Valvrave the Liberator thread Mk II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
ShadowCell

Valvrave the Liberator thread Mk II

thirty pages, new thread, etc
yazi88 wrote:Well, season 2 picks up right where season 1 left off although that cliffhanger fight ended rather early.

Of course, the best part of Valvrave, more SAKI!!! I'm rooting for you!
balofo

Re: Valvrave the Liberator thread Mk II

Awesome start, this is gonna be fun
Amion

I don't like the op theme, but mayhaps it will grow. Or maybe that's actually the ed, though given recent trending, it should be the opening...whatever.

After all we gets
Spoiler
a vampire order that...doesn't do much but sit on the sidelines or something or somesuch. Are they perhaps based in JIOR? Is that why the Magius are upset? I'm a bit confused since I'm fresh from watching and it hasn't sunk in yet, dense me. :mrgreen:

I hope I'm not the only one who's really enjoyed this episode. I think things are starting to get a bit more plot intensive. But really, did we need the previous thirteen episodes? I feel they could have been shortened considerably.

I also don't particularly believe we will be getting much in the way of the future where Saki and the L-elfish child are.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
bullethead

Was anyone else confused a bit by the post-ED scene?
Spoiler
Why did they rename the Dorssian guy and why did it sound like the guy's personality might have been altered when he didn't seem to behave all that differently besides a bit more confidence? And also, why was his rune symbol a four-leaf clover?
Destiny_Gundam

bullethead wrote:Was anyone else confused a bit by the post-ED scene?
Spoiler
Why did they rename the Dorssian guy and why did it sound like the guy's personality might have been altered when he didn't seem to behave all that differently besides a bit more confidence? And also, why was his rune symbol a four-leaf clover?
Well
Spoiler
biting people causes body jacking, remember?
I think this was a nice way to get back into things. Some mysteries are explained and the next arc is established. Bonus points for Haruto finding his resolve pretty quickly.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Strike Zero

Haruto: L-Elf... from now on, I'll feed on nobody but you.
Strike Zero: Teeheeheeheeheeheehee! :lol:

Yeah, let's just wait and see how well that one works out. :roll:

Anyway, I'm glad they picked up exactly where they left off -- for a bit, I was worried they were going to pull some sort of ONE YEAR LATER BS or somesuch. But nope, we were treated to a fight that was pretty ballin' for once, seeing as how it didn't just consist solely of "Valvraves fly through space and blow things up".

Not much else to say, other than this: it's nice to see that if things don't happen to work out between Shoko and Haruto (oh please, God, make it so) she at least has good ol' L-Elf to fall back on. 8)
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Deacon Blues

"Eh..."

That's about all I can say about this series. There's too much going on. Maybe I should read the novelization instead... @_@
Arbiter GUNDAM

Strike Zero wrote:it's nice to see that if things don't happen to work out between Shoko and Haruto (oh please, God, make it so) she at least has good ol' L-Elf to fall back on. 8)
wait, what? Did I miss something? Mayhaps I need to go back and watch the last season again...
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
stagrider

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:
Strike Zero wrote:it's nice to see that if things don't happen to work out between Shoko and Haruto (oh please, God, make it so) she at least has good ol' L-Elf to fall back on. 8)
wait, what? Did I miss something? Mayhaps I need to go back and watch the last season again...
No you didn't. People like to say there is something between L-Elf and Shouko based on his reactions to her treating him like she treats every other person.
Compass

These mecha fights really feel kinda sluggish after MJP _-_
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Amion

Finally someone says it! I was about to during my own post, but thought it was time to give it a rest since some of the viewers of Valvrave didn't pick up MJP (The misguided heathens) :evil: But you're absolutely right, compared to MJP, the mecha action is simply slow, poorly animated, and dull. What I wouldn't give for Jiart to have been warped there a la dimensional gate explosion, and wreak havoc. :twisted:

But then, L-Elf would come up with something.

