The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk. I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
RLZIII

Re: Gundam BF

ShadowCell wrote:
Dendrobium Stamen wrote:Mobile Suit Gundam: Bright's Family
no no no, then it would have to be called something like Mobile Suit Gundam: The Family That Went to Outer Space and Rode the Rainbow into a Flash of Federation Hooligans Reciting a Poem
Ah, the old Gundam TFTWTOSARTRIAFOFHRAP series. That was a good novel.
tHeWasTeDYouTh

RLZIII wrote:Sunrise has registered the domain name http://www.gundam-bf.net. This may mean nothing. Or it could mean something. Recent Gundam series are generally announced in June or July (SEED in 2002, SEED D in 2004, 00 in 2007, and AGE in 2011), with leaks normally coming out shortly before. So it would be about the right time if a new series was underway. ZZ, G, W, X, and SEED D were all released 1-2 years after their predecessors started, so it's not unheard of even though AGE started in October 2011.

Speculation...GO!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... er-sunrise
Gundam Best Friend
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
latenlazy

Gundam Burning Finger.
RLZIII

Whereas before the Gundam BF website used to take you to a domain holding page (identical to that of www.gundam-age.com), the www.gundam-bf.net page now shows up as a blank HTML file.
Arsarcana

Gundam: Back to the Future, in which the titular suit is actually a time machine and the central conflict of the story is caused by the protagonist altering the timeline after he accidentally falls into the cockpit at the end of the first episode.
Kuruni

Gundam Barney & Friends Sunrise just want to troll us...
Arsarcana wrote:Gundam: Back to the Future, in which the titular suit is actually a time machine and the central conflict of the story is caused by the protagonist altering the timeline after he accidentally falls into the cockpit at the end of the first episode.
Den-O style?
My girlfriend was a loli.
Deacon Blues

Chances are it's probably for a new Gundam game. Or, it could even be in regards to the Origin anime. It's talked about in this months Gundam Ace.

Although it's been almost two years since the announcement, Yas says that scenario and character design roughs are still being ironed out and they're still attempting to lay out the project because it is deeply rooted in the past at certain points, so making that blend with the story is essential.
RLZIII

Deacon Blues wrote:Chances are it's probably for a new Gundam game. Or, it could even be in regards to the Origin anime. It's talked about in this months Gundam Ace.

Although it's been almost two years since the announcement, Yas says that scenario and character design roughs are still being ironed out and they're still attempting to lay out the project because it is deeply rooted in the past at certain points, so making that blend with the story is essential.
I've looked up WhoIs content on some popular Gundam games and they are all registered by Bandai Namco. It seems like the only websites generally registered by Sunrise are ones related to the anime. So I don't know about Gundam BF being related to a game (though not impossible of course).

Just speculation on my part about the Origin: I seems more-and-more likely that with the success of Gundam UC, that Gundam The Origin will be released in a similar format: longer episodes over the course of a few years. This model is definitely working for Sunrise and Bandai, especially for Gunpla, since it allows them to continue releasing merchandise for years while the product is still ongoing. Gundam The Origin essentially has no Gunpla or figures (with the exception of some hold MSIA figures and the GFF Metal figure), so there's plenty that can be released over the course of a few years without having product too close together. Perhaps we'll see Gundam The Orgin after Gundam UC finishes up next year; even using the same core production staff could be an option.
Xenosynth

I doubt it's a game for the same reason RLZ said. Besides, most Gundam games don't have straightforward links anymore, the recent Breaker and the Battle Operation ones were both on generic Bandai Namco sites. Breaker hasn't even come out yet and so I doubt they'd already be planning for the next one yet anyway. If it is a game then it's gotta be small scale. The last large budget Gundam game we got on major consoles was the Extreme Vs game and given the gap between the big budget Gundam games vs the constant smaller budget hit or (usually) miss titles. Still though, I lean towards it either being a new animation or manga series.

We'll just have to see when the website is updated. I doubt they'd buy it this far in advance without it having some content in a month or two.
NastyNate

I think it is Gundam Battle Field. The next gundam video game.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Mythgarr

Gundam Burning Finger. A Blu-Ray compilation if G-Gundam.
Or So I speculate.
I could use a new Gundam series though.
Visit The Dreams
monster

Gundam Burst Freedom, next installment of SEED without the SEED name, as they have no plan to explore the concept of SEED further, and it's all about Kira anyway.

It will, obviously, feature the next update to the Freedom.

It will also be accompanied by the Gundam Yamato Astray manga series, where every Astray pilot will take turn to accept the honor of being defeated by Kira Yamato in a one-on-one or one-on-many battle, thus cementing Kira's legacy as the most powerful pilot in the CE timeline.

