The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk IV

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Raikoh

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk IV

Wingnut wrote:
balofo wrote:BD 2 confirms it's only 25 eps and will end on 3/31
Had a feeling this would be only going for 2 cours. Those wanting to Arian, myself at least halfway included, will be dissapointed.
While I definitely think more Build Fighters is always great, I wasn't expecting more than one season.

It seems like it's being really profitable and popular on both sides of the ocean. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for more spinoffs.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
monster

I think 25 episodes might be a good thing. The more episodes, the bigger the chance of ruining the show, doubly so for a spinoff.
Silver_August

I wasn't around for the 00 Era but was Season 2 announced immedately after or even before the series ended? Or was there a period where no one knew until the reveal dropped?

Because While I'm sure Build Fighters will end on a solid note I'm still going to hold hope that we'll get a season 2 just because it seems easy enough to produce.

As well, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure has taught me that seasons don't get announced right away - even if it was popular and considered a success (looking at you Attack on Titan..! Though with that I chalk it up to not enough material for a 2nd season yet but.. se la vi)

As for the 1/144th Zeon Soliders.

They were unpainted and looked like they didn't have much if any possibility, because well.. they had no joints to begin with, I even joked with my sis it shows what happens if you put a figure in the machine the only issue is they can't move beyond simple actions and operating jet packs lol
Destiny_Gundam

Silver_August wrote:I wasn't around for the 00 Era but was Season 2 announced immedately after or even before the series ended? Or was there a period where no one knew until the reveal dropped?
We knew from the start it was going to be split into two.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Silver_August

Ah, then we are looking at a typical situation where we won't knoiw - unless of course Build Fighters end on a note that clear says this is the end of the series, but with 7 episodes left, room seems tight, alas.
Amion

As I see it, ending on twenty five episodes with the conclusion of the tournament is for the best. Who knows if they'll do a sequel, but as-is I think we can expect a great ending without fear of another twenty five episodes growing stale. Now I can rest easy and just enjoy what we have.

Plus as we all know, time to formulate a second season will give the writers a chance to create a superior product.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Silver_August

My hopefulness for a follow up relies solely on how Build Fighters ends, if it ends on any kinda cliffhanger, it'll happen (even if its a year from now) otherwise we end with what we got in which case will be a good thing, if thats the intended end for the story.

I guess my only personal issue is the idea that all we got is the tournament, in the grand scheme of things its making me feel like this world hasn't been fleshed out..enough but on the other hand its been fleshed out plenty - eh... I think its just a case of I really don't want to leave this world so soon just because even at episode 18 it feels like we're only on the tip of the iceberg for things they can do.

Damn it, the series is so harmless yet so fantastic lol
monster

A suitable cliffhanger would probably involve showing a bit of Reiji's world, or some other people from it, assuming that's not explored in this series. Other than that, ending it with the tournament, and no cliffhanger, would probably the best for this series.

Actually, aside from the gunpla fighters, Sei's world doesn't seem to be all that extraordinary. So I think Reiji's world needs to be explored more between the two.
Pi_Gundam

Hello all, I'm a long time user of this site and decided if was time to make a profile.
I love GBF as I am a huge nostalgia junkie. Please treat me well m

My favorite series is 0080 as they were able to tell such a emotional story in only 6 episodes. So I love seeing the Kampfer as a main player.
concerning episode 18. When Gundam came to America I was desperate for anything Gundam and found the manga Blue Destiny,I didn't really know what the One Year War was but I liked the Manga. So seeing the EXAM system being used made me fangasm.
Kuruni

Thing is, currently we're at EP 18. There four more combattant to be remove (Nils, Felini, Aila and Kawaguchi). If they really just want to end it with "just" tourney, then the remaining three episodes are either filler...or they will just go pull "sport anime" trick and drag the last match to 4 episodes long.

So I bet we will get one final arc seperate from tourney, to deal with Mashita.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Pi_Gundam wrote:Hello all, I'm a long time user of this site and decided if was time to make a profile.
I love GBF as I am a huge nostalgia junkie. Please treat me well m

My favorite series is 0080 as they were able to tell such a emotional story in only 6 episodes. So I love seeing the Kampfer as a main player.
concerning episode 18. When Gundam came to America I was desperate for anything Gundam and found the manga Blue Destiny,I didn't really know what the One Year War was but I liked the Manga. So seeing the EXAM system being used made me fangasm.
Welcome to the party!

