The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Chris
Administrator

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk III

Kuruni wrote:No, I mean right at the start. After Start Build Strike absorb beam and leave everyone behind. And the big brother act as if he know it doesn't really matter.

Maybe my memory playing trick, I would check it again if the internet connection isn't so ZOINKS lately.
Your memory is playing tricks. The elder Renato dismisses the Discharge at the END of the race, not the beginning. The implication is that he calculated how much Discharge time Reiji had left and knew it wouldn't be enough to reach the finish line.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Kuruni

Hmm, no. I just recheck, at 16:12.

I guess the problem was my wording. What make it bug me (although not at first) is that he seem so calm and even smile. Maybe I just thinking too much...
My girlfriend was a loli.
Strike Zero

I honestly doubt there was anything sinister behind it. He literally called Sei and Reiji "tryhards" while laughing at them, which could have been a way to make it easier to swallow the huge disadvantage he and his brother were at. That's one way to interpret it, at least.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
monster

Kuruni wrote:Hmm, no. I just recheck, at 16:12.

I guess the problem was my wording. What make it bug me (although not at first) is that he seem so calm and even smile. Maybe I just thinking too much...
I don't think he sees them being in the lead as something to worry about that early in the race.
Amion

There is the possibility that BCUE tank has other tricks up its sleeve, I'd wager.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Chris
Administrator

I think you're just reading way more into it than what's there. He just comments that they're trying hard, not dismissing them as though he already knows they're going to fail.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Zeonista

Chris wrote:

I think you're just reading way more into it than what's there. He just comments that they're trying hard, not dismissing them as though he already knows they're going to fail.
That's pretty much what happened there. His smug attitude at the end of the race was caused, as stated by Strike Zero, by the observed information that the Strike's big early lead had been lost in the (apparent) wipeout in the water hazard, and that there are limits on mighty Plavsky powers. The BuCUE in 4-legged mode was very fast on the ground, all it had to do was keep the lead, and win by default.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Ryujin

OBARI DELIVERED

That pretty much sums up this episode.

Of course, there were also other things like
Spoiler
the existence of GUNPLA MAFIA, shirtless Yuuki, Ninja Nils & crying waifus but what a great fight, with everyone giving their all. That Fellini flashback montage. Also, Takeshi returns next ep. (given some of the previous arguments regarding his existence in this thread, this was a collapse of the wave function) and, judging from Rinko's behavior, she wants it reeeaaal bad.
Strike Zero

MOEAGARE

MOEAGARE

MOEAGARE

GUNPLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Spoiler
So, like, yeah. That was pretty much the greatest thing of all time. :mrgreen:
latenlazy

Mind=Blown, and bits of it are shattered across unrealized quantum space.

Holy C**P.

EDIT: I was literally shaking throughout the entire fight.
Strike Zero

Spoiler
What REALLY blew my mind was the reveal that the Fenice has been with Fellini ever since he was Sei's age.

The feels.
AmuroNT1

What can you possibly say that hasn't been said already? That was one of the best fights I've ever seen in Gundam. I love how they actually weaponized Sei's love of Gundam by
Spoiler
having him use Amuro's wire-trap trick from CCA.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
monster

Having a tie was unexpected, but it does add more reason for Ricardo's entry in the finals. Very nice episode.
ZeonsSilverStar

Well probably should've seen that coming but I didn't.
Spoiler
But it is good that Fellini didn't hold back, it made Sei and Reiji try harder.
Anyway highlights of this episode for me aside from the battle were ninja Nils and Meijin working out in his shades.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
YokozunaBulldozer

MANLY TEARS WERE SHED THIS DAY....
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Proteus

God damn the battles in BF was amazing. The earlier Zaku Amazing vs Build Strike battle I thought was one of the best fight scene in any gundam show, but this 1 goes 1 step further. Damn. now I want a Fenice so badly.
bullethead

Man, this show's feels are so damn genuine. It's the best love letter to fans ever.

Also, I loved how everyone was back to being bros after the match was over.
HellCat

bullethead wrote:Man, this show's feels are so damn genuine. It's the best love letter to fans ever.

Also, I loved how everyone was back to being bros after the match was over.
I agree. I don't want to knock AGE after what I said before, but if nothing else the two shows are a sign of the difference when the creative team really cares (though to be fair the AGE staff have said they were barely getting anything to go on from the key staff).
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Furious Rodimus

That fight would be on the highlight reels for years afterward in-universe. So sweet to watch Ricardo and Sei decide just to leave it all on the battlefield knowing full-well there's hours of rebuilding to follow.

In what round of the tournament will the re-match fall? I have a hard time believing they'll be satisfied with a draw on the world stage.
It's the stronger who create the weaker!

I am the (Color) (Object/Natural Element), Ace of (Organization) Fear Me!
Raikoh

Gotta say, I wasn't sure how they'd address the elephant in the room of "if Fellini throws the match, his friends will make it to the finals." I was thinking Kirara might have ended up goading him into it, but she actually has shown her nice side here (towards both competitors). The idea of simple "I want to fight them with everything I've got" is more than enough reason for me to support Fellini's decision. Plus, that montage of the Fenice's wear and tear over the years said so much with so few words, I love it.
Spoiler
I'm glad that Kirara apparently could understand why he chose to not let them win, too.
Furious Rodimus wrote: In what round of the tournament will the re-match fall? I have a hard time believing they'll be satisfied with a draw on the world stage.
I'm going to be placing my bets on some of the matchups we'll be seeing.

Fellini vs. Gary - I mean Nils - is a given. Get some payback, Italian Dandy.
Sei/Reiji vs. Renato bros is highly likely, at least it's been implied. Nearly every fight of the Star Build Strike has shown the Renato bros take an interest in it.
Already we know that Sei and Reiji are going up against Mao right off the bat.
And it's pretty much a given that the final will either be SBS vs. Kampfer Amazing or Qubeley Papillon.
Unfortunately, outside of Sei/Reiji, Meijin, Nils, Fellini, and Aila, everyone else has sort of been set up as "cannon fodder" opponents. Yeah, I know that Mao, Luang, and the Renato bros. are really high tier opponents, but none of them have had too much screen time since the tournament started. I mean, we haven't even seen around half the finalists. I think that Luang is going to be going down in an early round - but he might end up doing something awesome like figuring out how the Papillon's bits work and/or how to counter them.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE