The Gundam SEED DESTINY Remaster Thread Mk II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Silver_August

Re: The Gundam SEED DESTINY Remaster Thread Mk II

Wait really? Kira & the super friends were only intervening in Orb battles? That ain't gonna stop the war! lol Damn it Kira!
monster

Silver_August wrote:Wait really? Kira & the super friends were only intervening in Orb battles? That ain't gonna stop the war! lol Damn it Kira!
Who says anything about stopping a war?
HellCat wrote:Vagan was making entire colonies vanish, comitting massacres and per a report in episode one abducting Federation citizens. Yes there was a conspiracy to limit Earth response to some degree but that doesn't really explain the apathy fully. In contrast Celestial Being introduce themselves by humiliating two of the major powers (making a mockery of the AEU's new suit/revealing they were in violation of a treaty and saving guests the HRL had invited from a terrorist attack the super power had barely launched against by the time it was over) and then make a very public decree of their organization and intent. That worked wonders to get the three powers saber rattling whilst the Vagan were being treated as something akin to Somalian pirate abductions.
Obviously the Celestial Being's initial targets were more important to the respective governments than the Vagan's initial targets.
Amion

Sad to say, it's true about the AGE Federation. Obviously losing colonies now and again was no big deal :P .
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
latenlazy

Amion wrote:Sad to say, it's true about the AGE Federation. Obviously losing colonies now and again was no big deal :P .
Isn't the point supposed to be that it should be? :D
Amion

Well sure, if you were a colonist. A bigwig on Earth is a totally different story. I'd say their souls were pulled down by gravity, but it just looks like they were totally inept.

I see your point though. :lol: Ah, Hino.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

I forgot how much I loved the 3rd ending. It is easily one of my favorite endings in Gundam...
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
pk-man
Location: receiving faxes in the washroom, on Deck 9 aboard White Base

They should just devote an entire ending and opening to Meer running.
latenlazy

Shinn holding down Stella in that med-bed...lots of misunderstood gifs can spring from that :twisted: . Perhaps I was too young to understand this during Destiny's first run, or maybe I just forgot.
Soma Taozi wrote:I forgot how much I loved the 3rd ending. It is easily one of my favorite endings in Gundam...
No matter what I say about the plot, the music for Destiny never disappointed.
azrael

latenlazy wrote:No matter what I say about the plot, the music for Destiny never disappointed.
Until we got to the last quarter of the series' opening theme. I hope they replace it with Final Plus' opening ("Vestige" by TM Revolution).
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."
Arsarcana

The song itself wasn't bad, it just felt really out of place as the opening for the last quarter of a show like GSD.
Amion

azrael wrote:
latenlazy wrote:No matter what I say about the plot, the music for Destiny never disappointed.
Until we got to the last quarter of the series' opening theme. I hope they replace it with Final Plus' opening ("Vestige" by TM Revolution).
Oh how it was. That ending practically heralded the moment Destiny went sour for me, or perhaps a little afterward. I was like, what? Really? We get hyper J-pop up to that point and now we're treated to this?! I finally started realizing the statements that the show ended bad were not merely haters hating.
Silver_August

I haven't watched the new episode yet because I'm waiting till I can get the BIGGG wide screen and watch it off that...but I will say that the last ending theme in the orginal series without a doubt signaled the "we're spiraling down hill at the speed of sound!" alarm

....I do kind of like Wings of Words though...I dunno why I really don't ..but sometimes I'm just in a mood to hear that smooth jazzy beat, I kind of get what the song's somber tone was trying to go for but.. yeah

Let's hope (and probably be denied) that Vestiage replaes it...if this remaster were tallered for audiences outside Japan, it COULD happen..but I dunno if japan audiences liked Wings of Words or not......or if the people in charge would even care lol
latenlazy

Wings of Words was very popular in Japan. Or at least, it seems to be a karaoke favourite.
iCards

I was able to find singles of the last 12 episodes at a local hobby store and a cheap($15 new on Amazon) copy of Final Plus, and I have to say there were only 2 things I really didn't like about them.
Spoiler
Wings of Words, got used to it but still not a Gundam OP, and the original episode 50.

When I first saw episode 50 back when I was 15 even I could get the sense it was rushed. Messiah exploded and that was it. Final Plus corrected some of what I felt. It fleshed out the fight just a bit more and gave some descent closure to Shinn. SEED would need another "chance" to see where Shinn took himself after that Memorial.

As much as fans complain about the final MS battle being anti-climatic, which for a Gundam series it was, to me there was more tension between the 5 way stand off after the MS battle. I guess due to Kira and Durandal being the physical representation of the final conflict, "Freedom of Choice" vs "Predetermined Destiny", respectively, and boy was the Future Chosen alright.
I am interested in what my FINAL thoughts will be once I have ALL of the episodes connected in my head.
HellCat

Speaking of where to watch, I'm glad Gundam.info has seemingly started allowing the episodes to be watched on mobile devices. Sometimes it's kind of nice to be able to watch an episode in bed via tablet as opposed to sat at the computer.

Maybe not so with the horrors of the Extended lab though. Makes me ponder how many times Gundam has tried to play horror rather than tragedy.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
iCards

HellCat wrote:Speaking of where to watch, I'm glad Gundam.info has seemingly started allowing the episodes to be watched on mobile devices. Sometimes it's kind of nice to be able to watch an episode in bed via tablet as opposed to sat at the computer.

Maybe not so with the horrors of the Extended lab though. Makes me ponder how many times Gundam has tried to play horror rather than tragedy.
Zeta Gundam's Gassed colony stands out, imagine that with 2013 animation.
HellCat

I love that they had fun with that in A New Translation, where it gets repurposed as video footage and they drop a comment that the head chose to fall off EXACTLY when a camera was on it :P
But yeah, I imagine if that was revisited today you'd probably get something pretty nightmarish.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Arsarcana

How about Bernie's death? It's not shown but the imagery is pretty nighmarish without having to show you anything, especially if you have an overactive imagination. Of course, I guess that's horror and tragedy so it might not meet your criteria.
Silver_August

Episode 26! ...it was a nice episode, I actually don't have a lot to say about it, I remember bits and pieces of it, but at the same time...hey! A Shinn episode! If only the series had more of this to explore Shinn's character since this is raising all sorts of flags that Shinn has an evident complex as he's basically making Stella fill the roll of his sister. In that regard I don't actually see them as a "couple" that's Lunamaria.....somehow cause yah this show isnt really establishing any connection there (yet) either.

Also I love Neo...his dialogue is also so refreshing and colorful compared to how dry some of the others can be.

OH! And is it just me or did they add the Minerva suits to the background in the ending? ...Also who's the black haired.....personnn..? with Nicol and the others at the start?

And last note...I love how TM Revolution's characters are standing beside eachother in the ending, haha.
monster

Silver_August wrote:Also who's the black haired.....personnn..? with Nicol and the others at the start?
I believe her name is Shiho (I don't know her last name). She appeared in the later part of SEED as part of Yzak's team. She went to space with Yzak and Rau.

I think she was created to be voiced by Nami Tamaki (one of SEED's and Destiny's OP/ED singers), but Nami refused or something.