The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk IV

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
YokozunaBulldozer

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk IV

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Mythgarr wrote:gosh, we don't have any mecha anime now, do we
Majin Bone, Captain Earth and Diamandler have already started airing.
I see your spring line-up and raise you fruit-armored warriors consisting of an orange, banana, grapes, melon, etc.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
FieryBlitz

YokozunaBulldozer wrote:
Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Mythgarr wrote:gosh, we don't have any mecha anime now, do we
Majin Bone, Captain Earth and Diamandler have already started airing.
I see your spring line-up and raise you fruit-armored warriors consisting of an orange, banana, grapes, melon, etc.
Ha ha! I see what you did there. That show is surprisingly mature for being so bright and colorful.
Mythgarr

Only Captain Earth has potential in the spring line-up...sigh...
no more rumors on Season 2 of GBF?
Visit The Dreams
HellCat

According to a friend from Singapore, one of the jokey denial tweets claims we'll get an announcement end of June.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
HellCat

So question based on what seemed to be one of the ultimate messages of the show- for those into the hobby, do you keep every kit you make or do you cull your collection for various reasons?

I'm intrigued because I've kept nearly every kit I've made and during the run of BF was thinking about getting rid of some. Obviously the show itself wants you to BUY MORE, but there seemed to be a valid message about letting older kits go for new projects.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Zeonista

I am a kit hoarder, same with everything else I like a lot. :D Now I have thrown out or traded away older stuff, but for many built models I have enjoyed using them and playing with them as RPG props. There are good memories associated with some of my HG models, and I would keep them forever if I could.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Xenosynth

I keep all of mine as well. Even with older ones, like my first kits, that aren't built very well, they can all be used for extra polycaps, parts, etc.
SpideyWing

The only Gundam kit that is no longer part of my collection is an old 1/144 NG Ashatron from X; it was destroyed as a causality of an argument between one of my siblings and myself.
Signature to be determined later...look! A Puppy!
Raikoh

I can say that since I haven't been building Gunpla for long, I've managed to keep every kit that I made.

Time will tell if I'll be able to keep that up, but I think it's safe to say that I will. I'm a bit of a pack rat, I don't throw things out. At most, I just put them in a box in my closet/garage or something. I have action figures from the 90s somewhere in my house, I know...

But I DO already have two Zakus that got demoted to the closet because I put them together poorly...
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
AmuroNT1

I have way too many models...been doing them for about ten years now, so I've got all kinds of insane stuff. Grabbed the G Gundam weapons set for the 1/144 models, as well as the Mazinger and Getter models Bandai made plus their Eva-02.

Really, most of them just take up space in my room and closet. I've debated getting rid of...well, most of them to be honest.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Mythgarr

I keep my collections I purchased since 2013.
My collections before that were illegally given by my parents when I was working far from home (mostly SEED kits), or broken apart because of flood (MG Zeta 1.0 and MG GM Quel)
Visit The Dreams
BrentD15

Those Beargguy III shirts look pretty tempting. :)
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Zeonista

The shirts look very nice. Now I have to get the Thai bootlegs that will actually fit me. :P
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
BrentD15

Well, since the anime is considered done, what about the manga? :)
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
SpideyWing

So, this is something I debated starting an entire thread on, but since it's closely related to Build Fighters, I'm going to ask this here: Has anyone designed and/or made a custom Gunpla with the idea of it being useful in Gunpla Battle? ...Because I did. >_>

I actually came up with two ideas, one of which is more solidified than the other. The first I call the Strike Wing Gundam. Why? Well, it's a basic Wing Gundam HG with a reinforced Buster Rifle, with the idea of it being a variable output weapon. In addition, the regular beam sabre is replaced with the Nu Gundam's beam sword, and a couple of beam shield generators would be added to the shield. Finally...DRAGOONs. 4 of them, two on each wing That's where the "Strike" in Strike Wing Gundam comes from.

Of course, I have a Mid-Season Upgrade: The Nu Wing Zero. As I have designed it in my head, it's kind of a monster. It would still have the Twin Buster Rifle, since it's kind of the signature weapon. However, the regular beam sabres would be switched out for the ones from the Hi-Nu Gundam, with the shoulder holders on the 1/144 being modified to actually hold them. Next, the hands would be replaced with the ones from the Destiny. Like with the Strike Wing, the shield would have two beam shield generators installed in it. However, this is not the biggest change. That would be the wings, which while they would still have the thrusters on them, there would be two GN Sword Bit holders from two 00-QAN[T] kits installed on it. Also, the two GN Sword Vs from the 00 kits would have custom holders on the back of the holsters. This culminates in a Nu-inspired paintjob and...from the MG Star Trek kits, a couple of Bussard Collectors plus a RG frame / System. Oh, and it can still transform into Neo-Bird Mode.

So, what's the point of all these gimmicks? Well, I wanted a kit that was akin to the Defiant from DS9: a souped-up machine that can dish it out. The Bussard Collectors would allow the Plavsky Particles into the kit, and the RG System would do exactly what it did in GBF. Having the hands from the Destiny would mean that, in addition to being able to do everything normal hands do...it'll have God Gundam-esque Finishers. Finally, the GN Sword Bits are kind of a change to have, but I like the idea of small bits that can combine with a weapon in various ways.

And those are the two ideas I had; as you can see, the Nu Zero is a bit more fleshed out compared to the Strike Wing. Anyone else thought about this, or created an actual kit?
Signature to be determined later...look! A Puppy!
Wingnut

https://twitter.com/buildfighters/statu ... 85/photo/1
Looks like BD info and a pic of an older China.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Amion

For some reason, she reminds me of Baker. She's cute though. :oops:
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
BrentD15

Wingnut wrote:https://twitter.com/buildfighters/statu ... 85/photo/1
Looks like BD info and a pic of an older China.
This....this is....HNNNNNNNNNNG!
Kuruni

She's beautiful. Even if she still can't compare to Aila and Rinko in "certain quality" :mrgreen:, I still think she's beautiful.
My girlfriend was a loli.