The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mark II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Mythgarr

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mark II

the shield is triple layered in the HG kit: white, red, and yellow.
Visit The Dreams
Silver_August

Sei can make these awesome guns and a transforming jet fighter backpack and yet he can't craft a creative looking shield? Not asking for a crusader shield or anything like that but...I can't get over how boring and ugly it is, lol
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

It's more effective than any shield you'd get in a Zelda game, that's for sure.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Mythgarr

Silver_August wrote:Sei can make these awesome guns and a transforming jet fighter backpack and yet he can't craft a creative looking shield? Not asking for a crusader shield or anything like that but...I can't get over how boring and ugly it is, lol
The shield has rifle nozzle.
Visit The Dreams
Silver_August

I'm sure it'll prove just as effective as those OP head-mounted mini Gatling guns, the strongest armament of any lead gundam's artillery! :P
HellCat

This really has become a reason to look forward to Mondays, though I'm sad we get no Kirara this week :(

I keep saying it but I love how willing the show is to make fun of the fans and the hobby. It makes me think of how the Keroro manga worked because Gunpla was his thing alone that everyone looked down on but the anime made more characters interested. The fact BF is willing to poke fun at things and do 'only in a fanboy's dream' moments like using plamo to pull women...it's far better than a heavy handed commercial push that ignores the flaws.

The imagination battle was a clever concept though one that makes me wonder further about Plavsky particles. Also loved the Western pastiche complete with a carrier bag standing in for a tumbleweed.

Of course the obvious question is what exactly has Yuuki gotten himself involved in?
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Kuruni

So Extreme's existence become semi-official now...

Surprise, I though Sei would pull "She's not my girlfriend" trope. I rarely ship character, but since "She's not my girlfriend" is actually realistic reaction of school boy (except they really mean it in real life), I guess China's feeling isn't one side.

I take back what I said earlier in this thread. Gunpla Battle is really big "thing" if you can open dojo teaching people...and hit a girl with it.

I chuckled at the "modern wild west duel" spoof, especially that tumbleweed-like plastic bag.

I really wonder about the next episode? Sure, Reiji won't quit now since he also has to fight Fellini in World Tournament, but surely they can't keep him moody like that.
My girlfriend was a loli.
HellCat

Oh, I nearly forgot- Satan Gundam got a cameo.
Ryujin

I only realized recently that the side-characters in the ED, with the exception of Alan & Ral, have so far been shown in their order of appearance within the show itself...so I presume that the two females in kimonos will be popping up soon.
HellCat wrote:Oh, I nearly forgot- Satan Gundam got a cameo.
I like how the background MS cameos actually have some sort of relation to the characters in the episode. Mandala Gundam for Kirara, Satan Gundam for Maoh.
Wingnut

Ryujin wrote:
HellCat wrote:Oh, I nearly forgot- Satan Gundam got a cameo.
I like how the background MS cameos actually have some sort of relation to the characters in the episode. Mandala Gundam for Kirara, Satan Gundam for Maoh.
What it was fighting was also interesting. It was the same MS that George's butler used to train him with, though I imagine it had better controls here then a steering wheel.

And I really lost it when Fellini was hitting on that woman in the café by using a Victory Gundam gunpla in place of the more traditional items one might send a pretty lady. And then how the voice of Graham manages to pull a Patrick on the situation when Reiji shows up to ruin things.

Even in Japan today that wouldn't work, but it's nice to imagine that it could. :)
Kuruni wrote:Surprise, I though Sei would pull "She's not my girlfriend" trope. I rarely ship character, but since "She's not my girlfriend" is actually realistic reaction of school boy (except they really mean it in real life), I guess China's feeling isn't one side.
That was interesting. Sei just kinda kept his mouth shut and accepted the drawn conclusion.

The "duel" this episode was interesting in its own way from the gunpla instead of six-shooters, to being able to 1v1 just in their heads.

What on earth has Yuuki gotten himself into? Not sure, but it seems to involve the Plavski particles.

And this week's tag line mimics Seed itself so it makes sense that "Murrue" would voice the preview clip.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
HellCat

I like the preview but I'm sad they skipped ahead. We were up to CCA and then skip ahead to SEED? It kind of works since they seem to want to keep the mystery and interest going but I was waiting for a clever 0080 or F91 reference.
monster

HellCat wrote:I like the preview but I'm sad they skipped ahead. We were up to CCA and then skip ahead to SEED?
What do you mean?
HellCat

monster wrote:
HellCat wrote:I like the preview but I'm sad they skipped ahead. We were up to CCA and then skip ahead to SEED?
What do you mean?
The next episode previews all have a mythology gag copied from the next ep previews/tagline of Gundam works in production order.

First we got 'Will I survive school?', a play on MSG's previews using "Will you survive/Who will survive?"

Next was "I can see the tears of time" after Zeta's "You will see the tears of time"

Then "You will see a Gunpla battlefield" after ZZ's 'battlefield of Newtypes' sting

Last week was "You do not know the meaning of Gunpla battle yet" after "You do not know the true meaning of Gundam yet", an infamous phrase from the CCA trailers.

This week they jump ahead to SEED so Murrue's VA (a prolific actress who also plays Sei's mother) can do the preview in the style she used for SEED and Destiny.

It works, I'd just rather have gone through the rest of the pre-SEED stuff first.
monster

Oh, I did not know that. Someone should make a list of all the references for those of us who aren't as perceptive of some of these references.
Wingnut

Time for pics related to the episode.

There has got to be several people who have done this for real with their gunpla.

Pixiv goes a little wacky after seeing Mao in Garrod's clothes.

Egads, I love the look of this thing even more now.

Picking up women with gunpla: the .gif. And the follow-up. It might have worked if Reiji hadn't shown up. Fellini also knows how to pick 'em too as she was quite easy on the eyes.

Finally for now, that not-tumbleweed.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Amion

These episodes are great because the characters are adorable. I loved that scene where Sei asks if he attracts weird people. :mrgreen: Ahaha, I'm still chuckling.

I am positive of it now. Ral gets possessed by the true Ral of MSG. That or psychosis that forces him to make a Ral reference. :D I love it even though I've stopped laughing. Speaking of Ral, I'm calling it now, he's the former champion who beet Takeshi.

Felini himself was probably the cause of that woman's interest. I've had girls do that with me when I wasn't even trying. 8)

Ok, beginning of this ep had me worried about the plot and how in the world this show could manage 25 episodes much less the rumored season two. With Murrue's seiyuu going serious, I believe we are about to get more depth into what Plavsky particles are. At least I hope.
Spoiler
Who wants to bet that somebody is in that particle tank that Yuuki was staring into?
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
yazi88

Yay! The S Gundam finally appears in animation! As a standing model but still good stuff.

No, I'm not saying that Sentinel should be animated. But the mech designs were really good...
Strike Zero

This episode was bananas. Once you've seen an epic battle with Gunpla taking place on the mental plane, you've seen it all. :lol:

I'm glad to see Sazaki continues to make appearances -- he makes everything better whenever he appears on screen. :lol:
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Destiny_Gundam

Wingnut wrote:
Kuruni wrote:Surprise, I though Sei would pull "She's not my girlfriend" trope. I rarely ship character, but since "She's not my girlfriend" is actually realistic reaction of school boy (except they really mean it in real life), I guess China's feeling isn't one side.
That was interesting. Sei just kinda kept his mouth shut and accepted the drawn conclusion.
Nah, I don't think the meaning of Mao's words clicked in Sei's brain. He is a dense protag, after all. Still, it's usually the girl that'll vehemently deny such a thing, but China was quite happy about it.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."