The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mark II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Dark Duel

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mark II

Well, at this point I would say that Reiji's own skill, however he may have come by it, is also a major contributing factor - I mean, he punked a Shy-Tarn with a Ball fer chrissakes.
So yes, the Gundam's incredibly high performance is a major part of it, but also Reiji.
The point being, ultimately, that Sei is relying on those two things instead of his own skill, but I have no problem with that, as just as you pointed out Sei knows his limits and knows he, at his current level, is incapable of that kind of achievement on his own.

Judging from the ED(Which I know is not necessarily a good indicator, but anyway), eventually I believe that the series will eventually reach the point where Sei himself becomes able to do it on his own. At least so I hope, because seeing that growth and that change in him would make this show a lot of fun for me.
I'm just looking forward to seeing the Build Gundam MkII in action when it finally appears, as well as some of the others like the X Maoh and Qubeley Papilon. I'm also really looking forward to seeing China making her entry into this with her own Gunpla, the hilariously cute Bearrguy III.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Chris
Administrator

shadowxps wrote:What can I say I like my gundam shows serious. Maybe it is long term but it wasn't all that clear to me. The show only shows him losing to this bully once which like I said understandably would probably knock his confidence a bit. The rest is kinda just implied or alluded to so how long he's been losing or been put down is up in the air.
It's completely clear in the episode. When the dad comes in with his son and says that Sei must be great at Gunpla Battle, the look on Sei's face makes it obvious that he isn't, and this is before he fights Sazaki. And on top of that, Sazaki's dialogue also makes it clear that Sei's lack of skills is not a recent development.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Kyuzo Aoi

Does anyone know who will voice Kirara in Episode 4?
I am a Gundam!
Silver_August

Well I saw episode 3 finally! ....hours before episode 4 Debuts...lol

It was good, me and my sis are amused by the Nazi overturns of both the bar and the fact Reiji says he comes form a world called Arian... lol

Reiji taking folks on in a Ball was amusing, and really there surprisingly isn't a lot to say - a lot of this was set up and I appricate how this show isn't wasting any time to get to the point which is the tournament. Though this could be a result of this tournament probably not being the first.

But alas, had to watch it with my sis since its fun getting a non-gundam fan's opinion - it's worth noting she wishes China didn't ask for a Gunpla for girls...but then I told her how Beargguy basically is the most popular model for girls so...the fact she starts off with a Beargguy (and I'm guessing messed up the 1st and 2nd time so that's why we end up with a Beargguy Mk III...) makes sense as much as it kind of is enforcing that shes the typical girl so she gets the "girl" gunpla.

Least we got 2-3 other females on the cast who'll have suits that aren't adhering to "female stereotyping" or tropes or..whatever.
Xenosynth

I will personally admit I did have a slight cringe when she asked for a 'girl's gunpla' myself but there really isn't too much I can say on it. Even when the pre-release was going on I was going "I really hope China isn't gonna end up being the beargguy pilot..." But not too much to do about it now. I just hope she gets good at it and can hold her own in the fights, it'd be nice to see the beargguy actually be a competent force.
Dark Duel

As much as the Beargguy III is cute and slightly goofy-looking, I almost wish they'd done some kind of Nobel Gundam variant instead. As far as feminine Gunpla is concerned, can't go wrong with that IMO. But then again, I am a little biased :P

Also, it's not "MkIII", it's "Beargguy III"...which I'm guessing is deliberate because "Beargguy San(Three)" is a pun off of "Bearrguy-san" (Mr. Beargguy). But that's just me spitballing.
Last edited by Dark Duel on Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Destiny_Gundam

Well I hardly fault some one with absolutely no knowledge of gunpla asking for something intended for her particular demographic. It's no different from her asking for a beginner's gunpla for her brother.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Kuruni

It's anime, made in Japan. While strong woman is no longer unusual in media, they don't think girl who want to be girly is "weak" either.
Last edited by Kuruni on Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Silver_August

As cringing as it could be, I'm perfectly fine with it if only because its in character for her.

China is no tomboy or anything, she's quiet, caring and likes to paint and stuff, shes quite "girly" all things considered but she seems totally accepting and humble about this, plus...let's be frank, she doesn't seem like the type who'd have an interest in big beef machines of warfare so I'm imagining a girl like her walking into a hobby store and asking for something that suits her interests.

With that in mind... I can't think of any Gunpla that would honestly appeal to her outside of Beargguy and.... *stops to think* not Nobel, but like, the Farsia, because the Farsia was flower themed and opens itself to some really beautiful customizations.

But unfortunatly, this series isn't gonna feature AGE (until season 2 perhaps...? lol) so no chance of her painting up a Farsia to be riding on a Lily of the Valley... which I might do to mine since it's been sun damaged so I gotta repaint it either way..