This episode was great I thought, it really feels like the world is coming together and making sense. I just wish we hadn't had thirteen episodes of wasted time. Oh well, here's to the order of vampires/rune people.

I'm also assuming the Valvraves turned Haruto into something different from what the Magius are, we've already seen Cain can become a green super seiyen.

I doubt the triple spike mark on the magiuses and it being on Haruto's cells means nothing, if anything he's probably more powerful I'd say. And if Plo is responsible for Cain going into said seiyen mode, Haruto is charged up by Avatar-chan. I assume that means he'd be more capable than the four leaf clovers out there. Gee, now I'm going to think of vampire societies every time I see a clover. Thank you Valvrave. :|
wielder

The thing is, expecting every other 3D mecha show to be animated or choreographed like Majestic Prince is like expecting every other 2D Super Robot show to be animated or choreographed like Gurren Lagann.

It's a nice hope, on paper, but a very unrealistic expectation that will lead to instant disappointment.

Orange was the studio that did the 3D for Majestic Prince. They have nothing to do with Valvrave.

Specialized companies have their own proprietary 3D techniques, software and so on. It's not standardized.

That said, I think the 3D work here is just fine for the show's purposes and the mecha look good in action.
Soul Eater, the True Rune
Amion

I'm not expecting Valvrave to hold a candle to MJP's 3D, only that after watching it, Valvrave's isn't as exciting.
nacho-wan

Wow loved this episode. Kind of gets things in high gear pretty much from the start. I liked how Haruto runs through most of the Valvrave armaments before being rap... or whatever for unit 2.

I'm surprised at Haruto's resolve; not only he did allow L-elf and the teacher to run tests on him, but he passed on Saki at a time when the choise seemed simple. I don't think that hs agreement with L-Elft would hold. Now does that mean that our super strategist gets Valveristic powers.

The thing I'm looking forward is to the children of the unit two -which kind of remain me of G1 Transformers dunno. That and more Saki flair!
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Mythgarr

So Unit Two basically left uncompleted?
And how on Earth can Dorussia adapt Valvrave's techs so quickly and put into mass production? How many months have we skipped since the kidnapping of Unit 2 and the mass production of its "children" ?
Visit The Dreams
Amion

Mythgarr wrote:So Unit Two basically left uncompleted?
And how on Earth can Dorussia adapt Valvrave's techs so quickly and put into mass production? How many months have we skipped since the kidnapping of Unit 2 and the mass production of its "children" ?
Aren't the machines Cain's standing over within the Magius facilities? My bet is that now that hte Chancellor is a member of the Council of 102, he gets membership goodies like powerful mock-Valvrave units.

Or was that in the same place as the training with the head simulator thing? If so than they could still have been transported there. I'm sure the episode could have skipped a few days or so, but this is all assumption on my part.

At the least, we still don't know how powerful the new Dorssian mecha will be. They might end up easily outclassed by the VVVs and require their pilots to make up the difference with skill. That said, we know that the school kids are all talented hand-picked individuals who'd make great pilots so I guess they'll be learning soon enough how to hold their own, now that individual mecha battles are on the way, and not waffe swarms.
Destiny_Gundam

It's been 2 months since Module 77 made it to the moon. Probably ample time to reverse engineer Unit 2.
Amion

Oh, I'd forgotten about that. I suppose Cain had to let the Dorrsians get a look, no wonder the Magius were angry.
Wellman

I had a question if Cain was Magius why he let the Dorrsians get as close as they did if they knew or suspected about the Valvraves but I need to remember to stop thinking watching this show.

Haruto's character is progressing which is nice, although feeding only on L-Elf... don't want to think about the implications of that although maybe the rapey bits are exclusive for other Magius when feeding on another.
Destiny_Gundam

They were unhappy that Dorrsian leader dude was trying to get his hands on the Valvraves. Doesn't mean they didn't want them for themselves, though.