The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk. I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
monster

Re: Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk. I

I would rather they just stick to winning the tournament. Either that, or make a supernatural stake. Either way, I hope they don't make this so integral to society that you start having police officers catching criminals by using gunpla battles. (I think that happened with the card game in that Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's series.)
Sume Gai

I'm honestly hoping they take the concept and run with it. Why stop halfway when you have moving, fighting plastic model kits? Besides it would be moderately cathartic to see a world that revolves around Gunpla.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Kuruni

The "villain" maybe just an organization who take the game too serious. Those who rig the game for victory, sort of. Like the villain from Zoids Slash Zero, or Iron Leaguer.
My girlfriend was a loli.
monster

Hmm, the familiar story of a fictional greedy corporation exploiting the passions of fictional fans everywhere, brought to you by the real life corporation who profits from real life fans.

Yeah, I think that's fine.
Xenosynth

Given the characters we've seen I don't think there will necessarily BE a villain in the normal respect. Rather just opponents to the cause of our main two. I dunno though, we'll see.

Random idea but it would have been kinda nice, given that this is a series about Gunpla, if they actually had done a contest for fans of Gundam to submit their models to be used in the show, maybe not by a main character but just to be animated as someone's custom MS. Though mainly that''s just because I would have tried my hardest to get a Xeku Eins or Ex-S in the anime somehow >_>

Here's hoping to many cameos!
YokozunaBulldozer

Here is how my year with Gundam Build Fighter will go...

Spoiler
....stories? WE DONT NEED NO STINKING STORIES! Shut up and take my money Bandai!

In all seriousness I know I will be enjoying this show regardless of how the story plays out as long as I get my serving of kitbashes be it good, bad, or ugly.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Amion

I would be very happy if they pulled a Zoids on us. Having a very serious group of gunpla battlers would be fun. Or maybe they could just be cheaters, and the heroes have to overcome their treacherous gameplay, something fun and entertaining while still being intriguing.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
HellCat

Something I am keen to see is how global it is. I noticed that good old London's Tower Bridge is in the trailer, so maybe a UK challenger will appear. I just hope it doesn't open the door to horrible stereotypes.

"Hi! We're the American team with freakishly big eyes, stars everywhere and an unchecked love for hamburgers and firearms! NICEU BABEH!"
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Silver_August

HellCat wrote:Something I am keen to see is how global it is. I noticed that good old London's Tower Bridge is in the trailer, so maybe a UK challenger will appear. I just hope it doesn't open the door to horrible stereotypes.

"Hi! We're the American team with freakishly big eyes, stars everywhere and an unchecked love for hamburgers and firearms! NICEU BABEH!"
A stereotype I would almost want to see just so I can laugh is if any american teams they face would focus purely on Gundam Wing kits, lol. But I doubt the show, if it has a "global world tour" kind of thing going on would be clever enough to make the different country's gunpla builders have a focus that reflects what was actually most popular there.
HellCat

The American team would be 5 Deathscythes and a Gouf Custom, with a Heavyarms on the sub bench.

Which is still better than the British team, where the captain is still trying to explain that Megazords and Transformers don't count for inclusion.
Sume Gai

national stereotyping in Gundam poppycock

It would amuse me immensely if the British team goes around saying gundamn all the time.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
HellCat

That reminds me, I really need to turn comments on that video off.

Actually, they should make a complete joke of it and say Britain is the only country the craze hasn't cracked. What will our heroes do when they face a 2 week stop over in this nightmarish land?
Silver_August

I wanna know who're the people going into these fights with SD knight gundams, lol
Kuruni

HellCat wrote:That reminds me, I really need to turn comments on that video off.

Actually, they should make a complete joke of it and say Britain is the only country the craze hasn't cracked. What will our heroes do when they face a 2 week stop over in this nightmarish land?
No, real problem is how they have to live on English food for two weeks. It's something that surely make even the greatest hero depressed.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Destiny_Gundam

HellCat wrote:"Hi! We're the American team with freakishly big eyes, stars everywhere and an unchecked love for hamburgers and firearms! NICEU BABEH!"
You mean Americans aren't actually like that? :shock:

Well the Lumber/Grizzly Gundam was in the trailer, so maybe some polite, well natured Cannuks will show up.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Silver_August

Hey, don't underestimate us canadians, we have powers, such as getting Gundam SEED/Destiny uncut on TV with their original openings and ending (also unaltered). We never got 00 though so don't expect our heroes to see many GN Sword XiV

I will note though...maybe it's not an obvious hint of the tone this series is going for, but the fact like.. all the characters in the preview were either frowning our just had a blank expression makes me wonder if this show's gonna take itself seriously or just run with it like it should ala Gunpla Builders.
HellCat

Something related to this- in the last year or so we've been seeing more English text in Gunpla. In particular, the Japanese characters on the sticker sheets have been replaced by the good old 1, 2, 3, etc. I'm assuming this is linked to plans to push Build Fighters globally, though goodness knows quite how well that will work.
bullethead

HellCat wrote:The American team would be 5 Deathscythes and a Gouf Custom, with a Heavyarms on the sub bench.
Nah, the American team would be 2 Heavyarms Customs with even more missiles, 2 Virtue Physicals, a GP-02 MLRS that carries a nuclear bazooka and shield, and a Xamel for suppression fire.

The team's strategy? Nuke the level and if the enemy/map survives, level it with overwhelming firepower.
Amion

:shock: Are we-is this the moment i've dreamed of? Fans happily engaging in fun in-world DISCUSSION!?! Where? When? How? No violent hate? Where's the hate? It's all happy speculation on our favorite mecha and their various abilities. Is this Pokemon? No controversy? No raging over the moral ethics of using incredible force? :shock: Let's throw in some wrenches. :twisted: (Looks for Strike) Gotta nip this in the bud while its young.

I wonder if using a whole team will have restrictions involved. Such as having only a certain number of heavy firepower types and which weapons are legal. I bet we could easily get some difficult to get sidestory manga/lightnovel revolving around more mature fights that have specific weapons banned or required and such.

Would the Xamel be qualified as a mobile suit? I mean, Bandai can't gunplafy it, they can't market it. Or can/have they in the past?0_O. Well, regardless, what would be a good defense against a team that relies on a brutal up-front barrage of missiles and artillery?

We should remember that Gundams are involved, and if there's any relation to what Gundarium and Gundanium are, missiles and standard weapons won't work. Imagining that armor is all generally affected by missiles, something with good anti-air fire or speed might work well. And eventually the Missile team has to run out of missiles, so then maybe moving in with a fast attack unit or two would help, coupled with artillery of their own.

Nukes in Build Fighter? I doubt it. If they do, we'll just send in the Big Zam. And once the Big Zam team is organized....
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
bullethead

Amion wrote:Would the Xamel be qualified as a mobile suit? I mean, Bandai can't gunplafy it, they can't market it. Or can/have they in the past?0_O.
Apparently, there was a B-Club Xamel kit: http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/YMS-16M_Xa ... L_pic3.jpg
Well, regardless, what would be a good defense against a team that relies on a brutal up-front barrage of missiles and artillery?
GN Fields, Mirage Colloid (to run away/not be targeted for bombardment), being a G Gundam kitbash (+50 to all stats and grants the kit Super Robot abilities).
We should remember that Gundams are involved, and if there's any relation to what Gundarium and Gundanium are, missiles and standard weapons won't work. Imagining that armor is all generally affected by missiles, something with good anti-air fire or speed might work well. And eventually the Missile team has to run out of missiles, so then maybe moving in with a fast attack unit or two would help, coupled with artillery of their own.
That's you equip the Heavyarms with beam gattlings :twisted:
Nukes in Build Fighter? I doubt it. If they do, we'll just send in the Big Zam. And once the Big Zam team is organized....
Oh god, if they let in the Big Zam, they'll have to let in all the other mobile armors. Just imagine what someone would do with a Gadelaza.