to just spam and sweep the ZAFT forces like they're nothing, annnnnd Luna gets her ass handed by Doms, so that's alright with me, lol.

Least Neo's reckless heroic worked now since he has a Mobile Suit designed to fend off that kind of attack - though it was semi rediculous that it could block off a blast like that when the Minerva's cannon is supposed to be all uber strong and was able to break apart a falling colony. It does make me wonder why no one in Build Fighters tried to base a gunpla after the Akatsuki and give it armor that just deflects all beam weapons - maybe absorb them toooo... would be slightly more effective then a shield that's always the first thing to go in combat, nudge nudge Sei.

And yeah that preview is interesting... the episode title is the same, The Final Power and showed no sign of the epilogue but also no sign of the Mexican stand off either... so maybe they are planning to Frankenstein 2 episodes out of the final epsiode and the OVA and just maaaaybe sprinkle in some new footage, did the preview show new footage? Because honestly I couldn't tell if anything was new or not, at this point I assume anything that mooths slick and isnt a still frame being panned is new footage lol.
monster

I believe the Final Plus was about as long as 2 episodes. So they'll only have to make minor edits to split it into an actual 2 episodes and add the last few minutes of SE IV.

Aside from that, I don't expect major changes in animation other than whatever changes were already done for the Final Plus/SE IV.
Dark Duel

Silver_August wrote:His motives in all honesty are good, he legitimaly doesn't want war..even if he's going to take away humanity's sense of freedom and choice to do it.
There's an old saying about the road to Hell and what it's paved with. I think that perfectly describes Durandal as a villain. His intentions are good, even arguably noble. But he is still an evil, manipulative *******.
I agree with you there. The whole premise of his actual plan in the series is however so completely ridiculous as to be downright laughable. That is what annoyed me about him.

There were many, many things in GSD I had a major problem with. Other than the sheer stupidity of his plan, Durandal was not one of them.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Silver_August

Oh yah there is no denying that its a really silly and impractical idea and to expect the entrire human race to go along with it ...and to then retaliate with super death weapons is laughable lol.
latenlazy

By the end of this series it felt like a contest between two well meaning self righteous holier than thou teams vying for supremacy.
monster

Not necessarily supremacy, but survival. Durandal believes anyone opposing the Destiny Plan is an enemy of humanity itself, not just him, and Lacus and company believe Durandal threatens their survival should they oppose his plan.

In fact, GSD is probably the only gundam show where the direct motivation for the final battle is over a weapon of mass destruction, with one side trying to destroy it and the other side trying to defend it.
Wingnut

monster wrote:In fact, GSD is probably the only gundam show where the direct motivation for the final battle is over a weapon of mass destruction, with one side trying to destroy it and the other side trying to defend it.
What is Axis in CCA? The rock itself is the WMD and you have Londo Bell trying to take it out or at least change its course to where it misses, and you have Neo Zeon there to try and stop them from doing that and having it hit Earth. That feel though admittedly can get lost among all the more personal 1v1s going on out there.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.