The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mark II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
bullethead

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mark II

Anyone else love Bearguy III's facial expressions during the training and battles? It was a nice little touch that added so much comedic value without being overt.
HellCat

I demand an episode starring Neo-Allenby. If the Titans fanboys can be recurring, she sure as well should be.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Kuruni

Hmm, Sei pull "she's not my girlfriend" naturally, then get blush when see China's reaction. Combine that with when he walk her home, I say he isn't clueless.

Cotton inside gunpla is truly unusual. And China's justified it with a background story that only someone not really into Gundam would think (you know, the kind of "background story" that little girl would give to her brother's robot toy, when it's "invited" to her doll's tea party). Now I really love that thing.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Overlord Zaru

I concur on the Neo-Allenby. Also, note that she was wearing Sailor Jupiter's outfit under the Allenby vest.

I kinda like how Nils and Caroline are paired. The American with an obsession with Bushido paired with a Half-Japanese/American ojou with western noble tendencies. I thought Nils would be fawning over China because "Paafecto yamato nadesiko waifu" but it was nice to see even the Early Genius be flabbergasted at times. Really brought him down to earth.

Here's to seeing more of Mihoshi next episode. As well as the Ayla-Reiji encounter
ShadowCell wrote: Zanald is so disappointed in you he's going to smash a desk for every time you people disappoint him. there will be no desks for the little schoolchildren of Vagan because Zanald will have smashed them all. i hope you people are happy.
Strike Zero

Wait.

If a Zaku F2000 is showing up next episode, does that mean Gunpla Builders and Build Fighters are in the same universe?

But... wait, no, that can't be. The technology they use to compete in Gunpla Battles is totally different!

So, does that means Gunpla Builders was a TV show in the Build Fighters universe?

So, it's like, Build fighters is a meta-show about Gundam with it's own meta-show about Gundam.

...Dude. Gundam-ception.

On a related note, let me just take a moment to gush over not!Allenby and her Jupiter Noble Gundam

*GUSH*

Okay, I'm good. :mrgreen:
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
HellCat

It wouldn't surprise me if they use it as a joke about themselves:

"Wow, that's a cool Gunpla. With all those weapons it must be a custom"
"Actually, it's the Super Zaku from Gunpla Builders, a show about Gundam fans building kits and fighting in tournaments"
"They made a show out of that?"
"Yeah...I'd rather be watching an actual Gundam show"
*Sei and Reiji turn and smile at the camera with jazz hands as a rim shot plays*

China: "...I don't get it"
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Chris
Administrator

Strike Zero wrote:Wait.

If a Zaku F2000 is showing up next episode, does that mean Gunpla Builders and Build Fighters are in the same universe?

But... wait, no, that can't be. The technology they use to compete in Gunpla Battles is totally different!

So, does that means Gunpla Builders was a TV show in the Build Fighters universe?

So, it's like, Build fighters is a meta-show about Gundam with it's own meta-show about Gundam.

...Dude. Gundam-ception.
It already happened way before this because Iori Models has had the Beginning Gundam kit on display and it has the same box art as our version.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Mythgarr

Well, in DC comics multiverse, our universe is treated as the Prime universe (complete with Superboy Prime that has broken fourth wall probably three years ago).
Probably the GBF universe is the Gundam Multiverse's Prime Universe, where every other Gundam series are just fictions.
Visit The Dreams
Wingnut

Yep. You can see the left edge of a Beginning 30 kit on the shelf on the right side of the screen when Rinko has her solo moment late in the OP credits. Gunpla Builders is just another show among the many in the BF universe.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
GX9900-Gundam-X

Okay I agree that not-allenby ought to be a recurring character next episode looks beautiful but the fact that the MK-II got almost ZERO action makes me sad also when the hell is Takeshi coming back? the file states he sends stuff back to the shop Id assume Sei improves the The build Strike to Star Strike with something like that also when Aila shows up I want to see the Quebelley Papillion in action this time
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
Arbiter GUNDAM

I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
GX9900-Gundam-X

Aside from Allenby's cameo my favorite part is Chinna in space
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
Silver_August

The Beargguy itself was a creation of Gunpla Builders wasn't it? So the entire time it's been ultra-meta gundam-ception if thats the case.
AmuroNT1

I only have one thing to contribute to this topic:

