The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mark II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
HellCat

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mark II

What a weird situation if true. You'd kind of assume Bandai/Sunrise got to call the shots on that.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Chris
Administrator

bullethead wrote:Supposedly MBS won't allow them to use the AGE and 00 S2 suits because they still have animation rights(?) over them. These same suits don't show up on GundamInfo's MS video encyclopedia thing either.
I've never heard this reported anywhere. Is there an actual source for this, or is it just something people believe because they read it somewhere?
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Sume Gai

I'm pretty sure Sunrise/Bandai can override the objections from a TV network to use their own designs as they wish. It sounds like harmony gold class BS to say the network can withhold those rights.

If you need a reason they aren't using 00 or AGE designs there's already a very simple one, those series and kits are still fresh. Bandai has no reason to waste time redesigning kits that are already up to modern standards or advertising kits that are still fairly recent.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
HellCat

I have to admit I'm enjoying the seemingly Kuroda-led initiative to smuggle Exia in as much as possible. Per an old interview I believe it's his favourite 00 Gundam.
bullethead

Chris wrote:
bullethead wrote:Supposedly MBS won't allow them to use the AGE and 00 S2 suits because they still have animation rights(?) over them. These same suits don't show up on GundamInfo's MS video encyclopedia thing either.
I've never heard this reported anywhere. Is there an actual source for this, or is it just something people believe because they read it somewhere?
Sume Gai wrote:I'm pretty sure Sunrise/Bandai can override the objections from a TV network to use their own designs as they wish. It sounds like harmony gold class BS to say the network can withhold those rights.

If you need a reason they aren't using 00 or AGE designs there's already a very simple one, those series and kits are still fresh. Bandai has no reason to waste time redesigning kits that are already up to modern standards or advertising kits that are still fairly recent.
I honestly have no idea if it's true or where it came from. That said, I do think the fact that they're newer shows does explain why there aren't any 00 S2 or AGE units in any of the battles, but it makes you wonder why none of them have shown up in background display cases or on the store shelves.
HellCat wrote:I have to admit I'm enjoying the seemingly Kuroda-led initiative to smuggle Exia in as much as possible. Per an old interview I believe it's his favourite 00 Gundam.
Kuroda's got taste.
Dark Duel

FINALLY! GUNDAM X MAOH IN THE NEXT EPISODE!!!!!
Now the only thing I'm still waiting for is for Sei to bust out the Build Gundam MkII.

As for this episode overall...Well, is it bad that I decided I hated Kirara's guts before the opening sequence even played?
Well no, that's not true. That fast I already didn't like her. By the end of the episode, I hated her guts.
Though visually, the "normal" look she had when she first showed up at the store reminded me a lot of an older Yurin L'Ciel. Every other aspect of the character I disliked. So as irritating as it was that Reiji and Sei were forced to play a major trump card this early on, I was immensely satisfied by Reiji obliterating her ass.
Poor Gerbera Tetra, though. That thing simply can NOT catch a break. In 0083? Impaled on the tip of a cannon and then blasted apart by the same. Now? Obliterated by a backpack.

Other that there's Tatsuya Yuuki's Zaku (which I still don't like much, by the way, as a design. And I still friggin' hate its name) LOLpwning the Justice - which intensely amused me in a meta sense because if you think about it, machines piloted in their original series by Amuro Ray(Dijeh) and Char Aznable(Zaku II S) utterly humiliated the machines piloted by their respective CE-expies. Interestingly though, from what we saw on-screen the Justice actually managed to last at least a few seconds longer than the Freedom.

But anyway, other than that and Reiji flattening the Gerbera Tetra, my favorite scene had to be the last few seconds, that short exchange between Sei and Kousaka.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Mythgarr

The LOLpwning of old mold Freedom and Justice probably means something in the future? Seeing that we already have a glimpse of new mold HG Aile Strike ?
Visit The Dreams
Kuruni

About Kirara, it would be lie if I say I like her, but she has my sympathy. What she did is bad, no excuse, but whoever went through so much (watching 20 series, remeber everything important detail - including trivia that only fans would care, and master the hobby that she doesn't even like) for sake of her dream... I actually find the devotion touching.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Blazer-X

bullethead wrote:
Chris wrote:
Ryujin wrote: Supposedly MBS won't allow them to use the AGE and 00 S2 suits because they still have animation rights(?) over them. These same suits don't show up on GundamInfo's MS video encyclopedia thing either.
The second part is totally BS. Sure, Age suits may not have showed up yet, but practically all of the S2 MS have showed up in GundamInfo's MS video encyclopedia. Just check Gundam Wikia for the respective links if you don't believe me.
Wingnut

Dark Duel wrote:Now the only thing I'm still waiting for is for Sei to bust out the Build Gundam MkII.
We did see him working on the rifles, so it can't be too far off.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Mythgarr

X Maou next....can't wait :D
Did anyone notice that there can be a large projectile weapons in the Gunpla Fight, as evidenced in Zaku Amazing sending some kind of rockets toward Justice?
Visit The Dreams
Wingnut

Mythgarr wrote:X Maou next....can't wait :D
Did anyone notice that there can be a large projectile weapons in the Gunpla Fight, as evidenced in Zaku Amazing sending some kind of rockets toward Justice?
In-universe, I'd bet that's a tweaked Magella Top cannon.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Compass

In regards to Kirara's first two opponents forfeiting, was it ever established why they forfeited?

Were they fans or bamboozled? And if bamboozled, why did they not report tampering? Is this Yu-Gi-Oh where we throw out the rules because we're popular, or we have money?
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Raikoh

It's not said why they dropped out, so I guess it's up to interpretation. I think that the implication was that Kirara cheated in the same way she did against Sei, at least. As for why they wouldn't report tampering? Well, they can't exactly prove that Kirara did anything (especially since she was likely to use her "Mihoshi" guise). If they complained to officials without any solid evidence, it would probably be attributed to shoddy workmanship or poor maintenance.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Amion

Raikoh wrote:It's not said why they dropped out, so I guess it's up to interpretation. I think that the implication was that Kirara cheated in the same way she did against Sei, at least. As for why they wouldn't report tampering? Well, they can't exactly prove that Kirara did anything (especially since she was likely to use her "Mihoshi" guise). If they complained to officials without any solid evidence, it would probably be attributed to shoddy workmanship or poor maintenance.
I agree. Kirara looks like she's pretty competent as a covert agent. Maybe she's actually a character from the serious universes like Ral, just in disguise. Is this where Yurin ended up? Poor girl, if so she just can't catch a break. :P

I don't think we've seen the last of her though, she might pop again with a WitP mobile suit, given how much she seems to love them. So long as that wasn't an act that is.....
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
HellCat

Probably doesn't count for much but the mildly BF themed 'All Gunpla' booklet with the latest Ace does mention AGE-1, AGE-FX and Legillis in addition to Exia, 00 Raiser and Quanta. Doesn't specifically mean anything for the show but...
Silver_August

Well! Me and my sis watched the latest episode and needless to say... we were both disturbed by Kirara's debut - her outfit is WAY too much for me..its revealing, its lolicon-tastic and... ah! lol But I must say, her "civilian" mode is pretty charming. Does anyone know if we're going to see more of her or is she just a 1-shot character? Bios leading up led you to assume she played a role of some sort but this episode almost makes me feel like this was just early competition filler.

China was cute in this episode, I have no problem with how "girly" she's being honestly, its quite appropriate for a young girl who well, clearly has a crush, also what's the gundam she got? because it didn't look like the Beargguy box to me...looked like the Zaku/RX-78-2 starter kid that I actually bought...cuz I wanted an RX-78 and a gundam marker, lol.

Not a ton to say honestly, it wasn't a dull episode, it was just fun and starting things up, plus showing off the Build Booster and why its a more plausible idea then the Skygraspers... in retrospect he basically combined the Aile Strike pack with the 0 Raiser, which to his credit, makes sense!

X Moah next week, woo - now give me my MG Double X, lol.

OH and I thought the particles only effected Bandai's secret recipe of Plastic, how would Iori's metal gun be uploaded? ...and man those particles do magic, because no gunpla would ever be able to hold a gun that hypothetically heavy, lol
Xenosynth

Silver_August wrote: OH and I thought the particles only effected Bandai's secret recipe of Plastic, how would Iori's metal gun be uploaded?
Wait... what metal gun are you talking about? The beam rifle seems to be made out of pla-plates, as in it is still plastic, I don't recall seeing any metal be used.
Silver_August

@ 01:26, when they're analyzing the beam rifle, they suggest the barrel is using metal parts for better durability while the shield was double coated with extra plastic...in my eyes explaining why it looks like a cracker sandwich, lol.
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

@ 01:26, when they're analyzing the beam rifle, they suggest the barrel is using metal parts for better durability while the shield was double coated with extra plastic...in my eyes explaining why it looks like a cracker sandwich, lol.
A Wagon Wheel, cool.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!