The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk IV

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
YokozunaBulldozer

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk IV

Best half year of my life.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

I will admit it...I cried when they made that final promise and tried to high-five one last time.

This episode is a perfect example of why I loved Build Fighters. I can laugh and cry all the while having fun. Thank you GBF and goodbye!
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Kuruni

Good way to end the great series, and they leave enough possibility to made a sequel.

And I think this is the first time we have "structure"-type super weapon as "final boss" in Gundam, right?

BTW, I think China has growth-up look and is really beautiful at the end :D .

And darn...I think Baker actually love Mashita...
Last edited by Kuruni on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
My girlfriend was a loli.
DoubleZero

I can see why Mr. Ral could casually compare Luang to Char. This version of Ramba Ral is a freaking beast, that could stand side-by-side with Chinan and his Master Gundam.
"Rush hour, during the Dark hour..."
Proteus

DEM FEELS.

Everyone gets a happy ending even Mashita and Baker-chan, an ending befitting of a lighthearted series. Thoroughly enjoy every moments of it, even its low points were better then most Gundam episodes of the past several years. Easily top 3 best Gundam series ever. Cant believe its over so soon, feels like episode 1 was only yesterday. I guess time flies by faster when you are having fun.

The way it ends does gives Bandai/Sunrise an option to venture back into the series if they so desired, though with commitment towards Reconguista and Origin it'll be several years down the road. If Bandai/Sunrise decides to some back I think everyone would welcome it in open arms (and open wallet). I would not mind either way, if this is the only entry I would be perfectly happy as well.
Amion

This has to be the best ending to a Gundam show we ever got that ties the mood of the series up so perfectly. I almost got teary eyed when Sei and Reiji were high-fiving and Reiji vanishes. I was like "No! They left Aila out!" Hahahaha, she got the ending I was hoping for! I assume Reiji is getting married soon.

And I'm very pleased that Mashita and Baker are spreading the love of Gunpla in Arian. Even the villains get a happy ending!

Perfect! If there is ever a sequel, I won't complain. :D But this is a great ending if this is it.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Compass

See, we got through an entire Gundam series and NO ONE DIED. Not even the second Meijin!

I also see no reason to believe that Arista is very common in Arian, or even for Nils not to be building a road to Arian using modified Arista.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Wingnut

Xenosynth wrote: Also, I like how they snuck in more 00 S2. The unit Chinan has at the end, has Susanowo legs (Btw, both of those units are based on another Breaker contest, I am 95% sure. I think it was one of the that was done by a magazine staff or something though, but that Qubeley based one looks especially familiar, and same with the wrong head size Dom, if I find a link I'll provide it.
Nope! Those two units that Mao and Chinan have during the credits were build in real life by Sei and Reiji's VAs. Mao has Sei's, and Chinan Reiji's.
YokozunaBulldozer wrote:Best half year of my life.
I am really not looking forward to Mondays being a downer day again.
Kuruni wrote:And I think this is the first time we have "structure"-type super weapon as "final boss" in Gundam, right?
Depends on if you count the Devil Gundam colony in G or not.
BTW, I think China has growth-up look and is really beautiful at the end :D
She's also dressed more in Rinko's style with the sweater style top and skirt.
Spoiler
She also called Sei by his first name during that last fight with Yuuki, so who knows where their relationship is now?
Personally I was REALLY worried when I saw Reiji vanish and there was no sign of Aila being anywhere near him to hitch a ride or even talk to him. Thankfully, things did not end up badly there and it may not be soon, but she will be a princess of Arian eventually once Reiji mentally grows up.
Compass wrote:I also see no reason to believe that Arista is very common in Arian, or even for Nils not to be building a road to Arian using modified Arista.
So he's making a GBF version of the byfrost?

Ral speculated about colonies back in the beach episode and whadda ya know, Arian is a colony. Or at least looks like one.
Speaking of Ral, His custom Gouf, called R35 will finally make that one schmuck from long ago happy that it has a space version now.

Those white mooks also got their own profile. Customization and versatility seems to be their main draw I guess as the base model isn't much of a thing.

Almost forgot, ENGRISH makes a jarring appearance in one place you woulnd't think of it. Check the headings for the web page.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Blazer-X

Wingnut wrote:Almost forgot, ENGRISH makes a jarring appearance in one place you woulnd't think of it. Check the headings for the web page.
You know, ironically, this is TOTALLY a perfect place for ENGRISH, given how the rest of the article is in Japanese.
AmuroNT1

Wow, I didn't actually notice that about Arian until you pointed it out, Wingnut.

