The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk IV

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
bullethead

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk IV

Man, it sucks to be Aila. Her boss/systems guy is a dick but at least cares a bit about your health, her sponsor is an a-hole who doesn't give a damn about you except for winning because he wants a trophy for his grandson, she beat the crap out of your boyfriend's friend's Gunpla, Zandatsu'd the Gunpla her boyfriend built along with her, and now her boyfriend is pissed and feeling betrayed. It's probably beyond whatever worst case scenario she imagined.
Raikoh

Yeah, this was back to the good stuff. As expected, Fellini put up a good fight, helped by his having a plan on dealing with those pesky invisible funnels. But, alas, with the mystery of the clear funnels solved, now there's another mysterious system on the Papillon...
Spoiler
I think it's entirely possible that the "Embody System" is like a Psycoframe, mostly since the name suggests that it would allow Aila to pilot the Papillon like it's her own body. But then the pain knocked her out and it started moving on its own, so NT-D is also plausible.

I was expecting Reiji finding out who "Aina" was to make him just say, "You're in the tournament, too? Sweet!" but I suppose Rule of Drama insists that the reveal not be that simple. At least they managed to keep it in-character for him, even if it is a misunderstanding at this point.
And Takeshi probably is going to get a stern talking to when his family comes home... They're sure to be happy to see him, but he's kinda turning their clean house into a pig sty.

One more thing: Baker hiding under the desk like a little kid.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Kuruni

What a mood whiplash...the first half is laugher fest, the second come straight from thriller genre.

Hell, I think I actually forgot for a moment that it's repairable model, the scene where Papilon stabs Fenice repeatly is both scary and heartbreaking. Surely, someone at TV Tropes will, if not already, add that scene to Nightmare Fuel page.

Love the scene where Kirara's face slowly change. It actually has greater impact than show the actual beating.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Evex

Raikoh wrote:
Spoiler
I think it's entirely possible that the "Embody System" is like a Psycoframe, mostly since the name suggests that it would allow Aila to pilot the Papillon like it's her own body. But then the pain knocked her out and it started moving on its own, so NT-D is also plausible.

I was expecting Reiji finding out who "Aina" was to make him just say, "You're in the tournament, too? Sweet!" but I suppose Rule of Drama insists that the reveal not be that simple. At least they managed to keep it in-character for him, even if it is a misunderstanding at this point.
I think the embodiment system is more similar to the Berserker System used by the Nobel Gundam. It's a system designed to push a pilots abilties to there limits, and appears them to go into a berserk like state. Granted Ailia's seems to be more controlled in some sense due to the battle system interface. Then again can we really call controlled continuing to attack your opponent after a match ? We can also assume the Embodiment system is what caused her headaches a few episodes ago. On a seperate note did any one get Gundam X divider vs Bertigo vibs from the battlefield ?

Edit:

I just realized the reference of the battlefield. It's most likely a reference to the 08th ms team episode where shiro and aina spend time on a mountain. Unfortunately heat saber created hot spring not included.
GNRoyalFlash24

The scene where Quebley was stabbing Fenice continuously reminded me of Blu Duel's death from Stargazer. Now it's up in my mind as part of the ms gore scenes.
Wingnut

Evex wrote:Edit:

I just realized the reference of the battlefield. It's most likely a reference to the 08th ms team episode where shiro and aina spend time on a mountain. Unfortunately heat saber created hot spring not included.
For this episode, perhaps, but note that it was also the field used when the Kampher Amazing debuted so we have seen this field before.
Kuruni wrote:What a mood whiplash...the first half is laugher fest, the second come straight from thriller genre.

Hell, I think I actually forgot for a moment that it's repairable model, the scene where Papilon stabs Fenice repeatly is both scary and heartbreaking. Surely, someone at TV Tropes will, if not already, add that scene to Nightmare Fuel page.

Love the scene where Kirara's face slowly change. It actually has greater impact than show the actual beating.
No kidding. Baker hiding under the table was just great and while the hypnosis worked, it only brought up memories of Sei watching the original Gundam. Mao really needs to apologize to Misaki and ask for a more proper date and get this mess over with. You screwed up kid, now go fix it instead of moping around and annoying everyone in the room (and Felini next door).