EDIT: About Beargguy III, yeah that's true...but I'm still gonna bet its both a pun and a reference to the fact it's the 3rd mod since she wants to get into it too and no one is successful on their first try and she doesn't seem like one to quit after the first slip
Xenosynth

Yeah, that's probably why it didn't bug me as much (many of the reasons pointed out above). I'm just used to having a few friends who are really against things like that being said and so I worry about showing them the episode xD;

And yeah, the Beargguy San thing is a bit strange, is it supposed to be both the number 3 (san) and san as in Mr? I was very confused by the pun that it's supposed to have, as in, why even have the Beargguy 3 as a pun, why not just refer to it as Beagguy-San (Mr. Beagguy)?
Strike Zero

Xenosynth wrote: I was very confused by the pun that it's supposed to have, as in, why even have the Beargguy 3 as a pun, why not just refer to it as Beagguy-San (Mr. Beagguy)?
Might we say, you find the notion difficult to BEAR? :mrgreen:
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Xenosynth

Strike Zero wrote:
Xenosynth wrote: I was very confused by the pun that it's supposed to have, as in, why even have the Beargguy 3 as a pun, why not just refer to it as Beagguy-San (Mr. Beagguy)?
Might we say, you find the notion difficult to BEAR? :mrgreen:
Ugh, not puns, this is unbearable!

Anyway, I have to wonder which MS Kirara will be using, I swear I saw a Marasai in the episode preview, but I dunno if she'd use that or something else that is customized.

I also think at some point Reiji and Sei might team up in separate MS, or at least have someone team with them, since Ayla's profile mentions this Team Nemesis thing, I have to wonder if the tournament has doubles or triples later on in order to clear out multiple entries at once.

Also: Do we have a definitive episode count announced yet?
monster

Xenosynth wrote:And yeah, the Beargguy San thing is a bit strange, is it supposed to be both the number 3 (san) and san as in Mr? I was very confused by the pun that it's supposed to have, as in, why even have the Beargguy 3 as a pun, why not just refer to it as Beagguy-San (Mr. Beagguy)?
Why does it have to be a pun? For now, I'd rather think of it as being just like Zaku II.
Kuruni

Well, tag match is more or less a must for tournament series with strongly focus on friendship. But that's usually save for long-runner (because it's also perfect for fan service, by putting two of fan favourite characters, be them villains or heroes, together).
My girlfriend was a loli.
Strike Zero

https://itunes.apple.com/jp/album/id722781894
Kirara (CV:Yuuki Aoi)
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:D :D :D
Xenosynth

Kirara's updated profile.

I like Kirara much better when she isn't in the silly outfit xD Also, her customized unit seems to be a pink gerbera tetra, which is also awesome.

Awesome Gerbera Tetra.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Silver_August wrote: But unfortunatly, this series isn't gonna feature AGE (until season 2 perhaps...? lol) so no chance of her painting up a Farsia to be riding on a Lily of the Valley... which I might do to mine since it's been sun damaged so I gotta repaint it either way...
Season 2? Last I checked, we were only getting 25 episodes out of this.
Strike Zero wrote:https://itunes.apple.com/jp/album/id722781894
Kirara (CV:Yuuki Aoi)
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:D :D :D
I take it you approve?

Hey, doesn't she do the voice of Akira on Valvrave as well?

Xenosynth wrote:Kirara's updated profile.

I like Kirara much better when she isn't in the silly outfit xD Also, her customized unit seems to be a pink gerbera tetra, which is also awesome.

Awesome Gerbera Tetra.
UM, is it just me or does Kirara, out of costume, look kinda like Sei's mom? 0_o
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Strike Zero

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I take it you approve?

Hey, doesn't she do the voice of Akira on Valvrave as well?
Indeed she does, as well as a bunch of other roles, including the voice of mah waifu, Hibiki Tachibana. :mrgreen: We might not get to hear too much more of her, though, as I don't foresee Kirara being too heavily involved in future episodes. Shame. =(
Xenosynth wrote:UM, is it just me or does Kirara, out of costume, look kinda like Sei's mom? 0_o
I personally started having flashbacks to Space Yamada.
Deacon Blues

For those interested, there's a manga version that came out in Gundam Ace with a new cast of characters. It's quite... 0_o to say the least.
Sume Gai

And episode 4

minor notes:
Spoiler
-Kirara turns out to be rather a lie, cheating in order to win for the sake of attention. (I almost sympathize but sabotaging the Build Strike really pissed me off)
-The Crimson Comet seems to be more Char than anticipated, a secret Identity (possibly related to the very origin of Gunpla battles?)
-Ral is a bit of a creeper this episode, hanging out in a park and dragging China into the arena despite her protests
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern