The Gundam SEED DESTINY Remaster Thread Mk II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
monster

Re: The Gundam SEED DESTINY Remaster Thread Mk II

Sume Gai wrote:Patrick's first two targets with GENESIS were military as well, the attacking fleet and the previous war's Federation lunar base. Durandal all but told us he'd be going for Orb or Scandinavia next and in Zala's case his citizens were actually in immediate danger from nuclear warheads (something the Plants under Durandal have a perfect counter for). Right after that Zala started ranting and raving about vaporizing the earth though. Different words, same actions with s;lightly -less- justification behind them.
And Zala about to fire that third shot is exactly what separates Durandal from him. Yes, Durandal said he will deal with Orb later (which, again, was in a private setting), but until he does more than fire at an oncoming military targets, it still does not put him on the same level as Azrael, Zala, Le Creuset, and Dibril. Beside, there is more than one way to deal with Orb.
If you mean Requiem's existence was a representation of the previous status quo and how messed up it was; that's all the more reason not to use it. Abstaining from using Neo GENESIS and Requiem publicly would represent a definitive break from his predecessors who threw those things around like candy. Even if the Federation was likely to attack another leader with a super weapon isn't likely to convince the majority o the world that still hadn't decided to join the Destiny Plan.
Durandal is showing that such things exist because of the conflict. His argument is that, with the Destiny Plan, there wouldn't be conflict and he wouldn't have needed to build the Neo-GENESIS and the Neutron Stampeder, and even use the Requiem.
Arbiter GUNDAM

I'm not going to argue the finer points of Durandal but it does feel a little forced to me when he starts doing his Emperor Palpatine routine.

In any case, episodes 5-9. These episodes were actually really good. The action was great and I could see why people thought this series might have been better than SEED. Alas for the red ZAKU however for dealing with a Gundam dog in space. :D
A few points--

1. Is the same composer working on this series? All of a sudden the music feels like it's out of some Wagnerian opera. Not really what I like in the background as giant robits beat each other up.
2. I really liked the fragments of Junius 7 falling on Earth; very big and dramatic.
3. Shinn's constant snarking at Cagalli and her inability to snap back at him is getting tiresome. Oh look, we're back at ORB and... oh frak it's Yuna. This is where it all falls apart, isn't it?
4. For as much as I hate them, Yuna and Unato Seiran actually have some valid points. Cagalli can go MUH IDEALS all she wants but the reality is that the whole world will turn against them again if they refuse to at least act like they're against the PLANTs. I just wish it was more of a "the Seirans have the council in their pocket; I'm basically powerless," instead of a confused girl who doesn't seem to have learned thing one about politics in the last two or so years.

More later.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Sume Gai

monster wrote:And Zala about to fire that third shot is exactly what separates Durandal from him. Yes, Durandal said he will deal with Orb later (which, again, was in a private setting), but until he does more than fire at an oncoming military targets, it still does not put him on the same level as Azrael, Zala, Le Creuset, and Djibril. Beside, there is more than one way to deal with Orb.
It doesn't matter whether he said those things in private or public, that he intended to destroy Orb and did not hesitate to use Requiem (and even commissioned Neo GENESIS) are facts. He didn't jump straight to the third shot like war-weary, vengeance-driven Patrick Zala but I have absolutely no doubt he would have, given how he started acting in the final arc.
Durandal is showing that such things exist because of the conflict. His argument is that, with the Destiny Plan, there wouldn't be conflict and he wouldn't have needed to build the Neo-GENESIS and the Neutron Stampeder, and even use the Requiem.
The only weapon that is justified as a means of self defense is the Neutron Stampeder. It's the only weapon who's possession means the difference between survival and annihilation for his people (denial of Requiem to his enemies would be important but that could be achieved via destruction much more easily than capture). Neo GENESIS and Requiem only have one function, to utterly annihilate whatever their master desires.

If he intends to permanently end the conflict that birthed such weapons its pretty hypocritical to use said weapons to create and maintain that peace. Beyond that the unnecessary control and use of such weapons are what gave his only remaining enemies the cause to attack him.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
monster

Sume Gai wrote:It doesn't matter whether he said those things in private or public, that he intended to destroy Orb and did not hesitate to use Requiem (and even commissioned Neo GENESIS) are facts. He didn't jump straight to the third shot like war-weary, vengeance-driven Patrick Zala but I have absolutely no doubt he would have, given how he started acting in the final arc.
It does matter because, as far as everyone else is concerned, he has yet to make an unprovoked attack against whole civilian areas.
The only weapon that is justified as a means of self defense is the Neutron Stampeder. It's the only weapon who's possession means the difference between survival and annihilation for his people (denial of Requiem to his enemies would be important but that could be achieved via destruction much more easily than capture). Neo GENESIS and Requiem only have one function, to utterly annihilate whatever their master desires.
Think of the US in WW2. They were winning against Japan and yet they still dropped 2 atomic bombs on Japan to end the war better for them. Yet, I don't think you can compare the President at the time (I forgot who it was) to the likes of Zala.
If he intends to permanently end the conflict that birthed such weapons its pretty hypocritical to use said weapons to create and maintain that peace. Beyond that the unnecessary control and use of such weapons are what gave his only remaining enemies the cause to attack him.
Ending a conflict and preventing a conflict are two different things. Destiny Plan is of the latter kind, which has nothing to do with the first.

And yeah, that's an added bonus, because now Durandal has a reason to attack Orb and its allies since they made the first move.
Arbiter GUNDAM

5. The battle at the PLANTs was pretty awesome and Dearka and Yzak get a little more screen time. I think they also added in Shiho Hahnenfuss in the Remaster? Blue Cosmos tries the 'ole Duke Nukem routine but ZAFT used Neutron Stampeder! It's SUPER EFFECTIVE!!
6. Any last shred of interest I had in Djbril as a villain has evaporated with his little temper tantrum. C'mon LOGOS, did you really think that ZAFT would have not thought up a defense for a nuclear missile attack since the last war? Especially since they, you know, INVENTED THE FRAKKING N-JAMMERS?

And the President you're thinking of is Roosevelt. ;)

Also, karate Murrue is hot. :)

--Freyja Wion
monster

Actually, it looks like it was his successor, Truman, but thanks anyway.
Arbiter GUNDAM

monster wrote:Actually, it looks like it was his successor, Truman, but thanks anyway.
Ah yes, you're right. My WW2 history seems to have gotten a tad rusty. :(

--Freyja Wion
HellCat

In a way, I can see Patrick as better than Gilbert. Sure Patrick wanted genocide but it seemed mainly out of revenge for his wife and his rise to power came from riding a wave of others in PLANT coming to side with him other what the Alliance did. Anyone could see what Patrick was.

Gilbert is far more sneaky and constantly used people to push things in the direction he felt was needed to go public with the Destiny Plan. A woman was at the heart of his drive too but the amount of lives he was willing to use and abuse for a supposed greater good....The fact Gilbert was willing to sacrifice a PLANT kinda clinches it.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Sume Gai

monster wrote:It does matter because, as far as everyone else is concerned, he has yet to make an unprovoked attack against whole civilian areas.
No it doesn't, whether everyone knew ahead of time or not doesn't change his intent or actions. In fact it almost makes matters worse that he didn't issue an ultimatum to his enemies.
Think of the US in WW2. They were winning against Japan and yet they still dropped 2 atomic bombs on Japan to end the war better for them. Yet, I don't think you can compare the President at the time (I forgot who it was) to the likes of Zala.
Did I say our use of nuclear weapons was 100% justified in WW2? Regardless, There are a number of mitigating factors then that simply aren't present in this situation. The Japanese continued to reject any peace offers and declare their intent to fight to the bitter end, something left ambiguous with the Federation. The US also issued ultimatums about our intent to use these weapons, they may have been secretive and vague but it was more than Gilbert gave his opponents. Unfortunately because no one really understood the impact of nuclear weapons as yet these warnings went unheeded and the US proceeded to use the bombs. The effects and power of Requiem on the other hand were understood so Gilbert cannot claim ignorance nor are the Federation leaders likely to dismiss the threat.

Unless I'm mistaken Durandal also willfully ignored an attempt to contact him from Copland. The President everyone called a coward repeatedly throughout the series. He didn't even give the man a chance to surrender before blowing him up.

