The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
kayone73

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk III

angelwingzero wrote:The two cameos I caught in this episode were the reporter guy from 00 in Rinko's dream, and Fa in the background (I think). Then there was also Sei's dream taking place at Tem Rey's house and Rinko humming the 1st opening to SEED.
1. 00 reporter guy
2. blond haired Fran Doll (also a reporter) from Turn A
3. black haired Kinoue Crossroad next to blond haired Frandoll.

This was definitely the reporters cameo scene.
AmuroNT1

The assumed date for Build Fighters is based off of things like the assumption that the first Meijin Kawaguchi is the real-world Katsumi Kawaguchi.

Either way, I'm willing to bet Fellini's Wing was the HGAC rather than the 1/144 released during the show's run.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Outlaw

Destiny_Gundam wrote:I dunno, I think becoming the queen of an entire country would be an even better ending for her.
Possibly, but at this point I'm not so sure Reiji will ever go home to magical sparkle time and space land. Unless of course he's been going back and forth off camera.

AmuroNT1 wrote:Either way, I'm willing to bet Fellini's Wing was the HGAC rather than the 1/144 released during the show's run.
Seeing as it's not a floppy, falling all over itself, piece of junk I'd be inclined to agree.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Destiny_Gundam

Outlaw wrote:Possibly, but at this point I'm not so sure Reiji will ever go home to magical sparkle time and space land. Unless of course he's been going back and forth off camera.
Sei mentions Reiji often disappears for long periods of time.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
BrentD15

Did anyone else think "BAD BOYS! BAD BOYS! Watcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?" when Sei's dad pulled that badge? :mrgreen:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Amion

I'd gush over this episode. But at this point gushing has become the standard for this series and thus would make it redundant to do here.

So with that said I'll just say I enjoyed this one more than I did last week's. Which has been the same general rule for every episode. I can't remember the last time I watched an anime where every episode is BETTER THAN THE LAST :!:

Also, I am a gigantic ice cream fan so I wasn't phased by it. Until Strike did the inevitable...

Ah but this episode. I loved the moment when Aila praises the ice cream and Japan in general, and the people in the background react like someone would in the real world, and stare at her with an almost embarrassed or disturbed expression. Simply hilarious.

And yes, RIIIIIINCHAAAN! Was the best moment ever. He's got to reappear sometime to meet up with her.

Ok, so I'm going out on a limb to admit I am not looking forward to next week. A good battle maybe, but at this point the victory is inevitable for Reiji and Sei. They are going to fight the Kaemfer Amazing, so why bother? The Aila battle will be epic, and the Senguko Astray simply to watch Nils Neilson lose and then go on his real mission as Ninja Neilson and reveal to us the Plavsky Particle's origins.

And who wants to bet they can't figure out the secret only for Mashita to walk in and drop it in a rush of information without realizing? :D
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
battletech

BrentD15 wrote:Did anyone else think "BAD BOYS! BAD BOYS! Watcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?" when Sei's dad pulled that badge? :mrgreen:
Filmed live and on location with the men and women of Gunpla enforcement. All suspects are innocent till proven guilty in a court of law. :lol:
"The souls of Man are weighed down by gravity." - Char Aznable
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.-Clarke
Mythgarr

You may have a semi-prescient expectation of what's happening in the future based on watching tons of anime and reading lots and lots of novels, but the charm of GBF is the fact that each important battle is choreographed excellently and will be imprinted in your retina permanently. That's what you need to wait, not the results :)
Visit The Dreams
Strike Zero

Amion wrote:Also, I am a gigantic ice cream fan so I wasn't phased by it. Until Strike did the inevitable...
You're welcome. :mrgreen:
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
AmuroNT1

BrentD15 wrote:Did anyone else think "BAD BOYS! BAD BOYS! Watcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?" when Sei's dad pulled that badge? :mrgreen:
I thought of Dekaranger personally, but I'm a Toku fan so what do you expect?

And yeah, it's really unfortunate that the final phase of the tournament is single-elimination, since we know that certain characters are doomed to lose. Even moreso, SeiJi facing Mao in the very first round unfortunately kills pretty much all the tension since there's no way the heroes are going to be eliminated right off the bat, and they aren't going to pull another draw like with Fellini.

But sadly, like Gentle Chapman once said, "Where there's a winner there must always be a loser."
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Vixy

I would love these kits to return later modded into more personalized gunplas.

https://lh3.ggpht.com/-tGpusJu8Suw/Ur0d ... 1600/1.jpg
Wingnut

AmuroNT1 wrote:
I thought of Dekaranger personally, but I'm a Toku fan so what do you expect?
Gunpla mafiso "C". For committing gunpla related crimes on 36 different occasions, and illicit participation in an official tournament, and unlawful gunpla control, JUDGEMENT! *presses hidden button on his ID*
Or something like that. The punishment thankfully isn't deletion here though.
And yeah, it's really unfortunate that the final phase of the tournament is single-elimination, since we know that certain characters are doomed to lose. Even moreso, SeiJi facing Mao in the very first round unfortunately kills pretty much all the tension since there's no way the heroes are going to be eliminated right off the bat, and they aren't going to pull another draw like with Fellini.

But sadly, like Gentle Chapman once said, "Where there's a winner there must always be a loser."
I'm thinking it will be sort of like Domon vs. Sai in that matter in that one is fighting for the cause of his school/shrine and the other is the hero that we know will win somehow. Mao will lose in spite of giving everything he has, but he will still have the respect and admiration of his woman and perhaps be acknowledged as the heir to the dojo by his master anyway.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Vent Noir

Is it sad that the Reiji/Aila relationship is better written than "newtype girl" relationships in more serious shows?

(Looks pointedly at Allelujah/Somarie)

(Yes, I'm still sore about that)
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Destiny_Gundam

It's probably because they're not forced into a situation where they have to hate and kill each other.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Compass

No, don't give them ideas. The last thing I want is for Girl or the World trope to be cast :cry:
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
BrentD15

Compass wrote:No, don't give them ideas. The last thing I want is for Girl or the World trope to be cast :cry:
It better not. :cry:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Zeonista

Compass wrote:No, don't give them ideas. The last thing I want is for Girl or the World trope to be cast :cry:
Hush, you, this is still a Gundam anime! :(
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Blazer-X

Vent Noir wrote:Is it sad that the Reiji/Aila relationship is better written than "newtype girl" relationships in more serious shows?

(Looks pointedly at Allelujah/Somarie)

(Yes, I'm still sore about that)
That said, Saji/Louise (the other "Crazy Newtype Girlfriend" couple) wasn't too badly written, in my opinion. Yes, the ending was a complete Band-Aid fix courtesy of Setsuna (with Magic Pixie Dust!), but the build up on the their relationship (albeit teenage-y and slightly exaggerated at times) in Season 1, as well as their mutual families being wiped out before either hit proper adulthood does make for a strong reason for why they are so attached to each other.

Going back on topic, yes. Reiji/Aila is probably one of the most entertaining couple building I have seen in a while. This is mainly thanks to them actually giving Aila a personality, as opposed to making her the "mysterious Newtype girl that lacks emotions". Its arguably better than Sei/China, which by itself is already better than the love in other Gundam series.
Kuruni

Blazer-X wrote:Yes, the ending was a complete Band-Aid fix courtesy of Setsuna (with Magic Pixie Dust!)...
It may occur again, except that this time it's actual Magic Pixie Dust! (and Reiji catch the pixie himself) :mrgreen:
My girlfriend was a loli.
Blazer-X

Which will actually be okay. You know, its time like this that I wonder why Bandai doesn't just decide to make more "not-so-serious" shows.