The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk IV

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
yazi88

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk IV

I'll say it again, BUILD FIGHTERS IS THE "WHERE'S WALDO OF GUNDAM!"
Wingnut

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Doesn't Fenice mean phoenix? Kinda redundant, isn't it? Is there any particular unit he kitbashed that with, or is it all scratch?
Not confirmed of course, but it's more likely then the AGE-2 Normal/SP that most people immediately gravitate towards.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kyuzo Aoi

I've been wowed at a lot of cameos in this episode. Did they even hire the some of VAs back just to reprise their cameos?
Spoiler
And yes, Moonlight Butterfly is of no use against Gyan Vulcan. We should ought to thank Sazaki for that. Now the Turn-A fans will scream "heresy! Moonlight Butterfly is supposed to be the most powerful Gundam attack ever!" as they learned their precious Turn-X is below the Gyan in the Gundam food chain and have some comfort when the new Fenice showed up.
I am a Gundam!
Destiny_Gundam

Wingnut wrote:
Destiny_Gundam wrote:Doesn't Fenice mean phoenix? Kinda redundant, isn't it? Is there any particular unit he kitbashed that with, or is it all scratch?
Not confirmed of course, but it's more likely then the AGE-2 Normal/SP that most people immediately gravitate towards.
Both those links go just to the pan shot. If you have another image comparing stuff, you didn't link it.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Dark Duel

Am I the only one who LOL'd just a bit at the "Fenice Rinascita"'s name? "Rinascita" is Italian for "Rebirth", which I thought was neat - as well as oddly appropriate in more ways than one, given that rebirth after death is kind of a phoenix's schtick.
Ambivalent on the design itself; I like that it can transform again, and there are some things I like about it aesthetically, not least of which is that it looks a lot like how I visualized a symetrically-designed Fenice would, but some things about it I don't like.

Other than that, I loved this episode, the highlight of which, for me, was seeing how GOOD Sei's control skills are now. Clearly, he's learned a lot.
And unfortunately, next episode we see the Exia Dork Matter in action *grumbles*
By the way, Miss Sazabi does look a lot better in animation than the real Gunpla, but I still hate it.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Outlaw

Wow, so... many... cameos. Was I the only one so busy trying to spot characters that it was hard to keep up with the subtitles?

I have to admit I'm glad that the series will wrap soon, because I'm not sure I'd want to see what Caroline would do to Nils after a couple more meetings. :oops:

For being such a minor character Sei's dad seems to have had a pretty big impact on a lot of people, starting to wonder if he'll end up arresting the Chairman for whatever nefarious scheme he pulls out of his hat in the end.
Dark Duel wrote:By the way, Miss Sazabi does look a lot better in animation than the real Gunpla, but I still hate it.
Agreed, the Dark Matter also looks better animated but, still not a fan; and as an aside how is that considered black and red? It looks more purple to me, maybe burgundy at best.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Wingnut

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Wingnut wrote:
Both those links go just to the pan shot. If you have another image comparing stuff, you didn't link it.
Dang it. This be the right link here.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Zeonista

halo1000 wrote:
Ryujin wrote:I'M IN CAMEO OVERLOADDDDDDD.
Good God, even the little blobs of colour standing around the 1:1 statues are cameos.
Can anyone translate these, I was only able to identify a few, my encyclopedic knowledge of gundam clearly isn't up to scratch, it took me way too long to identify Carris Nautilus in the crowds too. I'm on my third viewing and only just noticed
Spoiler
Haru, Rina, and Kenta from Gunpla Builders at 3.35
Ask and ye shall receive, especially since most of them were in katakana. :) Read 'em left to right, bottom to top.
Rosamia, Sirocco, ??, Trowa, Rain & Domon, Milly, Jiru, Miharu, Kai, Lala, M'quve, Char, Nanai, Audrey, Banagher, Shirou, Aina, ??, Quattro, Uso & Shakti & Katejina, Nicol, Kira, Athrun, Nani (again), Char (again), Al, Duo, Hilde, Garrod, Tifa, Ple #1, Haman, Judau, Ple #2, Jamitov, Laura, Harry, Camille, Four, Yzak, Dearka, Haman (CDA), Seabook, Cecily, Amuro, Chien.

I am going to have to watch the episode again just to get all the cameos. So many, and many of them primed to move fans to rejoicing and/or tears.

Best moments: all the banners, "because you're a dumb kid", Zssa Custom, "that's bullying", letting the girlfriend win, family reunion, Al the winner, Aila & China with Miss Sazabi, ninja ninja'd.

