The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk. I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Kuruni

Re: Gundam BF

Gundam Bara Fight

featuring Billy Herrington! It would be the most manly Gundam ever, and one that's yaoi-proof!

Take it boy!
My girlfriend was a loli.
HellCat

Given everything I've seen and read about Frozen Teardrop implies it to be batjive insane and depressing, I'm not sure how it's supposed to stimulate more After Colony projects. A bit like that first Judge Dredd movie that killed off near everyone and then the survivours suggested a sequel.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Dark Duel

Most everything I've seen about FT myself seems like it belongs on FF.net or Mediaminer, so I have honestly NOT been impressed. But that's just one fellow's opinion.
@Kuruni: Much as I'd like to believe otherwise, it's been my experience as an anime fan that nothing is yaoi-proof. NOTHING. *shudders at the thought*

But anyway, I really don't know what this "Gundam BF" thing is supposed to be, given that we have literally nothing on it. We can speculate all we want, but until we know more, it could be anything from Bronies with giant robots to...well, almost anything.
Personally, I'm inclined to believe it's some kind of non-animated media project (ex: manga, photonovel, etc...), or else a video game.
But maybe it's a new animation project. Dunno. Be nice to see something new, either way - I know there was talk of Origin getting its own anime adaptation, but there's been nothing on that in ages.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Kuruni

Dark Duel wrote:@Kuruni: Much as I'd like to believe otherwise, it's been my experience as an anime fan that nothing is yaoi-proof. NOTHING. *shudders at the thought*
Believe me, bara works are. It's so manly that there's no place for sensitive stuff found in yaoi.

BTW don't ask Google for some Billy Herrington pic, you will scream at me later.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Arsarcana

balofo wrote:regular EW ver, upgraded EW ver and the new FT Gundams.
Not that we have any of those last ones yet (and who knows if we will) and I'm still waiting on a Wing Zero TV kit. I thought there was some artwork of the suit kinda sorta teasing that they were working on one a while back but haven't heard anything. Then again, it took us how long between the first hint of HGUC Doven Wolf until they actually confirmed it? With GotL still ongoing we've got time for them to crank out more kits. Leo please!

Anyhow, I'd love some animated expansion of ACverse but I don't think this is it. I admit I haven't been following Frozen Teardrop enough to know how well it's been recieved so far.
Kuruni wrote:Gundam Bara Fight

featuring Billy Herrington! It would be the most manly Gundam ever, and one that's yaoi-proof!
I don't believe such a thing is possible but you win points for making me think of a Xenogears-esque Gundam series with manly mecha fighting so thumbs up! For those who may wonder why, 'Gear Bara' was the Japanese term for the Omnigears.
Strike Zero

Dark Duel wrote:@Kuruni: Much as I'd like to believe otherwise, it's been my experience as an anime fan that nothing is yaoi-proof. NOTHING. *shudders at the thought*
Arsarcana wrote:I don't believe such a thing is possible but you win points for making me think of a Xenogears-esque Gundam series with manly mecha fighting so thumbs up!
Kinda going off on a tangent, but I donʻt think "yaoi" means what you guys think it means. In broad terms, the "bara" genre is quite gay, but my understanding is that the Japanese don't even consider it to be in the same ballpark as the yaoi genre.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
balofo

new AU? design by Okawara? More info on Tokyo Toy Show 2013

http://www.gundam-bf.net/
Dark Duel

I'm seeing elements of 00, the Strike, and Dreadnought Gundams just in the head. That silhouette at the bottom looks intriguing.
Pretty cool design, seemingly.
My money says new AU. The question is what? Anime? Game? Manga?
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
balofo

http://www.gundam.info/topic/8831
待望の「ガンダム新作映像企画」の発表会が、7月2日(火)11:59より開催されることが決定しました!
そして発表会の模様は、「ガンダムインフォ」、「特設サイト(http://gundam-bf.net/)」、「バンダイチャンネル・みんなでストリーム」の3サイトにてライブ配信されます!

なお、現時点で公開されているのは、ガンダムが描かれたイラストと、『1/144 GUNDAM 機動。』のキーワードのみ!
気になるその全貌は、発表会当日のライブ配信で確かめよう!!
NEW ANIME CONFIRMED!!!!!!
LightningCount

balofo wrote:new AU? design by Okawara? More info on Tokyo Toy Show 2013

http://www.gundam-bf.net/
Interesting. Promo image first reactions: The Gundam head gave me an F-91 feel at first, but the design as a whole is more in the line of SEED and 00 Season 2. Some elements of it look like it could come out of C.E. or late A.D. It looks like one of the least distinctive title Gundams in a while, IMO. The central image with the glowing pad makes me wonder what this series will be. It's possible it could be a tournament fighter of some kind, or even a sort of "card battle" kind of Gundam series, where the Gundams are all digital and fighting in simulations or holograms. BF--Battle Fighters? Then again, this promo image may just be telling you that their will be a smaller scale toy, and it has nothing to do with the series.

EDIT: Well, above, it was just posted that it's a new anime. We'll see what the format and such is, though.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
RLZIII

I knew it was a thing! From the looks of the teaser, it looks like a series similar to Gunpla Builders. I'm going to go too deep into speculation because we really have no info. But I'm definitely excited. Hopefully this will be a full TV series.
ShadowCell

just don't suck, that's all i ask
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

ShadowCell wrote:just don't suck, that's all i ask
Don't worry ShadowCell, I am sure it will 'ruin the franchise forever' ;)
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
RLZIII

Soma Taozi wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:just don't suck, that's all i ask
Don't worry ShadowCell, I am sure it will 'ruin the franchise forever' ;)
And while it's airing people will say, "wow tis new gundum sucks! no were near as good as gundam age! this ruins gundum forevr!"
ShadowCell

well, if Gundam BF sucks so badly that everyone gains a new appreciation for Gundam AGE, that would be kind of cool

maybe the next thirty-five years of Gundam can just be a succession of shows so terrible that they make us appreciate their predecessors more
Strike Zero

You know, it's really odd. For some reason, despite the prospect of a new anime TV series, I just can't bring myself to feel anything.

Maybe it's because we still know nothing about it. Or, maybe Gundam AGE actually managed to do the unthinkable and drain away my passion for Gundam at large.

I dunno. We'll see what happens.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
monster

A bigger part of me is glad for a new addition to Gundam, but a smaller part would be disappointed if Gundam once again has to make a new AU for the TV market instead of adding a new story to any of the already established AU.
Ceiling_Squid

...I find it difficult to really feel anything positive about this vague news. At this point I'm dreading that somehow a new AU is going to further displace The Origin's adaptation, or that The Origin adaptation has somehow been canned or tabled.

Seriously, haven't heard much of anything about it, and already another post-AGE project is being announced? Bleh.

Well, maybe this is a little side project OVA, a la Gunpla Builders. I would actually be excited about something like that. Gunpla Builders was fun. Judging by the nature of the promo and the design of the suit, I'm getting that vibe.
latenlazy

I would almost welcome a SEED movie over a new AU at this point. Then again, I don't know if it really matters. My trust in Bandai's desire to actually tell good stories has gone down the drain.
HellCat

If it's in the style of Gunpla Builders, please just let them get better writers. I wanted to like Builders but there were barely any jokes and instead a heavy handed push that Gunpla are somehow for everyone and are so brilliant :? A show that has fun with the concept and isn't afraid to take a more Keroro manga style take on the hobby would be far more entertaining.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.