You are right on one count though, I definitely wouldn't compare Zala to Truman, but I would be even less likely to compare Durandal to Truman.
Ending a conflict and preventing a conflict are two different things. Destiny Plan is of the latter kind, which has nothing to do with the first.
Yeah ZAFT repaired (and possibly upgraded) Requiem for the sole purpose of ending an already won conflict; I rather doubt it. All using Requiem did was continue the cycle Durandal professed an intent to break, 'ending' one war and starting another with Orb.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

monster

Sume Gai wrote:No it doesn't, whether everyone knew ahead of time or not doesn't change his intent or actions. In fact it almost makes matters worse that he didn't issue an ultimatum to his enemies.
Of course it does, as it affects his public image. Isn't that what we're talking about? My point is that Durandal could still manipulate the media to justify his action in front of the public regardless of his true intentions.
Unless I'm mistaken Durandal also willfully ignored an attempt to contact him from Copland. The President everyone called a coward repeatedly throughout the series. He didn't even give the man a chance to surrender before blowing him up.
You don't offer surrender by launching a fleet of warships.
You are right on one count though, I definitely wouldn't compare Zala to Truman, but I would be even less likely to compare Durandal to Truman.
Well, you don't have to compare Truman and Durandal in detail, but Durandal could make the case that he wasn't going to eliminate the entire Atlantic Federation, which is what Truman could also say about Japan, but not what Zala could say about the Atlantic Federation, or even Earth. That's the only point of comparison I'm trying to make between the three. Using a weapon of mass destruction, regardless of justification, is not the same as the intent to destroy an entire country/race/planet. Even Durandal's statement of dealing with Orb doesn't mean that he is going to destroy the entire country.
Yeah ZAFT repaired (and possibly upgraded) Requiem for the sole purpose of ending an already won conflict; I rather doubt it. All using Requiem did was continue the cycle Durandal professed an intent to break, 'ending' one war and starting another with Orb.
Regardless of their victory status, a conflict isn't finished as long as both sides are still willing to fight, and starting a war with Orb is a calculated risk so that Durandal could finish off his major opponents early on and then finally get around to his Destiny Plan, which he believes will ultimately break the cycle and be beneficial for all humanity, including those in the Atlantic Federation and Orb.

Oh, and let's just make it clear that I'm not saying I agree with Durandal, and I do view him as a villain. I'm just saying that I don't see this sudden change you speak of where he is suddenly just Zala 2.0. Yes, he used a weapon of mass destruction, but he still could manipulate the media and give justification for his action up to that point, unlike Zala who clearly just wants to eliminate all Naturals.
Sume Gai

monster wrote:Of course it does, as it affects his public image. Isn't that what we're talking about? My point is that Durandal could still manipulate the media to justify his action in front of the public regardless of his true intentions.
Guess what, so far as we know he never tried to justify the use of Requiem to anyone. That he's willing to do this so suddenly without covering his bases -is- exactly what I'm complaining about. It's exactly what makes him Zala 2.0 in my book. He's jumping to increasingly extreme measures and no longer shows any apparent interest in his public image.
You don't offer surrender by launching a fleet of warships.