As for how the remaining episodes will play out, here are my theories.

19: The fight with Nils
20: Prelude to fight with Aila
21: Aila's past and maybe some of the fight
22: Aila's conclusion
23: The fight with Kawaguchi
24 & 25: Chairman antics, the reveal of Arian, secrets of Plavsky, things come full circle

OR...

22: the fight with Aila
23: fight concludes and then prelude to Kawaguchi
24: The fight concludes, Sei and Reiji are the champions
25: Secrets revealed, Conclusion

OR...

22: The fight with Aila
23: The championship with Kawaguchi begins but there are Baker machinations.
24: In true G Gundam style, other fighters like Luang,Aila, Fellini and Mao are hacked into the battle by Mr. Ral and form a Gundam Team to combat the Miss Sazabi and Exia Dark Matter and the other shadow Gunpla.
25: In the aftermath, SBS and Kampfer A have their true duel. SBS wins, et cetera, twist ending: Reiji invites Sei, China and Aila to come see Arian and we get a glimpse... but just a glimpse. ;)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Zeonista

Pi_Gundam wrote:Hello all, I'm a long time user of this site and decided if was time to make a profile.
I love GBF as I am a huge nostalgia junkie. Please treat me well
They don't come much more nostalgic than old Uncle Zeo here, so I appreciate the company! :D
Ah so you love gut-wrenching drama, unabashed sentimentalism, and the hottest performing Zeon MS before the appearance of the Sinanju? Excellent, you will go far in this forum. 8)
So seeing the EXAM system being used made me fangasm.
Inducing fangasms is pretty much the entire purpose of the GBF anime. It has been remarkably successful! :lol:

Destiny_Gundam: I pretty much expected that setup too, 25 + 25 later on. Then when we are all in a froth of Gundam Spirit, Sunrise will bring out MS Gundam the Origin.

Kurumi: Epic battles are epic in scale, yes. And it's not like TV anime have ever padded stories in order to hit a convenient stopping point, right? ;)
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
latenlazy

Nils is a Gunpla Tsundere -____-;
HellCat

Please tell me the Virtue pilot was the UK entry. Aside from a welcome return of a joke I never thought we'd see again, it'd be hilarious to me if that was our guy.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Xenosynth

Sadly not. He was against the Greek entry in the first round, so that isn't John Mackenzie, the British one. The british guy did win against the Polish one, so maybe we'll see him vs Kawaguchi before the end. But yeah.

Again, fun episode. Really liked the bare handed brawl. And I think Nils was pretty entertaining, especially his reactions to Caroline. It was pretty hilarious all around.

Edit: Also, lots of 00 cameos in the restaurant.
Blonde Sumeragi, Glasses-less Kati, and then the Overflags in the back possibly? ((Daryl, Howard, and Joshua, going off the hair/glasses etc.))
YokozunaBulldozer

BEST STREET FIGHTER EPISODE EVER.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
BrentD15

HellCat wrote:Please tell me the Virtue pilot was the UK entry. Aside from a welcome return of a joke I never thought we'd see again, it'd be hilarious to me if that was our guy.
You mean....
Spoiler
Black Tieria? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Destiny_Gundam

Hm, it was a bit of an anti-climax. For all the build up Nils recieved, their battle was pretty simple and a bit too concise. It was still far from bad, of course.

Still funny to see Nils can't handle Caroline despite how amazing he is at everything else. China cheering Sei on was adorable. Baker's reaction was also priceless :lol:

I spotted Kati, Sumeragi, Howard, Daryl, and I'm assuming Graham in the restaurant with Fellini and Kirara.
Blazer-X

Would have preferred some sort of Sword Duel before the whole "Knuckle vs Palm" fight. Sei and Reiji hasn't had an interesting fight since Fellini, since the last two has pretty much been landslide victories. Granted, it is very hard to continue making the dynamic duo look like they're actually struggling when all they've done so far is win every almost every match since the show begin.

That said, I felt that both Mao and Nils were hyped up from the beginning (due to their long-lasting presence in the show) to be excellent opponents and neither battle felt particularly satisfying considering how they both end with "RG System! Your secret move is invalid!" I can only hope that fighting Aila shakes things up a bit (maybe even getting to knuckle-head Reiji at an emotional level). Otherwise, we'd soon be a looking at a subpar rematch with Yuuki that no one would expect given how fantastic the last one was.
Destiny_Gundam

Well, this time they won thanks to the power of the Kragle!