Bearguy the Pooh, Bearguy the Pooh
Cuddly little death machine stuffed with fluff
He's Bearguy the Pooh, Bearguy the Pooh
Willy-nilly killy old bear
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Gundam420

But everyone seems to forget that in Gunpla Builders, Haru's Gundam just happens to be in a box just like the one in our world.
PSN: (Japan Account) gundaminator
ZeonsSilverStar

Maybe its because I had a bad day but I had a lot of apathy for this episode, however the training montage and Caroline dragging off Nils made me chuckle. And of course seeing the Knight Gundam in action was cool even if it did lose.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
Destiny_Gundam

I was actually a bit worried during the first bit of the episode. I thought it might be revealed that China hadn't entered the art contest because she shifted all of her focus onto gunpla. I'm glad that while she has embraced the gunpla hobby, she didn't abandon her true passion.

Sei did bust out the "I'm not her boyfriend" line, but he was genuinely embarassed by it. A dense harem lead would laugh it off as impossible, to the anger of the girl in question. Also note that Caroline never said Sei was her boyfriend, he just assumed she meant him. I think there's hope for him yet :)

Watching amateurs can be a lot better than watching pros. Pros tend to be too caught up in how things are "supposed to be." They follow the rules and the theory and while they do it well, it does lack that spark of the unorthodox. Amateurs don't quite have a firm grasp so they're more prone to do crazy and unexpected things. China did just that. She has little knowledge about Gundam so she made her Beargguy with a unique premise in mind, totally blowing the minds of pros like Sei and Nils. Sei now knows the value of thinking outside the box thanks to her (not to mention getting a nice change of pace).

He couldn't ask for a better girlfriend.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Evex

I don't think its a gundam-ception or a meta with in a meta like most people think. It's my belief that Gunpla Builders and Build Fighters are the same universe just a few years apart from each other. The reason we can think of this is as follows.

Gunpla Builders takes place during the first gunpla boom. The "sim pits" used are bulky and can only be constructed in certain locations. Remember these took up an entire second floor of a hobby shop. These gunpla fight tournaments essentially replace the model building contest we have today. When PPSE created the plavsky particle this revolutionized the system used for the gunpla battles. The system became more compact allowing the system to be placed in more locations. This new system allowed for a second gunpla boom by making it more available to the general public.
Strike Zero

Ah, but see, the presence of the Zaku F2000 serves to complicate matters. The determinant factor is one facet of information which I'm unable to recall at the moment: was the Zaku F2000 a scratch build by modeler Tatsu Shimano, or did it in fact come from an official kit produced by Bandai?

If the later is the case, then of course it's only natural that some random player would be able to utilize it in the World Tournament. But, if it WAS a scratch build, what would it be doing here? Has some dedicated builder witnessed Tatsu's Zaku F2000 in battle and decided to model a custom build after it? Or, did Tatsu pass on the model to another player once he decided to retire it from his own personal use? OR, is an aged-up Tatsu himself the operator after having decided to paint it in a different set of colors?

Possible as all of these theories might be, I find it more plausible that Gunpla Builders Beginning G existed as an OVA in the world of Build Fighters just as it did in the real world, which would make for a simple and handy explanation as to how a kit of Tatsu's Zaku F2000 is able to appear in the hands of a competitor of the World Tournament.

Will any of these theories be confirmed next week? Only time will tell. 8)
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
M-308 Gunner

Thoughts on the latest episodes:

Ep. 8: My knowledge of G-Savior is very weak so I actually didn't even recognize the suit when it came out. But I'd been waiting for some G Gundam stuff to show up so I was very happy to see the Devil Gundam. Earlier I surmised that the ole Devil might be used as a "Worf Effect," and I was definitely right about that. I've always like the Jegan too so that battle was overall pretty durn satisfying.

Overall I'm interested to see who the world-level fighters will be, and I'm hoping the show will bump up the Plavsky Particle plot thread to something world-changing.

I have no great hate for Nils, but I do have an urge to see him defeated.

Ep. 9: Hahaahahaahahahah

ahahahahaha

aaaah. My wife, who loves this show despite having displayed zero interest in Gundam previously, adored this one, as did I. I love the Beargguy III and hopefully it will see some more play.

Soon as the "all girls" fight started I was like "This would be a great time to see the Nobel," and then she showed up immediately in the next shot. Despite being taken down instantly I was still happy to see another of my favorite suits from G Gundam. Still waiting on a Shining or God.