The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
BrentD15

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk III

Blazer-X wrote:Which will actually be okay. You know, its time like this that I wonder why Bandai/Sunrise doesn't just decide to make more "not-so-serious" shows.
Because the fanbase might (or, in this age of the internet, will) create a backlash at them.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Destiny_Gundam

Sunrise makes plenty of "not-so-serious" shows. They usually don't involve mecha, though.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Jestersage

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Sunrise makes plenty of "not-so-serious" shows. They usually don't involve mecha, though.
Gintama does. In fact it featured gundam.

Someone need to make a gundam with neo Armstrong cyclone jet Armstrong cannon along with 2 GN drive at front.
Outlaw

Compass wrote:No, don't give them ideas. The last thing I want is for Girl or the World trope to be cast :cry:
Yeah I could do without Build Fighters getting too overly dark and serious. With the chairman having a "big secret" you know it's coming I just hope it's not quite so grandiose. As funny as it might be I could do without something like Mr. Ral running through the streets screaming "Plavsky particles are people! People I tell you!"
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Mythgarr

Plavsky particles are Minovsky particles leaked through apparent horizon created when Turn A exploded for the Nth time.
Visit The Dreams
Xenosynth

So.. I haven't even finished the episode. But... 40 seconds in. And I now declare Build Fighters best show ever:
Spoiler
THEY. ANIMATED. S-Gundam.

I... I... I'm so happy ;~~~~~;
Edit:
My thoughts on the episode:
Spoiler
Now that I finished it... man... It may not have been as good as Fenice vs SB Strike, but it was close. The battle was awesome, and while Mao obviously was going to lose, he put up a hell of a fight, and DAT MAOH SWORD holy crap. I also felt kinda bad for Mao at the end. He gave it his all but it wasn't good enough, so I could understand him being sad. But man, great episode, lots of characterizing for Mao, awesome music, and just... overall fun.

Surprisingly a lot of feels too. It's sad because you know Mao isn't going to win, but in some ways I was really rooting for the kid throughout the fight. And when he pulled the Maoh Sword + Obari pose, my eyes just lit up and I was like 'holy awesome oh man.'
Obligatory MS List (In order of appearance) ((Skipping over Main MS)):
Spoiler
From before the OP:
Ex-S Gundam
Johnny Ridden's Zaku II
Baund Doc
A few G Gundam ones ((During Mao's first shown battle with the Ex-S, after he wins there is a G-Gundam poster in the background))
Heavily Customized Kowloon Gundam (Used by Mao's Master)
ASH
Cancer
Mermaid Gundam
GINN FEMWAS
Waterproof Gundam

Gunpla Shingyo Dojo ((Lots of this stuff is heavily customized, and I am quite tired, but I did my best to properly list them out)):
Ball Custom ((Mao's Master again, looks like a fly.))
Mao's Strange Zaku Head + Samurai Equipment SD thing.
Red SUMO + HM Zaku Shoulders + Leg Missile Pods
Dendrobium Unicorn Mashup
Really Strange Gold Mashup using the Epyon's Sword ((I don't know the MS used for this one, sorry ;-;))
Customized ZOGOK
Crazy Artillery Ball
Customized Tequila Gundam + Cape
Dragon Thing customized from a Z'gok E I believe WITH Epyon Wings and Altron's tail blaster thing
Neue Ziel - looking mobile suit
Heavily Customized white Flag-type Mobile Suit
What appears to be a Sangokuden SD Zaku mashup, only minus the SD part
A Customized Marasai with a Cappule covered in spikes being used as a ball and chain
Beetle-Like Nobel Gundam
SD Chou-Sen Qubeley
More Customized Background stuff, hard to make out though (3 Gundam types and a Zaku type)

And this week we also see PVC figures at the Dojo:
PVC Figures of Lunamaria, Lacus, Wang Liu-Mei, SD Lalah Sune, Feldt Grace (Season 2), Mineva Zabi/Audrey Burne, Emma Sheen, Meyrin Hawke, Aina Sahalin, Tiffa Adill, Sayla Mass, Murrue Ramius, Marida Cruz, Marina Ismail
Last edited by Xenosynth on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:05 am, edited 6 times in total.
Strike Zero

HOLY SHIT THE S GUNDAM MOVED

COMMENCE FANGIRLING
Spoiler
You know, I think this this is the first Gundam series I've seen that hasn't failed to deliver with each episode. There were many great little moments to go along with the exciting battle. Who would have guessed that Mao's an Emma Sheen fan? And as for the Master's favorite Gundam lady... well, I can't say I find his reasoning faulty. :mrgreen:

Sadly, the episode ends on the note of Luang getting trashed by the Renato brothers, though I can't say I didn't see that coming after I got a look at the final bracket.

