The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mark II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Zeonista

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mark II

HellCat wrote:The match and announcers felt to me like the staff had watched WWE shows for reference.
Exactly!! In heroic combat the correct amount of enthusiasm must be expressed for the combatants! PGA-style commentary is definitely unsuited for it. Of course to have the proper level of American coverage we need the Madden-style recap with X & O markers to observe the tactics of the players.
Just think. There's an in-universe Mecha Talk where we all second guess each other over where the license is going!
Fantasy league NFL and baseball are so yesterday's amusements. Fantasy league GBF is the wave of the future! 8)
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Arbiter GUNDAM

CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE BULL IS COOKING?!
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Zeonista

Truth in a very Gundam way! :lol:
Though, I'm not sure this one's really for combat...[/url]
Spoiler
She really IS a gunpla!
Spoiler
Sei: See, Inchou is definitely detailed!!
Reiji: Amazing....
China: Must restrain fist of death....
It's Aina-sama the Masked Marvel! Bet you all thought we'd never be able to link GBF and Sekai de Ichiban in this thread, right? :D

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Amion

Wingnut wrote:
For you G-Savior fans.
Too awesome I forgot my words there for a minute. :lol:
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Destiny_Gundam

"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
PowerdGNFlag

I think it became complicated when the Gunpla of the "Beargguy II" was released simply as "Beargguy".
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
BrentD15

It is purely awesome. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
HellCat

I hope the adverts have fun when the MG BF line starts.

"Eh? MY Build Strike is now a Master Grade?! *gets starry eyed* Look at that surface detailing! That inner frame! The original markings!"
"Oi, Sei. This thing is pretty big...am I gonna be allowed to fight in this?"
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Kuruni

Someone comment on this image "If Setsuna exist in this verse, he will be Sei's close friend."
My girlfriend was a loli.
GX9900-Gundam-X

How bout that there G-Saviour who knows maybe if I hope enough the Gunpla Gods will grant us a G3-Saviour!
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
kayone73

Juumanistra wrote:As someone who does have a raging hatred of Nils after all of one episode, what I find astounding is that Nils should be the high point of GBF's deconstructive tendencies: He's a living, breathing Gary Stu who they've been hyping in the opening credits, and they even dressed him up like a samurai! And pitted him against an over-muscled oaf with ridiculous hair who had his own WWF intro! It's obvious who the (Japanese) audience is supposed to be rooting for, so in the show which relishes in demolishing the Gundam franchise's preconceptions in...the obvious person won. Wait, what?

Nils needed to win by the skin of his teeth, if he was to win at all. (Preferably, his face would've been caved in.) No matter how awesome a Jegan destroying a Devil Gundam is, you can't save an episode from such a major case of missing the point.
Taking this show waaaay too seriously, relax a bit on the overanalysis and just enjoy. The points that annoyed don't really merit any sort of rage
kayone73

latenlazy wrote:Was anyone else bothered by how the American announcers were portrayed? I mean, American announcers don't sound like that! I just couldn't get over how odd it was.
Nope not at all, it's a Japanese cartoon doing American WWE stereotypes, no worse than an American show doing stupid Asian stereotypes
latenlazy

kayone73 wrote:
latenlazy wrote:Was anyone else bothered by how the American announcers were portrayed? I mean, American announcers don't sound like that! I just couldn't get over how odd it was.
Nope not at all, it's a Japanese cartoon doing American WWE stereotypes, no worse than an American show doing stupid Asian stereotypes
Just for the record, REALLY dislike the latter :|
HellCat

latenlazy wrote:
kayone73 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4RhCy126RA
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Zeonista

HellCat wrote:
kayone73 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4RhCy126RA[/quote]
It's Mickey Rooney! :D (old movie joke) Seriously now guys, if you are gonna run out and get offended every time a show goes for lowbrow humor, you are gonna miss out on the real fun. As someone whose family tree extends into the Appalachians, I should be offended by just about everything Hollywood has put out since The Beverly Hillbillies, at least. But I am still here, and remarkably unoffended, so that's it. So let's get back to the anime and save the outrage for something trul deserving it, right? :roll:

Furious Rodimus

I would have lolled if the American announcers had referenced UFC's "He's hurt badly!" and "It's all over!" calls.

Overall though I really enjoyed the expanded focus of this episode because it got me wondering about potential future match-ups. It was cool to see them talking about the evolution of the hobby as part of it because that references a lot of real-world sports. Take a look at UFC 1 and compare the athletes and talent to UFC 167 and you'd be hard pressed to see them as the same sport.

If Build Fighters is successful and they continue to work with this idea that could be a major theme as the game develops from where it is now.
It's the stronger who create the weaker!

I am the (Color) (Object/Natural Element), Ace of (Organization) Fear Me!
Strike Zero

Switching topic a little bit, the Albigorbine has me wondering if we're going to see any other classic Sunrise shows being referenced.

Wouldn't be too farfetched either. I could see some guy walking up with a kit of the Ideon all like, "Yeah, I'd like to enter this heavily-modded GM kit into the tournament, if you would be so kind." :)
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Wingnut

Or more likely, someone modding a HGUC GM to look and function like Ideon as much as possible.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
latenlazy

Zeonista wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4RhCy126RA
It's Mickey Rooney! :D (old movie joke) Seriously now guys, if you are gonna run out and get offended every time a show goes for lowbrow humor, you are gonna miss out on the real fun. As someone whose family tree extends into the Appalachians, I should be offended by just about everything Hollywood has put out since The Beverly Hillbillies, at least. But I am still here, and remarkably unoffended, so that's it. So let's get back to the anime and save the outrage for something trul deserving it, right? :roll:

.___. Like I said earlier, I wasn't offended...Just had a hard time selling that bit to myself because I'm so used to actual American sports announcers...