Also, notice that on the Gouf R35, the "heat saber" storage racks in the legs are in no way big enough to contain the blades they're sporting in use. Which means, that's right, it's using the Gouf's phantom "beam saber". :D
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
HellCat

I really hope there's a sequel. The ending really seemed to be trying to wrap things up while leaving a valid reason to continue.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Strike Zero

And the lesson here is: the power of meat buns will render such obstacles as dimensional barriers moot.

Everybody pretty much has said everything I could say. All in all, that was a great ending. Yes!

But, now it's over.

FACK.

WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE OVER?

I WANT MOOOOAAAAR, DAMMIT!
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Arbiter GUNDAM

If there is a sequel, it'll probably be in manga format. Sunrise is concentrating on Origin and Reconguista now, after all.

Plus the other sequels like Under The Moonlight, Gundam Fight 14 and *shudder* Frozen Teardrop are all mangas or LN.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Kuruni

Well, they can hold it for a while, then come back to revisit it. Just like Endless Waltz and GSD.

Of course, doing so risk chance of dispell the magic...(looking at 00 S2)
Chris
Administrator

Kuruni wrote:Well, they can hold it for a while, then come back to revisit it. Just like Endless Waltz and GSD.

That's kind of an odd example to choose when the gap between the airing of seasons 1 and 2 of 00 is only half the gap between SEED and GSD.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Arbiter GUNDAM

Kuruni wrote: Of course, doing so risk chance of dispell the magic...(looking at 00 S2)
I don't know what you're talking about, Kuruni. ;)

Also, everyone come on out to SoulBro's last Build Fighters stream. :)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Kuruni

Chris wrote:
Kuruni wrote:Well, they can hold it for a while, then come back to revisit it. Just like Endless Waltz and GSD.

That's kind of an odd example to choose when the gap between the airing of seasons 1 and 2 of 00 is only half the gap between SEED and GSD.
I used 00 S2 as example because I remember how 00 S1 got praised as "almost perfect" back then as well (at least that's my impression). The different is that we known back then that 00 S1 is just first half, and so the magic is somewhat lessen.

Taking time gap into account, GSD may be better example, but fans' reaction to SeeD was far from the level of GBF.
Chris
Administrator

Kuruni wrote:I used 00 S2 as example because I remember how 00 S1 got praised as "almost perfect" back then as well (at least that's my impression). The different is that we known back then that 00 S1 is just first half, and so the magic is somewhat lessen.

Taking time gap into account, GSD may be better example, but fans' reaction to SeeD was far from the level of GBF.
I don't want to take us too off topic, but that wasn't exactly the reception 00 S1 had in the West, at least. Plenty of fans gave it good praise, but many others complained that it was slow, boring, focused too much on politics and too different from other Gundam series. It was only when S2 started airing that in retrospect they declared S1 as being so good.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
daigundam lagaan

This show is not only one of my all time favorite Gundam shows, but it became one of my favorite shows period. This show was just so much fun and it actually gave me alot of feels. I hope they do an OVA kinda like Cyber Formula where
Spoiler
Just like Kaga and Hayato, the OVA will build them up to be bitter rivals while still being best friends. Perhaps work in a battle between Sei and Takeshi. I seriously hope they could at least animate that.
now on the finale itself:
Spoiler
Watching that final battle again, it gave me mega feels and made me feel like tearing up. I knew it was gonna end with Reiji disappearing, but like with the Escaflowne ending, I feel like that He and Aila can visit Earth anytime they want. It would have also been incredibly appropriate if Sei modified the Build MK.II instead and used it against team Loservillain(Jerid and Kakricon). I loved the ending for everyone too, even Mashita who I really wanted dead. Turns out he's just a person. Nils and Caroline had a cute ending as well. And I'm glad Sazaki got some screen time too!
What really makes this show for me is the fact that it isn't about Sei trying to train for the tournament for the first 20 episodes. Even though the Tournament itself was pretty much his visual training. Along with X and MSG, this is one of those special Gundam shows where I loved nearly every character! Even Sazaki, for as annoying as he was, was a joy to watch! He's your lovable D-bag. Also, I ended up liking Nils too, especially for that awesome thing he did in the end that completely justifies(to me) his Gary-stu like character.

Amazing watch, and I'm really sad it's over! Time to buy their toys!
Still waiting on seeing those tears of time.
FieryBlitz

You know, I just realized something. Reiji and Aila brought the Beginning Gundam back to Arian, and with Mashita and Baker selling PPSE Gunpla, you could say that this is the BEGINNING of Gunpla in Arian.

Somebody put this on TVTropes.