The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Destiny_Gundam

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk III

At the pace it's going, I don't expect it to be longer than 26 episodes. After the world tournament is done I bet there'll be an arc involving Reiji's homeland.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Compass

Destiny_Gundam wrote:At the pace it's going, I don't expect it to be longer than 26 episodes. After the world tournament is done I bet there'll be an arc involving Reiji's homeland.
"Oh hey kids, I noticed we weren't killing enough characters and all in this Build Fighters arc because it's all an arcade game, so when we visit Reiji's wartorn homeland with real mecha we'll make sure to kill off some cast and characters."

Am I too cynical or is this an accurate description of what I'm afraid will happen? I mean, Gundam Age, the kid-oriented one, that was rough...
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Xenosynth

Erm...
I don't see how everyone figures AGE was kid oriented. The animation style was Level-5's style.

I hate that everyone thinks this series is going to do a 180 to being serious. We haven't even had characters CURSING at all. AGE even started with death and destruction. AGE was never supposed to be kid oriented just because it had a different animation style.
bullethead

Xenosynth wrote:Erm...
I don't see how everyone figures AGE was kid oriented. The animation style was Level-5's style.

I hate that everyone thinks this series is going to do a 180 to being serious. We haven't even had characters CURSING at all. AGE even started with death and destruction. AGE was never supposed to be kid oriented just because it had a different animation style.
Didn't they say that in one or more PR things, including the initial reveal press conference?
FieryBlitz

After watching a recent update on Lokenhar's LP of Zeonic Front, I think it's safe to say that one of the units I'm sort of hoping to appear in Build Fighters now is Gundam Mudrock. Those beautiful shoulder cannons man.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Chris has it listed down for 25 episodes, which sounds about right, especially since we've just gotten to the World Tournament.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Compass

Anyone know when the OST is slated to come out? I'm hoping to preorder a CD or whatever iTunes album it comes as, but searching for it yields a bunch of things that aren't the OST :x Music has been really good for the series, making every battle really tight. Haven't been as motivated as I have been since AGE-2 Double Bullet transformation @_@
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Destiny_Gundam

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Chris has it listed down for 25 episodes, which sounds about right, especially since we've just gotten to the World Tournament.
That's just a placeholder until we get an official episode count.
Mythgarr

Compass wrote:
Destiny_Gundam wrote:At the pace it's going, I don't expect it to be longer than 26 episodes. After the world tournament is done I bet there'll be an arc involving Reiji's homeland.
"Oh hey kids, I noticed we weren't killing enough characters and all in this Build Fighters arc because it's all an arcade game, so when we visit Reiji's wartorn homeland with real mecha we'll make sure to kill off some cast and characters."
Now that would be a real twist! Season 2 of Gundam Build Fighter: Sei is now a young engineer specializing in Plavsky particle powered mecha that is used in wartorn homeworld of General Reiji. Meijin Kawaguchi uses his company to profit from the war by mass producing Zaku Amazing. China is now a young woman pursuing peace in a wartorn land. Mao and Niels band together to defend Earth from becoming the second Plavsky particle corrupted world. Fellini and Greco got corrupted by Plavsky and had become one with their respective mechas, now in real size.
Visit The Dreams
angelwingzero

Mythgarr wrote:
Compass wrote:
Now that would be a real twist! Season 2 of Gundam Build Fighter: Sei is now a young engineer specializing in Plavsky particle powered mecha that is used in wartorn homeworld of General Reiji. Meijin Kawaguchi uses his company to profit from the war by mass producing Zaku Amazing. China is now a young woman pursuing peace in a wartorn land. Mao and Niels band together to defend Earth from becoming the second Plavsky particle corrupted world. Fellini and Greco got corrupted by Plavsky and had become one with their respective mechas, now in real size.
No thanks.
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
Arbiter GUNDAM

And yes Xenosynth, AGE was, initially at least, marketed to pre-teen boys… which ended disastrously when they found out that pre-teen Japanese boys weren't at all interested.

And no, I don' want this show to become grim dark, even in jest. :twisted:
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Chris
Administrator

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Chris has it listed down for 25 episodes, which sounds about right, especially since we've just gotten to the World Tournament.
That's just a placeholder until we get an official episode count.
That's what I put based on what balofo said in a previous thread.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
AmuroNT1

Mythgarr wrote:Now that would be a real twist! Season 2 of Gundam Build Fighter: Sei is now a young engineer specializing in Plavsky particle powered mecha that is used in wartorn homeworld of General Reiji. Meijin Kawaguchi uses his company to profit from the war by mass producing Zaku Amazing. China is now a young woman pursuing peace in a wartorn land. Mao and Niels band together to defend Earth from becoming the second Plavsky particle corrupted world. Fellini and Greco got corrupted by Plavsky and had become one with their respective mechas, now in real size.
To paraphrase Duo Maxwell:

"If you’re joking, that’s cruel. But if you’re being serious, that’s even worse!"
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Wilbur boy g1

We'll if reiji is from another world I hope at least they make fun of the fact that is when shows start to get serious.
HellCat

Amusingly one of the recent Twitter sketches is China at age 23. I hope he continues with that, would like to see how older Reiji looks.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Destiny_Gundam

Got a link to that?
HellCat

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Got a link to that?
http://twitpic.com/dnoyt0/full

Comment seems to be a joke that he doubts the chest will be that ample.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Mythgarr

It'be a real cop out if GBF could pull a G :)
Comedic at first, then kinda serious, then serious, then ends in LOVE!
Visit The Dreams
Wingnut

HellCat wrote:
Destiny_Gundam wrote:Got a link to that?
http://twitpic.com/dnoyt0/full

Comment seems to be a joke that he doubts the chest will be that ample.
Oh come on. I know official remarks downplay her chest, but that's going a little too far. She's got time to grow, and modest =/= non-existant.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Ryujin

Oh man, so many highlights in this episode. It's the episode that just keeps on giving.
Spoiler
No-glasses China
Meijin being a Quattro
More Aila & Reiji
Fellini dedicating the match to Kirara
Battles
More Battles
Abigorbine even had Aura Battler-style flapping wings in MA mode
Germany's Gaw & his NTR Squad
Epyon overwhelming Star Build
That extended aftercredits sequence