That doesn't mean you ignore a diplomatic call and blast a still distant threat with your super weapon. Even if a peaceful solution seems unlikely you still give your opponents the option. Zala was also resistant to offering or considering diplomatic solutions.
Well, you don't have to compare Truman and Durandal in detail, but Durandal could make the case that he wasn't going to eliminate the entire Atlantic Federation, which is what Truman could also say about Japan, but not what Zala could say about the Atlantic Federation, or even Earth. That's the only point of comparison I'm trying to make between the three.
I imagine Truman would have justified his actions as a means to end the ongoing war above all else. I very much doubt he cared half as much about the Japanese lives that would be spared as the US solders who wouldn't die on X-Day. For both Durandal and Zala their actions indicate a similar but twisted variation. In the end they both intended to end conflict by utterly annihilating anyone who they perceived as a threat. For Patrick, this was a natural progression of his character slipping off the deep end but for Durandal this was a major shift that was artificially accelerated in the last arc.
Using a weapon of mass destruction, regardless of justification, is not the same as the intent to destroy an entire country/race/planet.
Perhaps not, but it is an incredibly overt antagonistic act that feels out of place to the character we met at the start of Destiny. The guy who repeatedly pleaded for public calm and worked tirelessly to maintain good PR.
Even Durandal's statement of dealing with Orb doesn't mean that he is going to destroy the entire country.
Once the fighting with Orb got started Durandal didn't hesitate to target Orb directly, not the fleets of ships already harassing him, but the Earth bound country instead. The biggest difference between that and Zala's final attempted shot with GENESIS is a matter of scale.
Regardless of their victory status, a conflict isn't finished as long as both sides are still willing to fight, and starting a war with Orb is a calculated risk so that Durandal could finish off his major opponents early on and then finally get around to his Destiny Plan, which he believes will ultimately break the cycle and be beneficial for all humanity, including those in the Atlantic Federation and Orb.
Orb wasn't really a threat till he gave them a reason to attack. Sure they didn't support the Destiny plan but, so what? They're a small island nation that can be easily excluded (and Scandinavia wasn't brought up outside the random name drop). If he's afraid they'd rally some kind of anti-Destiny coalition there are more effective means to counter them than giving them the chance to be the good guys.
Oh, and let's just make it clear that I'm not saying I agree with Durandal, and I do view him as a villain. I'm just saying that I don't see this sudden change you speak of where he is suddenly just Zala 2.0. Yes, he used a weapon of mass destruction, but he still could manipulate the media and give justification for his action up to that point, unlike Zala who clearly just wants to eliminate all Naturals.
Zala probably could have justified his actions to his own citizens pretty easily due to the imminent threat of nuclear annihilation. Of course he doesn't try once the crazy train he's riding hits full speed and he orders the annihilation of Earth.

Durandal likewise stops caring about justifying his actions. Once Djibril's out of the picture and the Destiny Plan is made public, he no longer feels the need to try and maintain his public image. Blast the dregs of the AF and provoke Orb into a final showdown.

Also I would point out Durandal still has good reason to care about his public image while Zala does not. Zala is in sight of his ultimate goal and once the deed is done wouldn't need to worry about anything else while Durandal still has to actually set up and maintain his Destiny Plan.

Silver_August

WELL, having watched the latest episode, I gotta say this was by far one of the WORST cases of showcasing how stupid it is to launch the Impulse in 4 pieces - yes shinn, go out in 4 easy to target pieces while a 100 meter death machine is walking around spamming lasers in all directions, anyone else would've been shot to pieces and if this were Victory he probably would've lost the leg then they'd scramble to send out a new pair, lol.

Sting got SO ripped off in this episode it's...laughibly sad, his gundam was forgettable and he lost to a squad of Marasame's, it's like they forgot he has Phase Shift Armor, lordie even both the other Extended at least died to the hands of a main character!

I gotta love how even during times like these, the Strike Rouge does jack! most we get to see if a backshot of it, ...least it's showing off that Ootori backpack! haha.

I will say the situations with Stella is definitely an interesting one, as much as Shinn blames Kira, the end result was ultimately unavoidible because if Kira wasn't there, the death count would be WAY higher, Neo would've never gotten shot down - thus never taken by the Archangel, and Stella, assuming ZAFT was successful and were able to....re-capture Stella, she would've probably been executed or there'd be some kind of demand for it - either way she pretty much signed her life away the moment she was placed in the Destroy.

For most part she was already metaphorically drowning in anxiety when her fear of Death kept triggering, even if Kira wasn't there, she likely would've snapped again just upon realizing the body count, though losing Neo probably was the last thread that made her go mental.

Her last words to Shinn were just cruel though, she (in a better written show) unknowingly has sent Shinn down a very dark path where he's yet again failed to protect someone he cares about, effectively being punished for giving a dang about someone, and one way or another is exactly where Durandal wants him to end up.

