The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk IV

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
SpideyWing

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk IV

Compass wrote: 2.88m joules = 1/2mv^2
v^2 = 64
v = 8m/s

So yeah, it shouldn't have been thrown against the wall :roll:

Also, this implies that Luang is on a surface with no friction too, i.e. in space. :lol:

There goes any hope of awesome Gundam Baseball :lol:
Um...your math is wrong on the dimensional analysis to convert km/hr to m/s; the math would go 840 km/hr * (1000/60) m/s. I put that into my computer's calculator to get 1.4 * 10^4 m/s. With this in mind, I shall continue the calculations with your figures for mass; I do not have a triple beam balance to accurately measure the mass of my 1/144 HG Star Build Strike.

So, the energy the SBS puts into the ball is given by KE = (1/2) * mv^2 = 0.5 * 100 * (1.4 * 10^4)^2 = 9.8 * 10^8 J.

Then, assuming all energy is transferred to Luang's suit, in the same way you described:

9.8 * 10^8 = 1/2 * mv^2; so, v = sqrt([2 * 9.8 *10^8]/m) (let's assume no negative velocity, though there is a negative part in the square root function)

So, v = 4666.7 m/s at the scale of the two kits in question; dividing by 144 to get it into reality (the 1/1 scale as opposed to the 1/144 scale) nets roughly 32 m/s.

However, I do not discount that my math may be wrong.
Signature to be determined later...look! A Puppy!
Compass

SpideyWing wrote:
Compass wrote: 2.88m joules = 1/2mv^2
v^2 = 64
v = 8m/s

So yeah, it shouldn't have been thrown against the wall :roll:

Also, this implies that Luang is on a surface with no friction too, i.e. in space. :lol:

There goes any hope of awesome Gundam Baseball :lol:
Um...your math is wrong on the dimensional analysis to convert km/hr to m/s; the math would go 840 km/hr * (1000/60) m/s. I put that into my computer's calculator to get 1.4 * 10^4 m/s
840km/hr * 1000m/km / 60min/hr = 1.4 * 10^4 m/min. Then divide that by 60s/min -> 240m/s <_<
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
SpideyWing

Compass wrote:840km/hr * 1000m/km / 60min/hr = 1.4 * 10^4 m/min. Then divide that by 60s/min -> 240m/s <_<
I would forget the simple math. *Redoes the calculations*

I got a velocity of 233.3 m/s, which is fairly close to what you had; with a final velocity of 245.96 m/s on the second run-through. However, when I did the whole "scale velocity" thing, I only got 1.7 m/s, which leaves me wondering if that is what I've come to call "Spidey math;" basically, BS math that feels right. >_>
Signature to be determined later...look! A Puppy!
Dark Duel

Saw the latest episode, thought I'd comment.

I have been so looking forward to seeing that arrogant little weeaboo Gary Stu punk get taken down a peg ever since he first turned up, and I was NOT disappointed. At. All.
Sei and Reiji not only...
Spoiler
beat the little bastard at his own game, they downright WHUPPED! HIS! BUTT! TWICE!!!!!
And while it lacked the Hot Blooded Epic Awesomeness of Build Strike v. Zaku Amazing or Star Build Strike v. Wing Fenice, or the tactical badassery of Kämpfer Amazing v. Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, it was still awesome.
Of course, the explanation of the move that destroyed the Tallgeese Valkyrie turns out to be simultaneously cliché and pretty mundane. But at least it's explained. And then foiled.
Anyway...
Spoiler
Round 1: They destroyed both his arms. Granted, the Build Strike's arms were both destroyed as well, BUT without either arm, the Weeaboo Astray can not use ANY of its weapons, which are all mounted on its arms anyway. Meanwhile, Sei and Reiji still have the Universe Booster, which they ejected early on and which presumably can still be operated independently like the Build Booster. Meaning that they could have activated the Universe Booster and opened fire on the arm-less Sengoku Astray, which would have been powerless to defend itself.
Sadly, the match was discontinued before this could happen, and both were allowed to repair their machines. But I'm still calling Round 1 a win for Sei and Reiji because they could still fight and their opponent could not.

Then, Round 2, which was much shorter, but no less awesome.
THEY NEGATED HIS ATTACK ENTIRELY. AND THEN THEY DODGED IT AND GUT-PUNCHED THE ASTRAY SO HARD IT FRIGGIN' EXPLODED!!! And I don't mean just fell apart the way the Tallgeese did, I mean it BLEW COMPLETELY THE FLIP UP!!!
All in all, pretty great.
Not even close to a top five match, I will still say. But still immensely gratifying nonetheless.
Ryusei Date and Domon Kasshu would be proud of those two(Sei and Reiji) right about now.

