The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk. I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
iCards

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk. I

I guess reception is everything.
Ryujin

Just saw the first episode.

Fun show is fun.

Apparently, the Gunpla
Spoiler
suffer damage, at least to the extent of popped components, because of the match. Good thing the MC's family owns a Gunpla shop.

Makes you wonder if the MC's dad became champion by thoroughly trashing other players' Gunpla in-match in order to drum up repeat business for the shop. :)
PowerdGNFlag

Official stream is up on GundamInfo's YT channel. (At least in my part of the world.)

If the story sucks, I'll stay regardless for all the in-jokes and references. First episode had a lot of them, especially Gunpla we can only dream of (as of the moment). And those that we can buy right now. (Seriously, HG Wing got a REEEEAALLLYY strong push in this episode.)

Also, can anyone confirm if
Spoiler
it was really Ramba Ral's seiyuu there? His bit was easily the funniest part of the episode.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
bullethead

The first episode was pretty good. The battles were well animated and did a good job of showing that Sei does suck that badly, despite his fanboyism. Ral was a nice bit of fanservice too.

Reiji is pretty weird.
Spoiler
I'm pretty sure he's from some sort of (techno-)fantasy universe, given his ignorance of Gundam, soda, and open air sales, plus the wish stone. I will not be surprised if it turns out that he's a deposed demon lord or something.
But man, that battle sim thing treats the Gunpla terribly if you lose. Then again, it does seem like something Bandai would do to boost sales...

Also, if you watch it on Youtube, better be prepared to sit through the whole thing in one sitting. They've got some weird restrictions that make it risky to pause the video (it'll freeze after you pause 2 times IIRC) and the stream might stop randomly. I literally had to download the video (sans audio) via Free Download Manager after the stream froze 11 minutes in.
Proteus

just finish watching the 1st epi. Very fun watch with all the in universe reference and cameo. A nice departure from all the wars and gritty stuff we're all accustomed to.
Wingnut

Oh son of a ... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Spoiler
Even in Gunpla Battle they STILL **** on Wing Gundam! Damn them! No respect even when pushing the product.
Other then that, this went rather well. I can't tell for sure, but if they could swing having the same guy for Ral (who was holding the box for a Gouf too), it would be something they would do.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
YokozunaBulldozer

PowerdGNFlag wrote:Official stream is up on GundamInfo's YT channel. (At least in my part of the world.)

If the story sucks, I'll stay regardless for all the in-jokes and references. First episode had a lot of them, especially Gunpla we can only dream of (as of the moment). And those that we can buy right now. (Seriously, HG Wing got a REEEEAALLLYY strong push in this episode.)

Also, can anyone confirm if
Spoiler
it was really Ramba Ral's seiyuu there? His bit was easily the funniest part of the episode.
YES IT IS. REJOICE!
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
YokozunaBulldozer

So, who is going to shell some cash for some Gunpla because I know I am gonna go pick up that Build Strike kit this week.

SOLD!
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Strike105

Calling it now
Spoiler
Reiji's a Djinn or some other supernatural being. The fact that, as old as he appears to be, he is completely ignorant towards things most people take for granted, in addition to carrying seemingly real magical gems, and doing the generic sudden appearing/disappearing act when he should in plain view could lead a lot of people to suspect that something supernatural is involved. Considering the fact that GBF is supposed to be more kid-friendly than most Gundam shows tend to be, and that it so far mainly follows the tropes of many other "duelling toys/trading cards/etc" shows like Yu-Gi-Oh and Megaman: NT Warrior, such things could be possible.
Also, considering the shows GBF is apparently trying to emulate, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they use Gunpla Battles to try to catch a robber, stop a time bomb, prevent their friends from some sort of deadly trap, or some other huge problem that would normally require literally anything other than Gunpla Battles to solve. It'd probably still provide a good laugh though. Most likely though, I'm just making a number of predictions after the first episode, well before we fully understand everything that is to be understood about this timeline, but still, I would not be at all surprised if such things prove true.
Last edited by Strike105 on Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wingnut

So it is Ral? Nice. Also button mashing!
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Saber

Chris wrote:Nobody cares about Europeans when it comes to anime. You don't exist. :P
While I realize this to be the truth, I still have to say:

"SCREW YOU, good sir."
HellCat wrote:But what for those of us who live in UK/Europe? Plus everywhere else for that matter? I'm hoping this means it'll be available to whoever can also see their SEED and 00 streams.
I'm from Germany, and I had to use a proxy service to watch it on YouTube, so I guess that means Europe gets the short end of the stick, again.
Hyakushiki

Wingnut wrote: button mashing!
Nah, those are just button checks before the match.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Silver_August

Alright that was a pretty good episode! I hope we'll get openings/endings for next week but... I can imagine I missed some of the in-jokes, ah well the forums will point them out!