It also seems that the Papilion only has a handful of the clear funnels, but has at least 3 reloads worth of regular funnels crammed into that tail binder. That alone is impressive. As for the system, forced NT-D/Berserker system is definitely the feel though how they did that with just stickers is a bit odd.

The whole Ricardo/Mihoshi dynamic this episode really was a good feeling among all the gut-wrenching other things in the 2nd half from her silently wishing him luck as she sees him drive by while interviewing China, to the pulling a Catherine and stopping him from blowing up Fenice and the Qubeley.

Having Aila's helmet break just enough to allow Reiji (and anyone else right in front of her) to see her face, but keep the rest hidden from the general audience was a good move as it keeps the mystery to everyone else, but the mains know what's going on.

Next time: Back to the forest to win the heart of the Finnish maiden, and if we're lucky, that little kid will see the spirit of Gunpla Battle and get the Nemesis chairman to back the heck off and let Aila do as she likes so she can be won over by Reiji.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
monster

Raikoh wrote:Yeah, this was back to the good stuff. As expected, Fellini put up a good fight, helped by his having a plan on dealing with those pesky invisible funnels.
Actually, all he did was run away and then shoot at all of them. If Aila hadn't been so distracted, it seems to me like Ricardo would've gone down in mere moments.
Pi_Gundam

Seriously? All Aila's sponsor want is the trophy for his grandson? Talk about lame reasoning. Couldn't he at least want to take over PPSE for military usage or something?

Sei's dad...pathetic. Yet so me.

Our B-heros are getting kinda lame. Nils wants to hypnotize the boys. Talk about desperation from a boy with 3 PHDs and Mao is just pining for Misaki, tch. Unlike Fellini who started kind of lame and has only gotten cooler.

Looks like the Papillion was using clear funnels. But in the OP we can see they are purple? And why have clear and non clear types? The only reason you would do that is so you could use both and confuse your opponent which didnt happen.

OMG Fillini was going to pull a Heero and was stopped by Relena I mean Kirara so cool.

For those Embodys causing so much pain Aila sure stood around alot. Also, this is why we dont put science in hormonal children. They arent chemically stable and it leads to break downs and possible genocidal attempts (depending on what weapons you gave them, with them being lil plastic toys I think the world is safe)

ALSO. When the hell are we going to get some Bright-slapping? We are doing every other Gundam trope, where is the Bright-slapping! And no Misaki's doesnt count because it wasnt a "correcting hit"

Lets start a poll on who we think will get the Bright hit into them. Will it be Chairman Mashita? Team Finaland's sponser? Aila? Sei? Other?
AmuroNT1

I just loved how when Sei was quoting Amuro, the animators drew his face to resemble Yaz's style.

Also, I kind of assumed the snowy mountain battlefield was a reference to Kilimanjaro from Zeta, but that's just me. After all, it was the site of another female soldier's total freak-out.

Of course, now I wonder what's gonna happen when Sei and his mom get back home and find Dad crashing on the couch surrounded by ramen cups and dirty laundry...
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
pk-man
Location: receiving faxes in the washroom, on Deck 9 aboard White Base

Pi_Gundam wrote: ALSO. When the hell are we going to get some Bright-slapping? We are doing every other Gundam trope, where is the Bright-slapping! And no Misaki's doesnt count because it wasnt a "correcting hit"
didn't Sei get imaginary bright slapped when he was reciting the lines from MSG?

overall this was a good episode. Can't wait til next week.
AmuroNT1

Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Jestersage

Pi_Gundam wrote:Seriously? All Aila's sponsor want is the trophy for his grandson? Talk about lame reasoning. Couldn't he at least want to take over PPSE for military usage or something?
Well, they actually called him out.
Pi_Gundam wrote:Looks like the Papillion was using clear funnels. But in the OP we can see they are purple? And why have clear and non clear types? The only reason you would do that is so you could use both and confuse your opponent which didnt happen.
Actually The Papillion have two types; The clear funnel from the shoulder binders, and 30 funnels stored in the tail binder.
Pi_Gundam wrote:ALSO. When the hell are we going to get some Bright-slapping? We are doing every other Gundam trope, where is the Bright-slapping! And no Misaki's doesnt count because it wasnt a "correcting hit"
Sei's acting doesn't count? Well then I will say Reiji for being stupid. Who knows? The story may turn dark around in ep 25 when they call Reiji for ignoring his princely education.
Furious Rodimus

AmuroNT1 wrote:I just loved how when Sei was quoting Amuro, the animators drew his face to resemble Yaz's style.