Next episode...exactly what I thought it would be, actually. Fellini goes down HARD against Aila, and Reiji finally learns who his girlfriend really is. I can't wait for that episode, or for the next one when Sei and Reiji finally face the Qubeley Papillon - their last opponent before the Finals, and their long-awaited rematch against Yuuki-sempai...excuse me, I mean Meijin Kawaguchi :D
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Pi_Gundam

Kuruni wrote:I spot Moomin...what the heck it doing in Gundam?
yes!I saw it and was wondering what it was doing here!

You would think people would learn not to fire heavy beam weapons at Gary since the qualifiers in America when he cut through the Tallgeese's beam. Switch to some machine guns or better yet a gatling gun

But the crazy glue was a great call back to the girls gunpla episode and using weird materials.

Also.Look! The east is burning red! Let us convey our feelings through our fists! Seriously why couldn't they be telling sekiha tenkyoten?
Last edited by Pi_Gundam on Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
AmuroNT1

Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Kuruni

Dark Duel wrote:Next episode...exactly what I thought it would be, actually. Fellini goes down HARD against Aila, and Reiji finally learns who his girlfriend really is.
As noted, I still wish that Felini can pull one final awesomeness by hold out just long enough for the duo to get a hint at Papilon's trick.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Zeonista

After watching the episode tonight, I must say that I liked it, even if the level of awesome was not as strongly represented as the past few. But then, it seemed fitting that there was a lower level of excitement for a battle against Nils, but just as good a result. The anime did not waste a Nils-centric episode, and gave us his motivation, his goals, and his reluctant but genuine satisfaction at having played a Build Fighter tournament fight that he actually enjoyed (for once). The offer Nils made to Sei & Reiji was unexpected, and the boys of course did not want to play along. However, I do believe he was serious, and that if they wanted to play along he would have honored his end of the deal. Still, the Spirit of Gunpla (TM) would not be denied. :) The final punch-out round was mighty, and had "Flying in the Sky" playing in my head again. Having Ms. Baker's schemes set at naught again was...appropriate. :) The return of Caro-chan was unexpected, and fun twice over from watching Nils go off his game there. I wish him all the best! :D
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Dark Duel

Oh by the way, Sumeragi Lee Noriega does NOT look good as a blonde. Just saying.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Ryujin

Kuruni wrote:I spot Moomin...what the heck it doing in Gundam?
It's technically "Yajimon," Yajima's corporate mascot...which may have been based on Caro's horse. Knight Gundam's helmet was a nice touch.

IRL though, Japan's always loved the Moomins.
Wingnut

Dark Duel wrote:Oh by the way, Sumeragi Lee Noriega does NOT look good as a blonde. Just saying.
Agreed, it's delicious chocolate locks that we love, not vanilla. Also on another look, it looks more like a rule 63 version of Billy sitting next to her then a lacking in glasses Kati.

Yeah, my mind does strange things at times.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Compass

Can you guys give me time codes or somethings for these Moomins/Blond Sumeragis? I seem to miss ALL the inside jokes :(
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Raikoh

There was another guy who also found someone who looks suspiciously like Sanders in that bar scene.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Arbiter GUNDAM

That's Daryl Dodge from the Overflags, sitting with HOWARD MASON!!! and presumably Graham Aker.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Kuruni

Compass wrote:Can you guys give me time codes or somethings for these Moomins/Blond Sumeragis? I seem to miss ALL the inside jokes :(
A guy on other BBS make this.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Zeonista

Dark Duel wrote:Oh by the way, Sumeragi Lee Noriega does NOT look good as a blonde. Just saying.
You're right, they should have made her a redhead. :D
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Pi_Gundam

Kuruni wrote:
Compass wrote:Can you guys give me time codes or somethings for these Moomins/Blond Sumeragis? I seem to miss ALL the inside jokes :(
A guy on other BBS make this.
Oh god, I knew there had been black Tieria jokes before and I never got them. Now I do!
Also yes, Sumeragi is not a good blonde.
MarshalBraginsky

A redheaded Roux Louka? Now that's a beauty.
Laevatein

Gundam Build Fighters OST Track names and soundtrack preview

Not all of the tracks have previews, but the ones we have sound sweet. Especially Disc 1, track 12, entitled The Crimson Comet ~ The Usual Flamenco at Three Times the Passion~.

[FLAMENCO INTENSIFIES]
AmuroNT1

And then there's Disc 2 Track 11: Meijin ~ The Usual Flamenco at Six Times the Passion~...
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power