Gundam 35th Anniversary Topic

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Deacon Blues

Gundam 35th Anniversary Topic

*puts on Gundam sleuthing hat*

According to MyNavi news, AnimeJapan 2014 has a presentation lined up on March 22nd at 15:00 entitled "Mobile Suit Gundam Series Presentation". In short, a presentation on the latest Gundam series information is scheduled. Speaking at the event are Shuuichi Ikeda (known for his roles as Char Aznable and Full Frontal), Mikako Komatsu (known for her role as Iori Sei in Gundam Buld Fighters currently airing on TV Tokyo), Sachi Kokuryu (known as Reiji in the same series), and Kouki Uchiyama (known for his role as Banagher Links in Gundam Unicorn).

Although the details of the announcement are not available, 2014-1015 marks the 35th anniversary of Gundam as well as its plamodel known as Gunpla. During the Gundam Build Fighters presentation last July, an animated version of Gundam the Origin and Yoshiyuki Tomino's new work was announced, so the possibility of it being either of these is considerably high.
Last edited by Deacon Blues on Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HellCat

Re: AnimeJapan 2014 - Mobile Suit Gundam Presentation

ANN had a recent article where Tomino mentions being involved in an America/Japan co-production and that as it uses a license he can't say much more yet. Makes me wonder if it's G-Reko and/or this is a sign of going deeper with the idea of involving America directly in production of a Gundam work.

My complete wild card guess is something SEED but I'll be amazed if it's not either Reko or Origin.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
monster

If it's a show on the latest Gundam series, that would be Build Fighters, wouldn't it?
battletech

I'm hoping it's going to include something about Origin. At lest to know if it's a going to be a TV series or OVA or movies. Another thing is info on showing more series on Daisuki.
"The souls of Man are weighed down by gravity." - Char Aznable
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.-Clarke
YokozunaBulldozer

HellCat wrote:ANN had a recent article where Tomino mentions being involved in an America/Japan co-production and that as it uses a license he can't say much more yet. Makes me wonder if it's G-Reko and/or this is a sign of going deeper with the idea of involving America directly in production of a Gundam work.

My complete wild card guess is something SEED but I'll be amazed if it's not either Reko or Origin.
Just hoping it is not a certain Savior.....
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Arbiter GUNDAM

Guys. Seriously. That ANN article didn't mention anything about Sunrise. You know, the people who OWN Gundam? No Sunrise, no Gundam. Don't get your hopes up. ;)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
HellCat

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Guys. Seriously. That ANN article didn't mention anything about Sunrise. You know, the people who OWN Gundam? No Sunrise, no Gundam. Don't get your hopes up. ;)
Kyuzo Aoi

Did reports state that G-Reko, also known tentatively as G no Reconquista, was stated to be in Spring 2014? It maybe in October 2014? I'm sure it has to do with Tomino's project.

Gundam the Origin is a good possibility as well as a completely new Gundam series.
I am a Gundam!
balofo

g-reco.net has been recently registered
HellCat

balofo wrote:g-reco.net has been recently registered
See? You don't see any 'HC Is A Dope' shirts!

"We sold out of those in 5 minutes"

D'oh!
darkhunger

balofo wrote:g-reco.net has been recently registered
So has.... gundam-san.net

Next Gundam series to be based on a 4koma?
Mythgarr

I am hoping it'd be Origin, that starts after HGBF is done and Unicorn is finished.
Visit The Dreams
balofo

Origin confirmed to be announced in 3/22 since the next Gundam Ace will be about the 35th anniversary!

http://i.imgur.com/e2TOyoj.jpg
Deacon Blues

There is nothing in that image that talks about the 35th anniversary.

Ack nevermind. I saw it on another site. Your link cuts it off lol
darkhunger

balofo wrote:Origin confirmed to be announced in 3/22 since the next Gundam Ace will be about the 35th anniversary!

http://i.imgur.com/e2TOyoj.jpg
The image just says there will be news on the Origin anime adaptation... Nothing about anything being announced.

Besides, I don't see why they need to announce the Origin anime again when it's been announced already, ages ago. IMO they are probably not talking about Origin when they said a new Gundam anime is to be announced in that event. If it truly is to be about Origin then they could have done the exact same thing as this magazine blurb and outright say that the event would be Gundam the Origin related.
Kratos

There's still a possibility that Banrise will at least TALK about THE ORIGIN anime adaptation. That image does talk about it being part of the 35th anniversary, so while the event may not be ORIGIN-centric, surely it's at least probable that we'll get a few more details on the project.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
darkhunger

Kratos wrote:There's still a possibility that Banrise will at least TALK about THE ORIGIN anime adaptation. That image does talk about it being part of the 35th anniversary, so while the event may not be ORIGIN-centric, surely it's at least probable that we'll get a few more details on the project.
The thing is, it doesn't... The image says there will be 35th anniversary news next issue, that there will be a new Origin manga (?) from Yas (Amuro-0082) and that there will be an update on the ongoing Origin anime project... To me its just a bullet list of features for the next issue, not that they are necessarily related items.

Nonetheless, that Gundam Ace magazine comes out three days after the Tokyo event, so at least we know for sure there'll be news on Origin around that time.
Kratos

I dunno. The fact that all of that information (even the 35th anniversary bit) is grouped together over a massive piece of artwork from THE ORIGIN screams "related" in my eyes.

But either way, looks like I may have to pick up the next issue of Gundam Ace!
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"