The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
yazi88

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk III

Wasn't there also a chick from Turn A alongside Ikeda the reporter from 00? I think she was a reporter too.
Kuruni

I laugh from start, that MS dancing is...impressive.

Now it's clear that Reiji's "flags set up" phase is over, now he's on Aila route. :D

So...he's just a passingby gunpla fan? Now I think whatever going on is most likely his fault... 8)

Golden Rolls-Royce...since Tetsuka Ozamu's time. Has a rich douchebag character ride it, and the audience wil curse at him. The magic still work.

And Sasaki's cameo at the end make my smile burst into laugher. :mrgreen:
My girlfriend was a loli.
FieryBlitz

Oh my god! Takeshi's a Gunpla Cop! BEST. FATHER. EVER.
battletech

That Gunpla cop thing was this episodes OMG moment for me. Gunpla Cop. Intact or destroyed model you're coming with me.
"The souls of Man are weighed down by gravity." - Char Aznable
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.-Clarke
AmuroNT1

Kuruni wrote:Golden Rolls-Royce...since Tetsuka Ozamu's time. Has a rich douchebag character ride it, and the audience wil curse at him. The magic still work.
Actually, the Chairman's gold limo originally belonged to Dorothy Catalonia.

http://aboutgundamwing.com/SC/SC29/vlcsnap-142160.jpg

A few more references:

-Takeshi's speech to "C" is Cutey Honey's trademark intro speech.
-The house where Takeshi lives in Sei's dream is Tem Rey's apartment on Side 6; you can even see the infamous Tem Ray Circuit on his desk.
-Rinko can be heard humming "Invoke" while digging through the pantry - another actor reference for Kotono-san!
-The mall has a curry shop named Maharajah, after Haman's father.

Oh, and tell me Takeshi freaking out over missing his hot waifu wasn't adorable. I dare you.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Strike Zero

There's also Rinko's little imagine spot where she's being interviewed by Kinue Crossroad from 00 and Fran Doll from Turn A, as was already mentioned. The episodes are just getting more and more overloaded with references.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Wingnut

AmuroNT1 wrote:Oh, and tell me Takeshi freaking out over missing his hot waifu wasn't adorable. I dare you.
"RIN-CHAN!" :lol:

Dem dancing MS.

First the meatbun, now ice cream. Fan art already on pixiv.

A very good question, Reiji.

G Generation/SRW cut-ins. Still shot

And she did grab his hand first.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Outlaw

Reiji finally learns the pride and passion of a creator.
Aila's love of Japanese food and desire to stay in the country kind of hints to me of her possible "happy ending". Now if only there was someone who could take her in; a kind, gentle, and understanding person. Some kind of pseudo sister, preferably one that works in and around food. hmmm...
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:is wide-eyed insanity inherent in the Iori family? :D
Thinking the same thing. In general Takeshi was a kick.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Compass

How is it that each episode gets better and better :shock:

Also, I love the orange juice pouring that Sei does bowing to Ral. It's so adorkable. This entire episode I don't even hnnngh @_@
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Kratos

Between this thread and the adoration this series gets regularly across the internet, I feel like I may have to actually start watching. I kind of assumed it'd be a bit of a fun but forgettable footnote in the Gundam juggernaut, but it sounds like it's also deeply enjoyable and full of the best kind of fanservice (winks and nods to longtime fans).

So! Anybody here know where one could watch this legally, if one didn't live in North America? I've seen episodes on YouTube, but Bandai Channel has the tendency of region locking them.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
Compass

This series has steadily moved up my list of favorite series, and unlike many of them, doesn't waste tropes at the expense of the audience. This series basically demonstrates that, hey, you don't have to kill off a main or supporting character to cause the audience to give a care, and you definitely don't have to aim at adult themes like world economy or peace to actually make it enjoyable.

Also, gunplorn? Gunprawn?

Edit - looks the soundtrack is dropping 12 March! YAY!

Edit 2 - What exactly was C trying to accomplish? :lol: *can't let my contract expire, must knock out Reiji's gunpla... even if it's at a hobby store and the end result would be a broken gunpla and no loss in rankings*
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Destiny_Gundam

Outlaw wrote:Reiji finally learns the pride and passion of a creator.
Aila's love of Japanese food and desire to stay in the country kind of hints to me of her possible "happy ending". Now if only there was someone who could take her in; a kind, gentle, and understanding person. Some kind of pseudo sister, preferably one that works in and around food. hmmm...
I dunno, I think becoming the queen of an entire country would be an even better ending for her.
Kratos wrote:Between this thread and the adoration this series gets regularly across the internet, I feel like I may have to actually start watching. I kind of assumed it'd be a bit of a fun but forgettable footnote in the Gundam juggernaut, but it sounds like it's also deeply enjoyable and full of the best kind of fanservice (winks and nods to longtime fans).

So! Anybody here know where one could watch this legally, if one didn't live in North America? I've seen episodes on YouTube, but Bandai Channel has the tendency of region locking them.
Other than blatant fanboy pandering, I think the show is so well recieved because it's a much needed change of pace from the typical Gundam war drama.