Also, I kind of assumed the snowy mountain battlefield was a reference to Kilimanjaro from Zeta, but that's just me. After all, it was the site of another female soldier's total freak-out.

Of course, now I wonder what's gonna happen when Sei and his mom get back home and find Dad crashing on the couch surrounded by ramen cups and dirty laundry...
I totally thought it was Kilimanjaro as well. I had forgotten about the 08th MS Team connection someone pointed out earlier.
It's the stronger who create the weaker!

I am the (Color) (Object/Natural Element), Ace of (Organization) Fear Me!
angelwingzero

The highlight comedy moment for me was Sei's earliest memories being lines from the original Gundam.
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
iguanaman8989

The scene where she's stabbing at the Fenice brought Eva Unit 1's first battle to mind more than anything else, for me anyway. The stance and way she stabbed really reminded me of it.
HellCat

The BF production team would like to remind you that despite the horrifying violence seen this week, Aila is a harmless kitten

http://t.co/xTY174V23M

Literally.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Raikoh

monster wrote:
Raikoh wrote:Yeah, this was back to the good stuff. As expected, Fellini put up a good fight, helped by his having a plan on dealing with those pesky invisible funnels.
Actually, all he did was run away and then shoot at all of them. If Aila hadn't been so distracted, it seems to me like Ricardo would've gone down in mere moments.
Simple plans usually end up being effective. He brought the Meteor Hopper, which he mentioned (whether it was entirely true or not, he at least said so) was way faster than the funnels. Once he was at a comfortable distance from them, and kicked up snow so that he could see where they were and take them out with the rifle.

Though his idea on how to deal with regular funnels was smarter. First he ran into a forest, so that the funnels would have a hard time sneaking from his sides, essentially trapping all of them in the air (where they would be more visible and easier to pick off, as well as limiting the angles they could fire on him more). After that he ran into a canyon so they'd all be bottlenecked further, allowing him to take a few out with a single Buster Rifle shot while picking off the last remaining funnels.

I assume that he also figured the Papillon's size (in addition to being a customized Qubeley, which likely isn't the most versatile of units) would make it so that he could take it on in melee combat once the funnels were taken care of. He might've been right, even, if the Embody System hadn't been cranked up. In that way, if Aila weren't distracted, it's possible Fellini would've had a harder time dealing with the funnels - but if he cleared the funnels then he could've theoretically won the match since under normal circumstances I doubt they'd raise the Embody to dangerous levels.

Yeah, it's not Super Renato Bros level of planning, but at least he had ways to deal with the funnels unlike Aila's previous opponents who have just been rushing headfirst at her like idiots. I give him kudos for having some solid ideas on how to effectively combat the Papillon.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Destiny_Gundam

Kuruni wrote:Hell, I think I actually forgot for a moment that it's repairable model, the scene where Papilon stabs Fenice repeatly is both scary and heartbreaking. Surely, someone at TV Tropes will, if not already, add that scene to Nightmare Fuel page.
Yeah, I also totally forgot that his life wasn't in danger.
Pi_Gundam wrote:Seriously? All Aila's sponsor want is the trophy for his grandson? Talk about lame reasoning. Couldn't he at least want to take over PPSE for military usage or something?
Grandparents often dote on their grandchildren excessively in order to make up for a percieved failure to do the same for their actual kids.

Rinko's dream of a press conference came true, but it didn't turn out the way she had hoped :lol:
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Mythgarr

Poor Ayla, they really need to turn you into a Four, aren't they?

With the strategizing and skill showed by Fellini, I am hoping that there'll be second season of HGBF, a prequel with younger Fellini, younger Renato bros, and younger Greco duking it out when Gunplas are still not as widespread.
Visit The Dreams
Destiny_Gundam

Oh, and on the Fellini/Kirara front, I was apprehensive about it at first as I've mentioned, but after this I'm totally cool with it. An initial block was that I thought Kirara was a lot younger than she actually is. Some one as old as she is is usually way past the expiration date for being an idol. If she officially hooks up with Fellini her career is over.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."