Overall ...all the Extended group are finished off in 1 episode, and now...the fun begins.
monster

Sume Gai wrote:Guess what, so far as we know he never tried to justify the use of Requiem to anyone. That he's willing to do this so suddenly without covering his bases -is- exactly what I'm complaining about. It's exactly what makes him Zala 2.0 in my book. He's jumping to increasingly extreme measures and no longer shows any apparent interest in his public image.
Or maybe he doesn't need to. See my earlier comment about how the AF/LOGOS has a bad reputation.
That doesn't mean you ignore a diplomatic call and blast a still distant threat with your super weapon.
It could mean that. After all, action speaks louder than words, so the AF's action is a priority.
I imagine Truman would have justified his actions as a means to end the ongoing war above all else. I very much doubt he cared half as much about the Japanese lives that would be spared as the US solders who wouldn't die on X-Day. For both Durandal and Zala their actions indicate a similar but twisted variation. In the end they both intended to end conflict by utterly annihilating anyone who they perceived as a threat. For Patrick, this was a natural progression of his character slipping off the deep end but for Durandal this was a major shift that was artificially accelerated in the last arc.
Uh, Durandal also ended an ongoing war with that one shot. You don't see him continue trying to eradicate the rest of the AF, which is what Zala tried to do. So Durandal is still closer to Truman in that respect than to Zala.
Perhaps not, but it is an incredibly overt antagonistic act that feels out of place to the character we met at the start of Destiny. The guy who repeatedly pleaded for public calm and worked tirelessly to maintain good PR.
And as I said above, his PR isn't necessarily damaged by this move.
Once the fighting with Orb got started Durandal didn't hesitate to target Orb directly, not the fleets of ships already harassing him, but the Earth bound country instead. The biggest difference between that and Zala's final attempted shot with GENESIS is a matter of scale.
When was this? Durandal was talking to Shinn and Rey when the fighting started. I don't see him ordering the Requiem to be fired, especially since the relay stations wouldn't have been ready even if he wanted to fire.
Orb wasn't really a threat till he gave them a reason to attack. Sure they didn't support the Destiny plan but, so what? They're a small island nation that can be easily excluded (and Scandinavia wasn't brought up outside the random name drop). If he's afraid they'd rally some kind of anti-Destiny coalition there are more effective means to counter them than giving them the chance to be the good guys.
It's probably a means to get rid of Lacus/Kira during battle rather than suffer through their continued resistance against his Plan.
Zala probably could have justified his actions to his own citizens pretty easily due to the imminent threat of nuclear annihilation. Of course he doesn't try once the crazy train he's riding hits full speed and he orders the annihilation of Earth.

Durandal likewise stops caring about justifying his actions. Once Djibril's out of the picture and the Destiny Plan is made public, he no longer feels the need to try and maintain his public image. Blast the dregs of the AF and provoke Orb into a final showdown.

Also I would point out Durandal still has good reason to care about his public image while Zala does not. Zala is in sight of his ultimate goal and once the deed is done wouldn't need to worry about anything else while Durandal still has to actually set up and maintain his Destiny Plan.
Again, there is no reason to believe Durandal gained any bad image considering who he targeted. In fact, not only his own citizens, but the citizens of those other nations oppressed by the AF/LOGOS would probably agree with his actions up to that point.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Episodes 10-13

Well this finishes off the first cour of the series and I gotta say, despite all my lingering resentment, these episodes weren't all that bad. 'Course now that we're up to this point in the show, you can see where things are starting to unravel at least on a few points.

Episode 10: Not much here. It's amusing to see fake Lacus calm the rage of the people. Also, is it just me or is that scene with the intro of the Savior carbon-copied from the Freedom intro?

Episode 11: Nice to se that although Yzak is still prickly, he's matured over the years. Too bad they're not going to get to do much else over the rest of the series. Yuna is like Lynn Kaifun: I want to reach through the screen and punch him in the face. Oh Cagalli, what happened to you? Also amusing to see Andy pull a Secret Agent Man, warning the Minerva of what's up in ORB. You know what would have been cool in this series? If he and Murrue got together.

Episode 12: Show of hands please for Yuna selling the Minerva out to the Alliance? I see we're all in agreement. :D Shinn finally gets to strut his stuff here but I still can't help but not care that much about the Impulse. It's just a slightly different looking Strike to me. By the way, what's the female opposite of emasculation?

Episode 13: AKA Freedom Returns! This was a pretty cool episode but also had some odd stuff. Murrue gets to use kung-fu which is awesome, but Andy's hand gun almost looks... comical? Just looks like a giant desert eagle barrel stuck on his forearm. How does his hand work? Seems hollow. The music in this episode also sounds like it escaped from a Super Nintendo or a Sega Genesis. I liked the irony of Kira using his 1337 skillz to disable the ASSH suits but then they all self-detonate anyway. LOL. You know, I have to wonder how the reception would have been if they'd actually had the balls to kill of Lacus?
Time for the wedding crashers eh? Oh and how did no one in the ORB military or government not catch wind of a MS battle on their shores?

Oh and the Lunamaria panty shot? I know that was totally fanservice, but I also like to think that it demosnstrates why a REAL military would never let Luna wear that miniskirt. :D

--Freyja Wion
Arbiter GUNDAM

Episodes 14-18

Oh boy, this IS where everything unravels....

Episode 14: I'm sure I'll rant at length about this episode on the 'ole podcast but holy crap this episode irks the crap out of me. I think I've found a new addition to the Top 5 Worst Episodes of Gundam list. Now I'll have to check but I honestly think this episode is 1/3 flashbacks! And the wedding! It's just.... sooooooo cliche. Are Fukuda and Morosawa fans of Final Fantasy or something? Dammit Cagalli, where is your spine?! I'm starting to believe those stories that what happened to Cagalli in Destiny is because of the supposed fighting between Morosawa and Naomi Shindo. And wow, is Yuna a coward or what? He is exactly what I think Lynn Kaifun would be if he wasn't a pacifist.

Episode 15: I'm actually up to episode 23 at the moment and 15 illustrates a point about a pattern I've been seeing in Destiny ever since 14: Have an action episode, then a non-action one. Maybe two non-action eps, or an ep where the action just gets started but then we have to wait until next week for the meat and potatoes. Also, Rey playing the piano: single biggest character moment he's had in 15 episodes. What is even the point of him? Also, I'm not overfond of this harem that's developing around Athrun. I used to think it was kind of a joke but now...

Episode 16: Not much here. Shinn mouths off as usual and our heroes (at least for now) mix it up with the Extendeds again.

Episode 17: You know, for the work they did on the SEED remaster, some of these Destiny episodes are still REALLY wasteful of time. This episode has a ton of recap at the start, so much so that the REAL episode doesn't start until 4:20!! DA FRAK?!
I feel like at this point the writers weren't sure what to do with the Archangel, besides not wanting it to move away from Athrun and the Minerva characters. Shouldn't they be trying to figure out where those ASSH suits came from and/or smuggling Cagalli back into Orb or something?

Episode 18: This was actually a really good episode surprisingly. The last good episode of Destiny perhaps? :D Almost like the Star Wars: A New Hope of Gundam. The only thing I didn't like was Shinn's attitude. Unfortunately, that's not going away anytime soon, is it?

--Freyja Wion
HellCat

They don't really seem to be remastering anything bar new fanservice and changing Cagalli's Striker to push the new MG. It's all a bit false advertising.
Silver_August

The show looks A LOT cleaner, I can give it that much, seeing the comparisons its like...wow the old ones looked muddy, but yeah...here's hoping and dreaming they're saving it all for the finale? lol

Honestly at this point its a countdown to see what they do with that ending to make it TV sized and not end the way it infamously did originally.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

HellCat wrote:They don't really seem to be remastering anything bar new fanservice and changing Cagalli's Striker to push the new MG. It's all a bit false advertising.
Well it was pretty much the same deal with Seed...with the exception of the slight change of Kira killing Nicole Seed pretty much was the same deal.

Destiny so far has just added some fan-service, ect...but it has cleaned up some battes, reduced the stock footage a little, and done SOME thing things as a improvement. But I never really went into this remaster expecting great changes and thus, I am getting pretty much what I expected.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Xenosynth

I think the keyword is REMASTER, not REMAKE. If they were calling it a REMAKE or a director's cut or something I could feel a bit more bleh about them not adding in new scenes/remaking entire scenes, but technically, most REMASTERS just upscale the visuals to make them more modern, they don't necessarily add in new scenes or redraw scenes from scratch. So the fact we get anything really is better than what they could be doing, in my opinion.
HellCat

I dunno, there just seems to have been a more active effort with SEED. Sure it was only the odd scene redrawn in HD but it was something. This time there's barely any difference and it feels like a cheap cash in on the work they put in putting a new shine on the first series.