And you can only watch it on Youtube. I dunno if it'll be locked for you, but there's one way to find out.
Compass wrote:Edit 2 - What exactly was C trying to accomplish? :lol: *can't let my contract expire, must knock out Reiji's gunpla... even if it's at a hobby store and the end result would be a broken gunpla and no loss in rankings*
Hitmen are all about reputation. Sure, he fulfilled his contract by making them lose the race, but he still technically lost that fight to Reiji. He just wanted to regain his honour.

So this episode proves that Takeshi has a very good reason for not being around. Now we can stop speculating about that.

It also proves Gunpla Builders is an anime in the BF unverse, rather than being a prequel like some suggested.

Man, this episode was just full of ship. I didn't expect Aila to be involved with Reiji meeting with Takeshi. What fun. Needs more Reiji and Aila being back to back badasses.

Damn you, Cziommer. You just ruined Kirara's career as an idol.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
latenlazy

Kratos wrote:Between this thread and the adoration this series gets regularly across the internet, I feel like I may have to actually start watching. I kind of assumed it'd be a bit of a fun but forgettable footnote in the Gundam juggernaut, but it sounds like it's also deeply enjoyable and full of the best kind of fanservice (winks and nods to longtime fans).

Well...not ALL the fan service is the best kind. I cringed a little when Aila was handling the ice cream. It looked too much like a deliberate use of freudian imagery, and generally I do not like the encouragement that gives to certain segments of the online fan base...
Dark Duel

Aila is still absolutely adorable in her facial expressions. Also, Reiji/Aila team-up? TOTAL EPIC WIN.
Takeshi Iori is...I don't know, I bust a gut laughing every few minutes watching that guy. And then he LOLpwns that C dude, and said dude faceplants into a urinal. That was...amusing.
But the funniest part of the entire episode had to be the post-credits scene when Takeshi is all freaking out because the store is closed and RIN-CHAAAAAN IS NOT HEEEEERE!!!
And Gyandere the loser rival just randomly strolls by.

Awesome stuff, overall. LOVED this episode.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Strike Zero

latenlazy wrote:Well...not ALL the fan service is the best kind. I cringed a little when Aila was handling the ice cream. It looked too much like a deliberate use of freudian imagery, and generally I do not like the encouragement that gives to certain segments of the online fan base...
Frankly, I feel that they're not being encouraged enough.

Mmm, that's it Aila, eat that ice cream, yeah, all over your face, mmhmm.... 8)
latenlazy

Strike Zero wrote:
latenlazy wrote:Well...not ALL the fan service is the best kind. I cringed a little when Aila was handling the ice cream. It looked too much like a deliberate use of freudian imagery, and generally I do not like the encouragement that gives to certain segments of the online fan base...
Frankly, I feel that they're not being encouraged enough.

Mmm, that's it Aila, eat that ice cream, yeah, all over your face, mmhmm.... 8)
I now understand better what kind of sick mind would want Frozen Teardrop animated :|
Strike Zero

HAH! You have only but begun to understand.
GX9900-Gundam-X

You know I remember back when all the Takeshi discussion started (I think I may have been one of the first to bring it up) I remember that what I wanted to know was what they planed to do and how he was going to be in the series I am not disappointing I am happy he helped train his little "Sei" moment (Like father like son) as well as his job covered more and his visit to "Rin-chan" I'd say he skipped visiting Sei cause the boy has to focus on the tournament.
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
Zeonista

Strike Zero wrote:HAH! You have only but begun to understand.
Beware, for as you gaze into the fan service abyss, it also gazes into you. Gaze not too long, lest you become the main hero for No-Rin or Sora no Otoshimono. :P The scene did remind me of an old party game from my more active Rennie days, involving gullible but willing girls and a soft-serve ice cream machine. :wink:

I was going to list everything I found awesome about the episode, but it turned out that meant recapping it. It was meant to be a fun episode & a comic breather before plunging back into the serious finals section. The meatbun shipping was especially mighty, especially when aided & abetted through the miracle of Gunpla building by Gundam Jesus! Reiji's gifted first plamo was hilarious in his origin, and sparkly in its completion, and its reception with the others.
Spoiler
"Holy catgirls, Sei's dad is Gundam Jesus!" - said by me while watching episode, to vast ROFL moment of my friend.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
kayone73

Mythgarr wrote: Now let's think: Fellini's Fenice must be based on the HG Wing recently released. That makes this show waaay in the future. That means in the universe, HGCE Aile Strike has be released for years, and there has been new HGs coming out from other universes. That's why we have been seeing the likes of gunplas from G, X, W, and V duke it out here, and one can safely assume they are proper 1/144 HGs and not the old 1/144 ones.
I read somewhere that GBF is supposed to take place somewhere around 2030-2035 so definitely in our near future.
Yeah basically. This show is unashamed fanservice and blatant toy commercial done right. The jokes include gundam and gunpla fans of all eras so nobody feels left out.
Last edited by kayone73 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.