HOWEVER, I'm sure that he will be avenged next week. KAMPFER AMAZING VS GM SNIPER K9. HEAVEN OR HELL, LET'S ROCK!
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
YokozunaBulldozer

Forget Moonlight Butterfly. The MAOHKEN stupifies all with its sheer excellence. For now.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
latenlazy

Dat SBS punching a giant beam sword 8)
DoubleZero

I didn't watch the episode yet, but Luang lost? Luang was called an Ace pilot, he was compared to Char Aznable and Johnny Freakin' Ridden, he's voiced by the SUPAH PIROTO!, and he lost? This show keeps blowing my mind.
"Rush hour, during the Dark hour..."
Gundam420

Did anyone see the tournament bracket?

-Raman Khan
-John Ayers Mackenzie
-Patrick Mannequin
PSN: (Japan Account) gundaminator
GNRoyalFlash24

Spoiler
Dang, next episode is sending a Gundam thunderbolt, Enemy At The Gate, Sniper Elite vibe with the fight between Yuuki's and the Renato bros' gunplas.
GNRoyalFlash24

DoubleZero wrote:I didn't watch the episode yet, but Luang lost? Luang was called an Ace pilot, he was compared to Char Aznable and Johnny Freakin' Ridden, he's voiced by the SUPAH PIROTO!, and he lost? This show keeps blowing my mind.
IMO, it could be Sunrise's way of applying real life instances in sports like what happened in the field of Tennis were some of the likes of Nadal were beaten by a lower ranked player in Australia back then.
bullethead

DoubleZero wrote:I didn't watch the episode yet, but Luang lost? Luang was called an Ace pilot, he was compared to Char Aznable and Johnny Freakin' Ridden, he's voiced by the SUPAH PIROTO!, and he lost? This show keeps blowing my mind.
Well yeah. Bandai isn't making an Abigorbine kit, so he had to job to the Renatos, who have a GM. Thankfully, we're getting a 0080 rematch next episode, so it makes up for Luang going down like a chump.
Raikoh

Aww, the bracket is making the Super Renato Brothers' research on Sei and Reiji pointless, and the "payback for Greco" fight isn't going to happen. While it'd be really cool to see the entire bracket's matches, I know that's a bit of an unrealistic expectation since they have to fit everything into 26 episodes.

But in any case, do I really need to say that the episode was great? At this point that should be par for the course. Personally my favorite moment (outside of the fight - speaking of the fight OBARI POSE) was Sei quoting Lalah.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
YokozunaBulldozer

Raikoh wrote:OBARI POSE
The proper term coined in Asia is Yuusha Kenpou Dai Icchoushiki, or if you want a literal translation, The First Style Brave Sword Arts. Another name for it is the Sunrise Tachi or Sunrise Stance.

On a side note, is it just me that is craving any kind of beverage that has the word "sun" in it after watching episode 16?
Last edited by YokozunaBulldozer on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Kuruni

They animate Gundiver...it is one of amphibious design I like, great!

Aila still keep the Commando Gundam...this scene alone tell lot of message

Felini and Nils seem to have odd friendship now...

The Z'Gok Dragon and Tequila are really eyecatcher. Yeah, Mexican need gatling.

Well, our heroes will take back seat next episode, and I like what I saw in preview.
My girlfriend was a loli.
BrentD15

I'm surprised nobody talked about
Spoiler
Patrick Mannequin!
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Xenosynth

What about the John Ayers Mackenzie? Or Justin Fox ((He's from Canada, G-Saviour was shot in Canada, and Reed Fox. Given we already saw the G-Saviour in here, it might be another reference))?

The bracket gives a pretty clear showing of how the battles will go though.
Spoiler
Ricardo vs Aila will happen. 90% sure Aila will win.
Nils vs Sei/Reiji. We know how that'll turn out most likely.
Aila vs Sei/Reiji.
And then the rest of the unknowns, besides the twins, are all on the other side of the Bracket, since I'm sure that the twins will be losing, and Luang already lost.
Gundam420

BrentD15 wrote:I'm surprised nobody talked about
Spoiler
Patrick Mannequin!

.....I did.
Last edited by Gundam420 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSN: (Japan Account) gundaminator