Of course, they want to shorten it to BF because they know the word Freedom will just give it away. It's supposed to be a nice surprise for the Gundam fans. So excited, can't wait for it. :D
balofo

New AU? Origin is 2014 and we can expect a Wing anime in 2015
monster

balofo wrote:we can expect a Wing anime in 2015
Seriously? That's nice. Oh wait, I hope it's not another adaptation.
RLZIII

balofo wrote:New AU? Origin is 2014 and we can expect a Wing anime in 2015
Gundam W in 2015? Are you referring to a Frozen Teardrop or Glory of the Losers adaptation or something similar for the 20th anniversary? As far as I know there's been no hinting of that whatsoever.
balofo

RLZIII wrote:
Gundam W in 2015? Are you referring to a Frozen Teardrop or Glory of the Losers adaptation or something similar for the 20th anniversary? As far as I know there's been no hinting of that whatsoever.
Sumisawa made FT as a prologue to a tentative new anime series. Not to mention the lots of Wing models and toys being marketed lately. The new MG models were made to be reused many times: regular EW ver, upgraded EW ver and the new FT Gundams.

Wing and SEED are the only AUs that can make a profit nowadays
RLZIII

balofo wrote:
RLZIII wrote:
Sumisawa made FT as a prologue to a tentative new anime series. Not to mention the lots of Wing models and toys being marketed lately. The new MG models were made to be reused many times: regular EW ver, upgraded EW ver and the new FT Gundams.

Wing and SEED are the only AUs that can make a profit nowadays
I'd be interested to see some sources for this info. I haven't heard of Frozen Teardrop ever leading to a new series; but if this was stated as a possibility, I would love to read about it. And while Bandai did just go through the Gundam W models in MG form, they were overdue. Right now since both Frozen Teardrop and Glory of the Losers are ongoing projects it's the perfect tie to release them. Just as they did with the SEED suits; that doesn't mean that there will be a SEED sequel however. Also, I find it strange that they didn't make a new MG for the Wing Ver. EW; they simply re-released the old one from years past (the Wing Ver. Ka). If they were planning for Frozen Teardrop MGs, we'd probably have seen a new design for the title suit. I'm sure the other suits have upgrades in mind (as most Gunpla MGs are designed with future releases in mind); but Frozen Teardrop variants? That'd be a push I think (though not impossible).

I think the SEED suits and Wing suits getting MG releases are just overdue and a way to make some money. I have a feeling that in the next few years we'll see SEED D, G, 00, and maybe even X MGs for the "main" Gundams in those series.

Also, I think it's pretty clear that W and SEED are not the only AUs to make money. G is in the middle of getting a new manga that may spawn some G models (either HGFC or MG), 00 did very well and still has new products coming out, and AGE (despite everyone thinking it's a failure) still has a good amount of new Gunpla coming out and some new MGs that are still being released (if it were a failure that wasn't selling, we wouldn't be seeing new models or Memories of Eden).
Dark Duel

Since you bring it up, here's something kinda interesting:
With Wing, they just rereleased the same old kit again, rather than recreating a new frame up to the same standard as the new ones. Though I do think it's a distinct possibility that at least some of the upgraded variants from GotL may get kit releases as well. FT suits I know next to nothing about, so I can't comment on that.
With the Strike, we actually did get an entirely new kit, rather than a re-release molded in brighter colors (And it is b-e-a-u-tiful, especially in the details).
The difference? Wing kits were a tie-in to the manga and the novel. The Seed kits tie into the re-release of the entire series. (And I think it is distinctly possible we may similarly see some new GSD MG releases; though that may be wishful thinking on my part, as I'm still pining for a MG Saviour)

As for this BF thing, I don't think it's related to either one. My money says it's either an AU project of some kind, or else for some kind of game.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Amadi Akintunde

RLZIII wrote: I'd be interested to see some sources for this info. I haven't heard of Frozen Teardrop ever leading to a new series; but if this was stated as a possibility, I would love to read about it.
Sumizawa supposedly said in an interview that Frozen Teardrop isn't a true sequel to Endless Waltz but rather a transitional novel to help develop a successful sequel meant to expand the After Colony timeline to a proportion rivaling that of the Universal Century.
He's writing this series as an experiment while thinking of things such as how to revive "something that has already fully concluded once", and "why sequels are so hard to get right". So this isn't really a true sequel, but a transitional novel to help develop a successful sequel.

And this is also meant to be a work to bring Gundam W to the level of completion of the "First Gundam " (<-- "First Gundam" means UC Gundam)

Serialization starts in this month's issue. This issue features the prologue. About the generation of the children of Heero, Duo, etc.
Which I suppose would explain the vast amount of background information the novel's been going through for the past two (three now?) years.
Compass

Gundam Battle Frontier

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/macross/macro ... ross25.htm

Now, it will take 8 people to drive the GUNDAM <_<
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex