Buddy Complex

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Compass

Re: Buddy Complex - New Sunrise Mecha Show

Still doesn't make sense. Hina from the source timeline appears to have known and wants to protect Aoba, knows who Bizon is, and has her dilapidated pink Valiancer.

So sending her forward, but then reducing her age, and plopping her in a war zone does not provide the loop back to source with her obtained knowledge and valiancer. I have a feeling that she is simply a war orphan from the future timeline.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
hitokirigarou

Compass wrote:It almost appears like all the timelines are being taken, and then the optimal one is selected and continued, hence why the bailed-out zero-type crash seems to phase out, but the zero-types continue flying.
Reminds me of the Shin Mazinger Zero manga where Mazinger Z, in a failing battle against the mountainous Gordon Hell, activates its ability to manipulate probability in its favor. It seems to merge all the possible winning outcomes into its reality.
Compass

Well, we've found the time loop now.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
ZeonsSilverStar

So everything is coming together time wise, but character wise Bizon is coming apart. I foresee an ugly breakdown.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
iCards

ZeonsSilverStar wrote:So everything is coming together time wise, but character wise Bizon is coming apart. I foresee an ugly breakdown.
Episode 1 said that.
Zeonista

Compass wrote:Well, we've found the time loop now.
I do believe things are going to come together nicely for a finale that wraps things up some. Hina's A-rank compatibility pretty much sealed the deal, even before the report on past research. The musings on quantum effects may have seemed specious, but I thought they were intriguing. The technology seems to be very visionary, but incomplete and riddled with unintended side effects. It's helped keep the storyline within the "real robot" lines.

Edit: Bizon may now be on the slippery slide to axe murder crazy, but I understand his motive for doing so. Hina is a girl worth killing for. :) I still felt sorry for Pink-chan though. The Zogilian colonel is a classic anime villain, he is going on the list. 8)
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Compass

Hina is from the future, though, per Episode 1, so it is still likely that war orphan Hina is literally just war orphan Hina from the future.

I hope they can wrap up the conflict and everything else in the next episode, because things are going to be super-awkward.

Hina is obviously sent back in time in Ep 13 with her Proto-Valiancer, then Bizon as well as a result of the super big bang explosion of an unknown source.

I wonder if Aoba gets sent back in time to his original time, and whether Hina goes back... again... to be with Aoba, or if it's going to be almost Fate/Stay Night heart rending ._.
Zeonista

Compass wrote:I wonder if Aoba gets sent back in time to his original time, and whether Hina goes back... again... to be with Aoba, or if it's going to be almost Fate/Stay Night heart rending ._.
As any mecha anime fan here could tell you, the Japanese do love them some serious heart rending drama. You have been warned. :cry:

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Raikoh

Compass wrote:I wonder if Aoba gets sent back in time to his original time, and whether Hina goes back... again... to be with Aoba, or if it's going to be almost Fate/Stay Night heart rending ._.
What 'choo talkin' about, Aoba's one true love is obviously Dio.

I heard that it might be only 12 episodes, so throughout the second half of this episode I was like, "Please don't be a sequel hook..." only to be relieved that 12 episodes was wrong. Very rare that anime these days seem content to not hold out for a sequel, but I am so glad that Buddy Complex is likely to keep everything self-contained. If the final episode doesn't open up any new questions, I'd say there's no need for expanding on the story (outside of maybe more fluff with the war).
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
iCards

People on MyanimeList are already saying there is a season 2 coming. Their evidence however is the Japanese Playstation Network listing this set of episodes as "Season 1". I don't think Sunrise has made an official statement yet.

I think we can see that this is supposed to look like the battle where Bizon got sent to the past in episode 1. I wonder if he and Hina actually got sent back at the same time and she gets sent back 6 months earlier to prepare? That being said wouldn't a way to prevent the time loop just be preventing Bizon from going back once the phenomoly occurs? It may create a seperate timeline situation, but Hina would be knocked out of the loop scenerio.
Compass

The loop has to be closed. Hina tried to break the loop in Ep 1 and look where that sent Aoba D:

One thing that hasn't been addressed is, if the machines can couple with each other, what's to prevent Aoba from connecting with Hina?

Dun dun dun :D
iCards

Compass wrote:The loop has to be closed. Hina tried to break the loop in Ep 1 and look where that sent Aoba D:

One thing that hasn't been addressed is, if the machines can couple with each other, what's to prevent Aoba from connecting with Hina?

They should. The cockpit is the same design, and probably the same system, in all of them.
Zeonista

Compass wrote:The loop has to be closed. Hina tried to break the loop in Ep 1 and look where that sent Aoba D:

That is the question now, isn't it? ;)

Amion

I suppose this is going ot lead to poor Bizon shrieking in jealousy that she decided to Couple with that nutcase from the future rather than him and switch sides. Though from what it looks like to me, I suppose we are in for a big, golden vortex. Assuming the opening scenes we got back in episode 1 are from this finale. It could be that Hina and Aoba get warped back, and then later on this happens to Bizon?

I don't go much for time travel so I really shouldn't be reasoning this out, should I?
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Raikoh

I doubt Aoba will be sent back, unless he'd be getting sent back to a time after he was sent forward. Since if he got sent back to a time where he could potentially change things, wouldn't he want to try and change things? At the very least maybe try and stop Bizon from damaging Hina's pink Valiancer so she doesn't have to die?
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Compass

Maybe he has already changed things. He has been hinted at as Elvira's grandfather, and may be the source of the theory of coupling. It wouldn't be hard to say "This is the universal waveform" and just use his own, no? Hina already tried to change the timeline, as did Bizon, in Episode 1, and all they got was the source timeline anyways.
iCards

First Season ends with a "To Be Continued."
Destiny_Gundam

Unfortunately that doesn't mean we'll actually get a continuation. We'll have to wait for an official announcement.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Raikoh

*flips table*

Dammit Sunrise...

It might be an overreaction, but is it too much to ask for a series that has thirteen episodes to finish the story in thirteen episodes? I'm so sick of this "sequel series" crap, especially if it's not even a sequel, but just cutting one show in half.

Besides, what more do they even need to do with the story? All of the time travel stuff has been taken care of. So if you cut that out, we've just got a run-of-the-mill Real Robot show, to be honest. Best to let it end on a high note rather than gamble on a second season (which, if you look at Sunrise's recent history, second seasons have almost always been shark jumping).

Unless it was meant to be clever and have the "to be continued" be like, "IN EPISODE ONE!" but I seriously doubt that.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Destiny_Gundam

I guess the official website and the Twitter account do promise the series will continue.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."