The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk. I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Mythgarr

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk. I

Xenosynth wrote:That leaves room for like... what, 24 episodes, and that's if they show a new one during the last week of March?
I have a feeling 24 episodes is not enough. End in March?
When is Unicorn going to fly again?
Visit The Dreams
AGF-Antoine

Xenosynth wrote:Any word on the number of episodes? According to some people the blu-ray box set is coming at the end of March, though I don't have a source on that. If so, that leaves room for like... what, 24 episodes, and that's if they show a new one during the last week of March?
This is the source.
It does mention something about "Blu-ray BOX 1" though.
So there might be a second box later.
But not entirely sure, since I can't read it and need to use Google Translate.

AGF-Antoine
Arbiter GUNDAM

Chris has it listed for twenty-five episodes
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
HellCat

Per CD Japan the Blu-rays will again be region free but won't have subtitles, despite one obviously existing for the official stream.

I guess that 'reverse import' tactic is good as dead by this point? And yet they're seeing the SEED HD boxes through....
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
InjuredPelican

Yeah, I thought for sure he was a girl until they said otherwise. He would be cute girl though :(
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
xaos

I thought I was alone thinking Sazaki was a girl. XD Did anybody like the music? There was one particular spot in the episode where I was expecting to hear a voice say "welcome to A State of Trance with your host Armin Van Buren" which I liked.
Spoiler
Also, who thinks Reiji is an alien? He mentioned a place called Arian in the beginning? Just what I think.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Actually for me, besides the ED song, I didn't think much of the BGM.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
stagrider

Anyone else wonder how partforming gunpla would work?
Silver_August

Very poorly unless your a Real Grade, in which case your concern becomes not falling apart due to said transformation mechanisms, lol.
Sume Gai

I would love to see Sunrise acknowledge some of the more flawed kits out there in the show. A Rozen Zulu or Arche showing up in the base plastic colors, or some old transformable kit falling to pieces. I doubt it would happen but here's hoping there's at lest some lazy modeler type in the show. (as in doesn't customize or paint Gunpla they build)
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Wingnut

That would be interesting to see, and we kinda already did in Gunpla Builders where at the start of part 2 we have a voiceover by Boris chewing out Haru for not putting Beginning together properly and having the performance suffer as a result to where he gets curbstomped. This is fixed and the model is far more responsive against the Super Zaku when Haru uses paint instead of the stickers, sands down his nubs, and panel lines the model.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
pirx

Mythgarr wrote:
Xenosynth wrote:That leaves room for like... what, 24 episodes, and that's if they show a new one during the last week of March?
I have a feeling 24 episodes is not enough. End in March?
When is Unicorn going to fly again?
Ep. 7 release info just says "Spring 2014".
bullethead

Man, I'm just waiting for one haxx suit to show up and for its builder to reveal they 3D printed the parts out of super plastic with graphene in it or something.

That might lead to immediate disqualification though.
Silver_August

By super plastic, I think you mean Polygundanium Alloy with a Phase Shift after coat :P
LightningCount

Watched episode one. A lot of fun and clever/intriguing at times, but it's also coasting on a lot of nostalgia power. Someone decided to promote Gundam Wing big time in this episode--two Wing Gundams showed up over three different battle scenes, Wing Fenice is in the pipeline, there was a G-UNIT MS cameo, and Dr. J and the Alliance even got a shout out.

I feel like this show is about selling older series DVD/BDs as much as model kits, telling people about the setups and main suits of those entries. I think I maybe liked the unique Beginning Gundam of GunPla Builders a little more than Build Strike (why didn't it use its knives?); but I understand that they're trying to build off of previous kits, and the SEED Remasters mean there are plenty of SEED/Strike kits out there. Anyway, it's a great casual watch, and I'll check it out some more. There appears so far to be more effort put into this than I was expecting.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
Silver_August

Here's a thought - "Mr. Ral" says that performance is based on how well the Gundam is put together.. but what determines that? Because in the eyes of the elites (and Boris from Gunpla Builders) using the stickers would be the noob-thing to do, so does painting your kit make it better or are the seals just as good?

I'd laugh if this is brought up and it turns out that using the seals is like giving the gundam a handicap, lol.
HellCat

I hope they do the angle less preachy in BF. When GB did it, it just reminded me of the elitist Model sub-forum in my early days at Gundam.com. I know people who rarely buy kits and when they do they basically snap em together, use the stickers and maybe do some panel lining. It seems a confusing message to me to say 'Gunpla is for everyone' but follow it up with 'Oh but if you don't file, trim, sand, prime, paint, etc then you've wasted a model'.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Xenosynth

Yeah. GPB was a bit silly sometimes. This seems to be more about caring about the model, than just being PERFECTIONIST, though it's only the first episode. My first 2 Gundam communities were actually modeling communities and it wasn't... necessarily the most fun time I've ever had. A person there had said that he hated when people would buy kits and build them out of the box and be happy with that result, and was saying things like 'BANDAI SHOULD START DOING ALL KITS IN ALL WHITE!' It's both hilarious, sad, and scary to behold, the Gundam modeling communities.

I've just started recently customizing my kits now moreso because of this show ~_~ Bandai's marketing is obviously working (Still I hope they do more system parts that look more machine like and cool, and the systems weapons as well, I'm not necessarily a huge fan of the booster setup.)

ANYWAY, episode 2 in a few days. Any bit of speculation? Mine:
Spoiler
I'm betting on Reiji losing to the Zaku Amazing, though I dunno if that'll even show in the episode, since we know the duel with the SUMO is coming up.
Silver_August

I like Master Grades for the reason that I can basically build them straight from the box and the only thing I need to do is get a lining marker.

HGs for me...ugh they frustrate me because of the TYPES of stickers they give you like the Double X -NO MODEL in the year 2013 should require me to put a red sticker on its head jewel, I accepted it with my Stargazer but that was also back in...2007? So for HGs I can more recommend painting just because of how many stickers you end up working with

Back to Build Fighters...
Spoiler
I think it's too soon for Reiji to lose because he can lose later and we'll have the "maybe he's NOT my dream come true..." argument, I'm gonna predict a tie, or Amazing Zaku gives mercy cause the Build Strike's under equipped or something, and Reiji at least gets the rivalry thing going on.