The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
HellCat

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk III

Per Twitter, Aila will be a witch in the Blu ray short.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
YokozunaBulldozer

To me the best of AGE were the following:

Desperado
Age 2 Double Bullet
Age 2 Dark Hound

Back to the topic, episode 14 was alright and the second opening song is a good change of pace. The first opening was decent but the second opening feels like the typical Back-On song that I am familiar with.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Bryant Molirse

I'm surprised no one brought this up in relation to Ral saying he's 35. How long ago did 0079 air again? lol
WARNING!!! I EDIT My posts in the image threads if there is NO NEW REPLIES!!
BrentD15

Bryant Molirse wrote:I'm surprised no one brought this up in relation to Ral saying he's 35. How long ago did 0079 air again? lol
It turns 35 in June. :)
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
monster

I thought I'd ask here: Does anyone have an explanation for how Sei and Reiji fell to 17th place? Going by what Ral and Kirara said and the results of the races, at worst, they should've been in 15th place, still within the 16 top spots required for the finals. The only conclusion I have now is that it's just a mistake on the show's part in trying to create drama.
Raikoh

monster wrote:I thought I'd ask here: Does anyone have an explanation for how Sei and Reiji fell to 17th place? Going by what Ral and Kirara said and the results of the races, at worst, they should've been in 15th place, still within the 16 top spots required for the finals. The only conclusion I have now is that it's just a mistake on the show's part in trying to create drama.
I think there was a throwaway line of dialogue in the first two rounds that shooting down enemies would boost your score. In the Battle Royal, if memory serves the Star Build Strike only got one kill (and that was against a non-registered unit). I can't remember if they picked off some of Team NTR, but either way they didn't rack up multi kills like some of the other people would/could have.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
monster

Raikoh wrote:I think there was a throwaway line of dialogue in the first two rounds that shooting down enemies would boost your score. In the Battle Royal, if memory serves the Star Build Strike only got one kill (and that was against a non-registered unit). I can't remember if they picked off some of Team NTR, but either way they didn't rack up multi kills like some of the other people would/could have.
I don't remember that rule, but even then, going by what Ral says, Sei and Reiji, coming into the 7th period, were among the 12 who have won all their battles, with Luang among 7 others who were 4 points behind these 12.

So, coming into the race, Sei and Reiji were already in the top 12 regardless of the details of their accomplishments in the first 6 periods.

Still, I don't think that rule exists, otherwise people would be shooting each other more often.
Strike Zero

Raikoh wrote:I think there was a throwaway line of dialogue in the first two rounds that shooting down enemies would boost your score. In the Battle Royal, if memory serves the Star Build Strike only got one kill (and that was against a non-registered unit).
That's not how the battle royal worked. The goal was to simply survive the duration of the round, and if you did so you were awarded 4 points.

And yeah, going over the math, even if we assume that only remaining competitors left with perfect scores are the ones we saw first-hand (Meijin, Aila, Nils, Fellini, Mao and the Renato bros.) Sei and Reiji should still at least be in the top 15. So, unless there's some sort of bonus point scoring system that we've yet to be told about, somebody on the staff dun goof'd. :P If they had simply had it so that there were more than nine races, then this little debacle could have been avoided.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
monster

Strike Zero wrote:If they had simply had it so that there were more than nine races, then this little debacle could have been avoided.
That, or simply have either more than 12 undefeated at the start or have more of the runner ups win the races. Although the latter probably couldn't happen because they're set on featuring those 5 strong players against the rest.

Which got me to think, if the Chairman or his secretary was smart, he/she should've pitted these strong players against Sei and Reiji from the start. Imagine if Sei and Reiji were partnered with 2 of the weakest players against Meijin, Aila, and Mao in the 3 vs 3 battle.

(Of course, then the show itself would be cut short or have a very different feel to it. :twisted: )
Evex

The qualifiers for the final tournament are standings based and standings fluctuate with each period. The 2nd period was actually a rather vital period for the ninety fighters in the world championship. Only 1/3 rd of them would get four points. Out of 90 fighters one third is 29.9999999997. Meaning period two sets the stage for the top 29 or 30 fighters if you round up.

Period 3 was lottery so the standings of the top 30 would change drastically based on who won, and who lost. For the most part we don't know the point totals for the fourth through sixth period. We know period four was rifle shooting, while period 5 and 6 were team based. Team based matches would reward points to all the fighters on the winning team. Again the 5 and 6 period can change the rankings rather quickly.

Period 1 four man knock out battle winner 4 pts
Period 2 battle royal ends when 1/3 of 90 fighters is knocked out. Survivors get 4 pts.
Period 3 Original Weapon Lottery winner gets 4 pts
Period 4 rifle shooting winner unknown pts
Period 5 Temari winner unknown pts
Period 6 three vs three battle winner unknown pts
Period 7 Gunpla Race winner 4 pts.

We know that the top 16 fighters will make it to the final tournament. there are twelve fighters who are undefeated filling in the first twelve spots. Four of the seven fighters who won most of there battles and only lost once fill out the rest of the 16 top fighters along with 17 through 21 spots. If those seven and the top twelve keep winning through periods four through six the rankings won't change.

Reji and Sei lost in period seven meaning they couldn't stay with in the top twelve ranking. Since they were knocked down to seventh place we have to assume thirteenth through sixteenth place won there matches, or at least that would be the case if it wasn't for period seven rules. Period seven is 9 races with ten gunpla in each race. That accounts for all 90 fighters. Only the winning 9 fighters will get to keep there position in the top twelve. We don't know who won the first race, but we know Mao, Fileni, Majin , Aila, Luang, Niels. We have no idea who one the sixth, seventh and eight race. We know the Renato brothers won race nine.

Since Luang won his race, he nulled out his one lost and regained his position in the top twelve. Sei and Reiji instead lost there race and fell four points behind the top twelve. The winners of race that were in the top twelve now become the top five. Assuming the winner of race one, six, seven and eight were also with the seven that were part of Luangs group won. They also null out the loses and replace those in the top twelve who lost. Considering that they landed in 17th place then we can assume thirteenth through sixteenth place changed very little. You essentially have the top 5 undefeated who won their races, sixth through twelth place who's scores might have not changed and then four people who are possibly from 13-21 ranked who won there match nulling out there one lose and joining the top sixteen. Sei and Reiji losing would of filled one of the vacant spots from rank 17-21 which happened to be rank 17.
monster

First, keep in mind that Ral mentioned the rankings after the 6th period had already happened.

Second, of the 9 winners of the races, at least 6 were already in the top 12, and Luang made up the 7th. Only the winners of races 1 and 8 are unknown.

Third, keep in mind that the team of Sei and Reiji was among the top 12.

So with 6 of the top 12 who won their respective race, the 6 who didn't (including Sei and Reiji), Luang, and the winners of races 1 and 8, the total still comes to 15. At worst, Sei and Reiji should be #15.
Evex

monster wrote:First, keep in mind that Ral mentioned the rankings after the 6th period had already happened.

Second, of the 9 winners of the races, at least 6 were already in the top 12, and Luang made up the 7th. Only the winners of races 1 and 8 are unknown.

I mentioned this in my post ral says there are 12 undefeated fighters including sei and reiji going into period seven. Luang is one of seven fighters who lost only one match and are four points behind the top twelve. Period Seven is what I call a push down period. By only allowing 9 fighters to get points the rankings are pushed down. Mao, Fileni, Majin , Aila, Luang, Niels and the Relato Brothers are in the top twelve. By winning there races they gain a four point lead over the rest of the top twelve and become essentially the top seven fighters. Those in the top twelve who didn't win, but didn't lose fall four points behind. This makes only four spots open for the top twelve This means top seven have a four point lead over ranks eighth through twelfth place, which have a four point lead over those who are 13 th through sixteenth place.

Luang won his race gaining four points this makes his score equal to those in ranks eight through twelve pushing fighters 13 through 16 down. Assuming races one, six seven and eight were won by people like Luang who were four points behind. This would mean ranks eight through sixteen would all have the same score. Meaning a possible five of the original sixteen would of been pushed out by losing, luang being counted among the five. Assuming sei and reiji were ranked with in the bottom five of the top twelve they would still be pushed down by those fighters who won there races. The winners being given high ranks then the losers with in the top sixteen. Since they are seventeenth place this would of put them at rank 12 going into period seven.
Kuruni

It's just occur to me, but do anyone else think the twin, at least the big brother, were informed about Mashita' trick? He was so calm when Reiji got ahead, even remark how they try so hard to win the race.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Perhaps but I think it was more for the sake of drama. There wouldn't be any real way to know how much time Reiji had on the over boost. If they'd absorbed a less powerful beam, they would have been screwed long before they caught up with the Renato Bros. If they'd absorbed a more powerful beam they might just have won. Also that pesky Zeong. :)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Strike Zero

@Evex:
You are pulling numbers and facts out of thin air that don't make any sense.
Evex wrote:Mao, Fileni, Majin , Aila, Luang, Niels and the Relato Brothers are in the top twelve. By winning there races they gain a four point lead over the rest of the top twelve and become essentially the top seven fighters.
This is wrong, because Luang was not in the top twelve, which means that Meijin, Aila, Nils, Fellini, Mao and the Renatos make up the top six.
Evex wrote:Assuming races one, six seven and eight were won by people like Luang who were four points behind.
Well, we know one of those wasn't -- the 7th race was won by Nils. Since six of the nine races were won by competitors with perfect scores, this means only three could have been won by people who were four points behind, including Luang.

Which means:
Evex wrote:This would mean ranks eight through sixteen would all have the same score.
is wrong, because it's actually ranks seven through fifteen who would now all have the same score, of which Sei and Reiji should still be a part of; 6 members of the original top twelve (including Sei/Reiji) + Luang + 2 other competitors who were four points behind.

Suffice it to say the rest of your post doesn't make even the slightest bit of sense. You can try to swing it any way you want, the point still remains that unless there's some sort of secondary scoring system going on that we're not aware of, Sei and Reiji should still have the same amount of points as Luang and the rest of the fighters who are currently only four points behind, all of whom are currently still in the top 15.
Kuruni wrote:It's just occur to me, but do anyone else think the twin, at least the big brother, were informed about Mashita' trick? He was so calm when Reiji got ahead, even remark how they try so hard to win the race.
I interpreted it as Big Brother being super sharp -- he'd figured out by now how the Star Build Strike's absorption system works, calculated the amount of Particles it had absorbed and would have dispersed before it disappeared, and concluded that by the time they'd resurfaced they didn't have enough left to stay ahead of him and finish the race before the final lap was up.

Yeah, he's just that good. 8)
Last edited by Strike Zero on Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
monster

Ah, Strike Zero pretty much said what I wanted to say, but I'll post mine anyway since I put some effort into it.
Evex wrote:I mentioned this in my post ral says there are 12 undefeated fighters including sei and reiji going into period seven. Luang is one of seven fighters who lost only one match and are four points behind the top twelve. Period Seven is what I call a push down period. By only allowing 9 fighters to get points the rankings are pushed down. Mao, Fileni, Majin , Aila, Luang, Niels and the Relato Brothers are in the top twelve. By winning there races they gain a four point lead over the rest of the top twelve and become essentially the top seven fighters. Those in the top twelve who didn't win, but didn't lose fall four points behind. This makes only four spots open for the top twelve This means top seven have a four point lead over ranks eighth through twelfth place, which have a four point lead over those who are 13 th through sixteenth place.

Luang won his race gaining four points this makes his score equal to those in ranks eight through twelve pushing fighters 13 through 16 down. Assuming races one, six seven and eight were won by people like Luang who were four points behind. This would mean ranks eight through sixteen would all have the same score. Meaning a possible five of the original sixteen would of been pushed out by losing, luang being counted among the five. Assuming sei and reiji were ranked with in the bottom five of the top twelve they would still be pushed down by those fighters who won there races. The winners being given high ranks then the losers with in the top sixteen. Since they are seventeenth place this would of put them at rank 12 going into period seven.
Luang won race 6 and Nils won race 7.

Assuming Nils was at a higher rank in the top 12 than Sei and Reiji, that means only Luang and the winners of races 1 and 8 could've pushed Sei and Reiji down.

That's 3 people who could've pushed Sei and Reiji down from, at worst, the 12th spot, which should've placed them at #15, not #17.
Kuruni wrote:It's just occur to me, but do anyone else think the twin, at least the big brother, were informed about Mashita' trick? He was so calm when Reiji got ahead, even remark how they try so hard to win the race.
Everyone can tell from the announcement that Sei and Reiji fell way behind and that they then pushed the Star Build Strike to the limit. He probably just calculated that they were not going to make it.
HellCat

Question- what's the best way to support BF if you don't want to buy the models? I bought the first 4 but had to cancel pre orders for more important stuff. Now that I have disposable income again I find I can't really be bothered to go back for what I missed (part of that though is due to the joke that is HLJs 'customer service').

I'm watching the official streams and would happily buy the Blu rays if they weren't oddly keeping the YT subs off them (part of hoping it gets a foreign licence? )
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Kuruni

No, I mean right at the start. After Start Build Strike absorb beam and leave everyone behind. And the big brother act as if he know it doesn't really matter.

Maybe my memory playing trick, I would check it again if the internet connection isn't so shitty lately.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Raikoh

Kuruni wrote:No, I mean right at the start. After Start Build Strike absorb beam and leave everyone behind. And the big brother act as if he know it doesn't really matter.

Maybe my memory playing trick, I would check it again if the internet connection isn't so ZOINKS lately.
It seems that the brothers are sort of the technical analyst types. They've swapped out their Gunpla in nearly every battle we've seen them in (I'm assuming that it's because they're using what they consider to be the best fit for the job). Considering they saw the Star Build Strike's Discharge system more than a few times I'd assume that they took some time to study it, and he probably calculated its max speed (either from the first episode or from that very race when Reiji took his solid lead) and the Discharge's average duration. The super Renato bros didn't make the comment of "don't worry" when SBS took its massive lead (there he just said something along the line of "They're trying hard"), but when it was making its comeback and they just needed to hold their lead.

And on the topic of the "seventeenth place" thing I think we might be missing the forest for the trees, since the last round is one-on-one and we can guarantee that everyone who's won six or more rounds is going to be winning, which means that if Sei and Reiji don't win then they will get bumped out of the top sixteen. Of course, that leads to the question of how they decide who is the "top sixteen." If there are 6-8 people with perfect scores, that's obvious. Then there are the 6-8 who have one loss, but what about the other two? How do they decide who makes the cutoff in the event of a tied score? Since it seems like that's going to be the case for the last two - even if Sei and Reiji don't win, there's still way more than two people who have six wins.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
monster

Raikoh wrote:And on the topic of the "seventeenth place" thing I think we might be missing the forest for the trees, since the last round is one-on-one and we can guarantee that everyone who's won six or more rounds is going to be winning, which means that if Sei and Reiji don't win then they will get bumped out of the top sixteen.
Well, according to the show, they've already been bumped out of the top 16, having only 1 loss.
Of course, that leads to the question of how they decide who is the "top sixteen." If there are 6-8 people with perfect scores, that's obvious. Then there are the 6-8 who have one loss, but what about the other two? How do they decide who makes the cutoff in the event of a tied score? Since it seems like that's going to be the case for the last two - even if Sei and Reiji don't win, there's still way more than two people who have six wins.
By my calculation, there should only be 6-8 people with perfect scores with 9-5 people who are 4 points behind, for a total of 13-15 people who have lost less than 2 rounds after the 6th period. Sei and Reiji should've been part of this group. The #14-16 spots (depending on the actual number of the 9-5) should be filled by people who have lost 2 rounds after the 6th period. But seeing as how Sei and Reiji are #17, that means 2-4 people who should have lost 2 rounds after the 6th period are ahead of them for some reason.

As for ties, I think they just filled up the ranking after each round in the order of whoever finished first/fastest or accomplished more things or have the least amount of damage in the latest round.