The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk. I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Amadi Akintunde

Re: Gundam BF

Overlord Zaru wrote:Gunpla Builders Future?

Please let this be a 50 episode series where the Gunpla users have to fight against evil coorperations trying to rule the economic world via Gunpla battles and grand prixs ala Beyblades or Zoids

please please
and the losers get turned into vegetables via newtype mind crush
balofo

another cool speculation

>Animated promotional tie in for Gundam Breaker video game of eight 15 minute episodes
>Will stream on Daisuki platform for all regions
>Features many "kitbashed" designs from various Gundam universes to coincide with video game mechanic
>Will also include original never before seen unused designs from various Gundam series
>1/144 product line to start in September
>New Wing Gundam re-design from Frozen Teardrop to be unveiled in show with DLC code for Gundam Breaker in model kit to be released in October features hybrid mix of TV version and EW design
>New Sazabi/Nightingale hybrid design to coincide with large Master Grade December announcement
domino

From the time I saw the promo-image, I started to think of Gundam Breaker so this speculation gets my thumbs-up (for whatever that's worth)

Could the "new Sazabi/Nightingale hybrid" actually be a reference to Full Frontal's new MS that was teased in Unicorn 6?
balofo

The biggest clue is that its referred to as a new video project and not a new animation

that's the same thing they said for Stargazer and the Astray promo clips
Xenosynth

Great Front is the story mode of Gundam Breaker.
Kyuzo Aoi

http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2013/06/a- ... andai.html

Nothing new except that the video will be released on b-ch as well.

I still mum on this issue but I have a hunch this is more than Gunpla.
I am a Gundam!
Outlaw

Kyuzo Aoi wrote:http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2013/06/a- ... andai.html

Nothing new except that the video will be released on b-ch as well.

I still mum on this issue but I have a hunch this is more than Gunpla.
Wow, outside of the backpack that Gundam is a retooled Strike. Seriously, if this thing doesn't have some direct connection to the Strike I'm going to be very surprised.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
HellCat

Only thing is that's fanart from Pixiv which a Japanese blog seems to have posted as news and which in turn was reposted by GG.

Sources, people!
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Outlaw

Well, I'm thankful to have been duped by fanart then.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
balofo

>New Wing Gundam re-design from Frozen Teardrop to be unveiled in show with DLC code for Gundam Breaker in model kit to be released in October features hybrid mix of TV version and EW design
semi-confirmation on this part of the rumour
HellCat

And with that, I feel confident shifting my stock to this indeed being a Gundam Breaker web tie in project.
RLZIII

balofo wrote:another cool speculation

>Animated promotional tie in for Gundam Breaker video game of eight 15 minute episodes
>Will stream on Daisuki platform for all regions
>Features many "kitbashed" designs from various Gundam universes to coincide with video game mechanic
>Will also include original never before seen unused designs from various Gundam series
>1/144 product line to start in September
>New Sazabi/Nightingale hybrid design to coincide with large Master Grade December announcement
With the announcement of the MG Wing Gundam Proto Zero, there are some people citing this rumor as truth. While I have to admit that the announcement of the Proto Zero was brought up here (in a similar way, not really exact), I don't think that necessarily solidifies the rest of the rumor. The biggest thing that stands out to me here is that Gundam Breaker was released today (June 27th); it would seem strange to have a series meant to promote this game coming out after the game itself. Logic would, in my opinion, say that BF would start before Gundam Breaker came out and continue after the game was released (so starting BF, say, a few weeks ago, releasing an episode a week), especially considering that generally a game's strongest sales are in the first week.

Of course the fact that the Proto Zero wasn't 100% predicted doesn't necessarily mean that the rest of this cannot come true. I just find it strange to think that Sunrise and Bandai would tie in the promotion this way.

Possibly connected: the Daisuki platform will be down for maintenance from July 1st at 4:00 PM (JST) and will come back online July 2nd at 9:00 AM (JST), just three hours before the Gundam BF announcement.
HellCat

Worth considering that if this will indeed all region stream, the same markets that can get Gunpla won't all be getting Breaker. Breaker itself surely exists to promote Gunpla but it's easier to stream a web series and convince fans the world over to combine $15 kits then it is to expect them to import and get much out of a Japanese language game.
RLZIII

HellCat wrote:Worth considering that if this will indeed all region stream, the same markets that can get Gunpla won't all be getting Breaker. Breaker itself surely exists to promote Gunpla but it's easier to stream a web series and convince fans the world over to combine $15 kits then it is to expect them to import and get much out of a Japanese language game.
That's true for the North American market for sure. But the rumor also states that BF will stream on Daisuki in all regions...however, Daisuki isn't even available in Japan. So really it would have to stream elsewhere also.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Well, if my reckoning of Japanese time is correct, is everyone looking forward to the announcement tomorrow night?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
RLZIII

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Well, if my reckoning of Japanese time is correct, is everyone looking forward to the announcement tomorrow night?
Absolutely! The announcement should be at 7:59 PM PST (Monday night) and 10:59 PM EST (Monday night). I've already taken off work (a bad thing for sure)! I find it strange that we haven't gotten any leaks; no magazine scans or anything (unless some of the info posted before turns out to be true). Makes the actual announcement that much more exciting!

I'll be blogging the event at www.gundamstop.com/blog for anyone interested in following the news; I plan to have translations up quickly if they aren't released in English.
Amion

I'm still holding out for it being a new AU. I enjoyed AGE, it needed some tweaks, but writing a very long fanfiction for it I can't help but feel endeared. A new AU then is anticipated by me, versus those who have a bad taste in their mouths and don't want another one so soon.

Well, I doubt we'll be getting one, this is obviously something to do with Gundam Breaker. Which will be news to me regardless since I don't know what Breaker is.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
balofo

http://gundam-bf.net/

Stream is on! no need for proxy.

less than an hour
Kyuzo Aoi

Watched the streaming and I see Gundam Front...

and this definitely a TV anime...

It is called Gundam Build Fighters...

again, the intended demographics is similar to AGE based on the pictures...

Gunpla Beginners on steroids!

Again many 'serious' Gundam fans have a gnashing of the teeth moment... :mrgreen:
Last edited by Kyuzo Aoi on Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a Gundam!