Edit: GBF is so getting a second season! And has anyone else noted that Reiji has part of the Zeon symbol in his shirt collar? ;)
Last edited by Zeonista on Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
AmuroNT1

Honestly, I thought the new Fenice's elements looked like they came from the Kyrios family more than AGE-2.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Blazer-X

I'm quite on the fence with the new Fenice. On the one hand, really love the new head (I've always preferred "mouth-less" plates), the overall bulkier design of the suit, and the new shield. On the other hand, I've grown to love Fenice's asymmetry, even though I generally don't like asymmetric MS. Its part of what makes the design so unique, so part of me does feel like this new design kind of takes away to the unique-ness of it and just made it a bulkier Wing Gundam with two guns.
Kuruni

Strike Zero wrote:I'm not usually one for predictions, but if
Spoiler
Mashita uses that giant plavsky crystal to make the giant 1:1 Zaku move and do his bidding, followed by the crowd below bringing an army made up of their own Gunpla to life in order to stop it,
then this show will have exceeded just about anything and everything Gundam-related that ever came before it, and that will ever come out after.
I think so, except that...
Spoiler
Reiji will animate the 1:1 Gundam to counter it, but it alone can't stop the Zaku due to lack of massive Arista like Mashita's. Then everyone help him out.
BTW, remember that Reiji actually doesn't care if Mashita try to get rid of him by cheating, since it will be just another challenge for Reiji to overcome. But he warned Mashita not to interfere with someone else...guess we will finally see him punched soon.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Mythgarr

AmuroNT1 wrote:Honestly, I thought the new Fenice's elements looked like they came from the Kyrios family more than AGE-2.
I think the body is modified Kyrios's body. The head could be modified AGE-2 head. I am not sure about the wings though...You could see elements of AGE-2 Normal's wings there.
Visit The Dreams
DoubleZero

Rinascita's eyes reminds me a bit of Legilis', but the face probably belongs to the AGE-2.

I tried to find similarities from Reborns' face to Rinascita's.

EDIT: Rinascita means "Reborn", right? Maybe they do have some similarities. Does the Rinascita have funnels/fangs?
"Rush hour, during the Dark hour..."
Vixy

Im hoping there is more either anime or manga that takes place in this world/setting.

The new Moah suit, the new Fenice, and Sei showing how much he has grown as a pilot shows how much still can be done with this world/setting/series.

New Weapon set?
Spoiler
Hiding this just in case.
HellCat

The bird mode is very Early Type/ Ver Ka. So I'm assuming the dandy kitbashed the Okawara and Katoki versions.

I half expected he'd straight just go for a Wing Zero.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
ZeonsSilverStar

Caught the episode yesterday after work but I didn't really enjoy it as much as the previous. Yeah sure there were cameos left and right but I just wasn't feeling it. Anyway now that the Embody system is back in play I expect to see Sei/Reiji breaking its hold by reminding Tatsuya how much he loves Gunpla and why he battles and the like.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
Vent Noir

Mythgarr wrote:
AmuroNT1 wrote:Honestly, I thought the new Fenice's elements looked like they came from the Kyrios family more than AGE-2.
I think the body is modified Kyrios's body. The head could be modified AGE-2 head. I am not sure about the wings though...You could see elements of AGE-2 Normal's wings there.
Staff seem to like the Kyrios - Aila is shown to be making Miss Sazabi from a combination of Sazabi (natch) and Kyrios.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Xenosynth

I dunno, since it keeps being brought up, Miss Sazabi really doesn't look as bad as people keep making it out to be. At least in these images the proportions don't look anywhere near as bad as people are exaggerating them to be. When looking at a posed one, it actually looks awesome, at least in my opinion.

Anyway from what I can see of the model it really doesn't look like it borrows parts of the HG00 Kyrios or has any Kyrios-esque parts. I mean, for all we know, that Kyrios box could have been for a person that sat to the left of her. Also surprised no one noticed that the box to the left of hers changes also, as in an earlier scene... there's a Rick Dias box..., and there's only one box there ((That appears to be the bottom, open half rather than the top cover lid which has the art))
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

Since the designs of both Miss Sazabi and Rinascita have been discusssed ad nauseam, if the plamo designers can make the Crossbone Kai look half as good as it does on the show, then I'm buyin'. Also, I think Rain makes a way better announcer than Kirara (the cheater). Speaking of whom, being the official mascot of the tournament, isn't she ineligible to compete for that lifetime supply of Gunpla?
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Zeonista

Rain was an excellent announcer for the mini-tournament. :) I don't know if Kirara actually competed to win, or if she just wanted to let the air out of Fenice's ego after he thrashed the other competitors to the point where Reiji called it "bullying". The other guys he defeated or de-girled seemed to enjoy the match! :D
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde