Miscellaneous questions

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
doghunter1

Re: Miscellaneous questions

Zeonista wrote:
Renpou: gunsei shiki jidou shoujuu (Feddy battle rifle, looks like scoped M-14/Mini-14)
So those are the EF rifles seen in 0079, thanks.
Zeonista

If we go by the info presented in 'Uniforms & Equipment of the UC,' then the Feddies had the Calt M72A1 bullpup, along with a couple of other rifles of more conventional layout (and less detailed lineart) which lack any official designation.
Starting with War in the Pocket, which the MS Era book was designed to accompany, the M72A1 became the EFF battle rifle of choice for illustrators. It showed up in 08th Platoon & Stardust Memory. The M-14 style battle rifle disappears from view after MS Gundam, with the M72A1 and submachine guns taking its place. I am trying to find a picture of the EFSF SMG used in MS Gundam and Zeta Gundam, but I lost my original source.
The Zeeks, on the other hand, had the Taiga 70-R (which resembled an overgrown MP-40) and another, undesignated, rifle which looks like a more detailed lovechild of a 70-R & a Stg-44. I find it odd how the rifle with the more recent, detailed lineart lacks any official designation.
The Taiga shows up again in Stardust Memory, where it is specifically carried by Cima's boarding party. it comes across as a robust MP-40 re-designed for space use. The Zeon assault rifle from the first series has been replaced in later works by two weapons. One (featured in Stardust Memory) looks like a reworked HK assault rifle. The other (featured in 08th Platoon) looks like a German-engineered AKM rifle crossed with the older MS Gundam rifle.
There's also plate #22 in the MS ERA book, where a Zeek & a Feddie are sharing a smoke. While the Feddie has an M72, the Zeek has what looks like an AK with a Colt Commando-style collapsible stock.
I have no idea if that Zeon weapon even has a name. Its sole appearance seems to be that illustration! Zeon soldiers inthe anime & most manga/game pics use the banana-clip assault rifle or the HK clone rifle when they are shown with rifles. The Taiga or its cousins seem to be the most numerous as the ZMF personal weapon of choice though.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
mcred23

Some helpful scans and stuff from an older thread, which includes links to another old thread on the subject, but for the hell of it/convenience, I'll repost some of them here...

First page of guns.
Second page of guns.
Zeon guns 1.
Zeon guns 2.
Zeon's MG-74
Zeon's MP-71 SMG.
EFF M71A1 rifle & M-299 LMG.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Zeonista

mcred23 wrote: First page of guns.
Middle of the page, SMG section. The top SMG is an obvious MP5 tribute weapon not seen in the original series. the second one down is the "Space MP-40 Kai" seen in the OVA series. on an amusing note, the bazooka Char uses at A Baoa Qu is a man-scale Dom bazooka! :D
Feddy rifle section, the rifle under the M72A1 is the battle rifle from original MSG. It does look more like a MIni-14 than a M-14 in perspective. :)
Zeon rifle section. The top 2 weapons are SMGs; the left-side weapon is the Taiga SMG mentioned before. Middle-row weapons: left is the ubiquitous OAV "German AK" assault rifle, right "raifuru" is the HK clone from Stardust Memory. Bottom row: left is the original MSG Zeon AR, space-use version. Right is the sniper rifle with the Zaku-like scope. :) Bottom row pistols: left is the Naban Space Luger mentioned above. Right is that oft-seen pistol I didn't have a name for in my books. it is "Walther PB" (Waaruta PB), which makes it a "Space Walther P38" I guess. :)
Ah, that's the page of handguns I mentioned in my post above! :) The names all match up.
And there's the page of rifles, SMGs, and such I mentioned in my earlier post! :)
Gee, wonder which gun was used as the basis for this one? :D
Ha, they even try to call it a 'Schmeisser"! :D The MP-71 looks like a re-done Taiga MP-70.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
teslashark

The Mini 14 is said to have a very low to zero recoil force.
Just how many MP40 derivatives does Zeon have? Taiga 70, MP71 (which also had featurs of a HK), unnamed MP, etc...
To the question about Kiki: more likely fake, I have read the ending before.
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
doghunter1

teslashark wrote:
Wait, you're read the 08th MS Team novels before?
teslashark

doghunter1 wrote:
teslashark wrote:
Wait, you're read the 08th MS Team novels before?
They were released online in China a few years ago.
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
doghunter1

teslashark wrote:
They were released online in China a few years ago.
Wait, they were, and how do you know this?