I am probably gonna try and wailt till the weekends to watch these with my sis still, I mainly wanted to watch ep 1 to see if it was worth showing my sis who's NEVER watched a Gumdam show..but I think its worth a shot.

I don't know what the comment on first buuuuuut... and I dunno if this is a spoiler but I'll protect it anyways...
Spoiler
There is no way that Reji is human, the way this guy talks, acts, how he can show up out of no where, if this guy isn't a spririt, ghost, or some kinda demon/god ....or even an Alien or HECK a new type clone, lol I'll be surprised if all he turns out to be is a really clueless foreigner
OH thought of something else - Leave it to a gundam series that isn't locking out the rest of the world to not only predominantly feature the Wing Gumdam (In TWO colors no less) but also have the recently released HG box on full display, too bad that kid changed his mind, lol.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

What a fun first episode, I can't remember the last time I smiled so much after watching an episode of Gundam.

It probably will take a few episodes to establish, but I still wonder where Sei's father is? I want their to be a good explanation because I like how...well...normal his home life is (as normal as one can be with a Gunpla store built in).

To me this show was refreshing and I giggled quite a bit. Furthermore I am interested in the characters a lot more then the Gunpla battles (not to say they aren't exciting), which is always a good sign.

Looking forward to more! :)
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
bullethead

Saber wrote:I'm from Germany, and I had to use a proxy service to watch it on YouTube, so I guess that means Europe gets the short end of the stick, again.
I heard that it worked in the UK, but it seems to be spotty outside of North America.
HellCat

Amion wrote:It's too good to be true. Watch us get locked out. That means the West too. As for Europe, I'm pulling for you Hellcat, after all I think a lot of us know how it feels to be left out of the loop for no real apparent reason. :P
Most folks consider me out of the loop regardless... :lol: :wink:
Saber wrote:I'm from Germany, and I had to use a proxy service to watch it on YouTube, so I guess that means Europe gets the short end of the stick, again.
I'm really sorry to hear that :( It was great to find the episode played for me in the UK but isn't Gundam far bigger on the continent then it is on our wet little island? Hopefully they'll open the stream to you in time. I know from AGE how much it sucks to fart around with a proxy to watch the official stream.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Kuruni

Wow...this is very good start. Hope they won't mess up along the way.

BTW, Kousaka look real cute :D .
My girlfriend was a loli.
Amion

Great first episode. I really like Sei's mom, she's definitely not a completely useless accessory like they were in AGE. I hope we get some more development for her. And Mr. Ral, like how he's a retired soldier or something. :P
Spoiler
Yeah, the name might just be a coincidence, but Reiji is obviously a djinn as people are mentioning. I wonder if he has a limited number of wishes or a system where he wants to be paid back? Who knows, but it seems that newtypes actually exist in this universe, that or it's just an expression. Time will tell I suppose.

If there are newtypes, it would be hilarious to learn they have handicaps in place for them if they enter competitions.
Anyone else fall in love with that awesome red and white Wing?
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Xenosynth

Oh man. Well, that went above and beyond my expectations. Very very pleased with the episode.

I'd be so scared to enter the tournaments though xD I am surprised they went with the Gunpla being damaged route. Though it mostly looks like they just came apart but didn't really break-break. Still, damn.

Hnnngh, already anxious about next week. This is only the second Gundam series I've been able to see as it aired from episode one since I've gotten into Gundam and it was very very enjoyable.
Wingnut

Amion wrote:Anyone else fall in love with that awesome red and white Wing?
I painted my SDGO Wing Gundam in those colors shortly after it showed up in the previews, so yes.

Also major engrish in the opening scene. "Alvion", "Launch", and so on. I guess we can blame it on the dream, but I thought Japan was better then this nowadays.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.