The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk. I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Silver_August

Re: Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk. I

Crossing my fingers that the show features a "gunpla meister" at some point, lol
bullethead

Silver_August wrote:Crossing my fingers that the show features a "gunpla meister" at some point, lol
That's season 2 :mrgreen:
HellCat

Destiny_Gundam wrote:This sort of show is definitely better if they want to introduce kids to Gundam.

Kids' anime can be a lot of fun if you don't have a stick up your ass, so I'm prepared to have a good time with it.

It'll be nice that there won't be any shitstorms about killing vs disabling and UNDERSTANDING... At least there shouldn't be...

The main girl gets a thumbs up from me as well :)
Silly, there will of course be villainous builders who Gunpla Battle for all the wrong reasons.

"I grew up an orphan with nothing, fighting to survive every day. But one day when I stole someone's groceries there was something else in the bag- a Gunpla. Building it I finally realised what power really was. I fought my way to the top, beating every opponent that faced me. Gunpla are fun? You fool! Gunpla are power and I'll prove it by crushing you and that weak mess of a Gunpla!"
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Silver_August

and the final battle will feature the HG United Forces going up against a modified Perfect Grade Wing Zero painted black with PG Redframe's katana which'll tower over the rest of the cast!
ZeonsSilverStar

Just watched the preview and I spotted a red Zaku, a Dijeh, and the Knight Gundam. My expectations have risen quite a bit.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
Destiny_Gundam

HellCat wrote:Silly, there will of course be villainous builders who Gunpla Battle for all the wrong reasons.

"I grew up an orphan with nothing, fighting to survive every day. But one day when I stole someone's groceries there was something else in the bag- a Gunpla. Building it I finally realised what power really was. I fought my way to the top, beating every opponent that faced me. Gunpla are fun? You fool! Gunpla are power and I'll prove it by crushing you and that weak mess of a Gunpla!"
Well obviously. But you can't kill some one with Gunpla. Unless they have Laplace Items which turns battles into death matches after transporting the contestants to NewType naked space.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Newtype87

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
HellCat wrote:Silly, there will of course be villainous builders who Gunpla Battle for all the wrong reasons.

Well obviously. But you can't kill some one with Gunpla. Unless they have Laplace Items which turns battles into death matches after transporting the contestants to NewType naked space.
Ah yes, the seven Gundanium Items, which also have magical powers in addition to the NewType naked dueling space: the Gundanium Eye that lets you see the future, the Gundanium Sword that lets you remove a person's soul from their body, the Gundanium Shield that lets you hide items from sight and attack, the Gundanium Rifle that lets you use ancient egyptian laser beams, the Gundanium Antenna which lets you read the souls of and achieve harmony with all beings, the Gundanium Hammer that lets you weigh a person's misdeeds and mind crush them if they're naughty, and last but not least the Gundanium Core, holding the soul of the first Gunpla Builder, who possesses the hero and lets him pick exactly the tools he needs to build the perfect Gunpla and who calls himself the "Ray." Whosoever unites all seven items will be known as "the King of Gundam". And eventually it turns out that Gunpla is the most important thing in the universe and is actually a part of how the universe works. And then we get Gunpla building on motorcycles… okay, I think I've officially taken the joke too far.

In all seriousness, I hope that they DON'T make Gunpla and the ability to play it super important to the world. It vaguely made sense for early YuGiOh, but shows that make children's games so utterly important and over the top end up being really silly. I mean, you can still tell an important story without the main character turning out to be the reincarnation of some ancient statue builder or something. Then again, that might bring in school drama… oh dear, I don't have any idea how they're going to handle this.
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham
Destiny_Gundam

Well considering the trailer mentions some new fangled particle being used for a children's pasttime... I doubt there'll be anything mystical, but I can certainly see a Kaiba corp style "We put tons of money and super advanced technology into a children's game" thing.

I'm sure there'll end of being something at stake since it would be boring otherwise. Still, it might turn out to be something more personal rather than "fate of the world." Angelic Layer, anyone?
Strike Zero

Newtype87 wrote:In all seriousness, I hope that they DON'T make Gunpla and the ability to play it super important to the world.
Dude. All they have to do is reveal an invention that, using the new whatever particles, is capable of manifesting a fully functional 1/1 version of any Gunpla you stick into it in the real world.

Shit would be bananas.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Kyuzo Aoi

Makes me wonder if that bishonen character named Tatsuya will don the Char mask soon. He has the Zaku as his model after all... :)

And by the way, any suggestions or predictions as which Japanese seiyuu will voice the characters?
I am a Gundam!
Amion

Newtype87 wrote:
Destiny_Gundam wrote:

Ah yes, the seven Gundanium Items, which also have magical powers in addition to the NewType naked dueling space: the Gundanium Eye that lets you see the future, the Gundanium Sword that lets you remove a person's soul from their body, the Gundanium Shield that lets you hide items from sight and attack, the Gundanium Rifle that lets you use ancient egyptian laser beams, the Gundanium Antenna which lets you read the souls of and achieve harmony with all beings, the Gundanium Hammer that lets you weigh a person's misdeeds and mind crush them if they're naughty, and last but not least the Gundanium Core, holding the soul of the first Gunpla Builder, who possesses the hero and lets him pick exactly the tools he needs to build the perfect Gunpla and who calls himself the "Ray." Whosoever unites all seven items will be known as "the King of Gundam". And eventually it turns out that Gunpla is the most important thing in the universe and is actually a part of how the universe works. And then we get Gunpla building on motorcycles… okay, I think I've officially taken the joke too far.

In all seriousness, I hope that they DON'T make Gunpla and the ability to play it super important to the world. It vaguely made sense for early YuGiOh, but shows that make children's games so utterly important and over the top end up being really silly. I mean, you can still tell an important story without the main character turning out to be the reincarnation of some ancient statue builder or something. Then again, that might bring in school drama… oh dear, I don't have any idea how they're going to handle this.
I just hope this isn't too successful and ends with...well, never ending. Pokemon and YuGiOh still sound like nails on chalkboard to me. I doubt, very seriously doubt Bandai would pull that stunt of continuing the series for an extended period, but really, at this point can we really predict accurately what they'll do next? I say we wait and enjoy.

And at Hellcat, yeah, I predicted this a while back. What self-respecting kid's show would be without several bumbling fools try to steel other people's gunpla to upgrade their own models. Who knows though, the staff might be creative and disguise the evildoers in some way.

Hmm, you had to mention sacred gunpla artifacts and the Laplace boxes! Shame on you all! That's supposed to be top secret! Well now that the future's out of the bag, I guess trying to contain the spoilers is a pointless endeavor.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Silver_August

Spoilers Alart - The show will be set in the AG Universe! Ever wondered why young Asemu was playing with a G-exes? It wasn't just product placement! It was a foreshadow of things to comeeee...

Also here's hoping grandpa's soul doesn't get digitized into the body of a GM I
latenlazy

Newtype87 wrote:
Destiny_Gundam wrote:

Still chuckling. You forgot to mention the three Zeonic God Gunpla.
Destiny_Gundam

Strike Zero wrote:Dude. All they have to do is reveal an invention that, using the new whatever particles, is capable of manifesting a fully functional 1/1 version of any Gunpla you stick into it in the real world.

ZOINKS would be bananas.
We'd go from Angelic Layer to later seasons of Rockman.EXE.
Xenosynth

Derringer wrote: That's not true. The 5% is just a disclaimer that the prices on the hobby site include the 5% sales tax in Japan after MSRP.
Oh derp. I forgot to account for markups when I was comparing the prices >.>;; I was comparing the yen prices on there to the prices on certain american sites so I assumed it was a discount related thing, but... well, yes. Mark ups on the american places that have Gunpla. Sorry about that.
monster

This is not exactly what I was hoping for, but I'll still look forward to this.
HellCat wrote:I don't think this airing says for definite that The Origin won't be a TV project. From what I can see this is airing on TV Tokyo as opposed to MBS who have been the home of the last few Gundam shows. Why is that important? Because it was TV Tokyo that aired SD Gundam Force and in fact I believe they did so at the same time MBS was running SEED Destiny. So it's not really a nail in the coffin.
Well, if BF is airing later this year, and last I heard, Origin was supposed to be released in 2014, then Origin would likely be airing after BF ends, assuming Origin is a TV series.
Evex

Here is a video to a conference Bandai/Sunrise held to announce Gundam Build Fighters.

The newest Gundam video project Presentation
Amion

I'm loving the new Striker Pack. It's like my precious Blast Impulse. :oops:

And we get some love for the XX! I'm so excited. And strangely, it's only now that I see it has golden wings, I thought its X wings were white like the GX. *Shrugs* That's what a rewatch is for I guess.

So, anyone care to translate this whole thing? It looks like we get some blue rays for MSG, which means Bandai is milking the original for all its poor animation/great story is for before the inevitable Origin premiers.

And it will probably be October 2014, as some on here have mentioned. Rats. But there is LIGHT at the end of the tunnel of the 2000's! I'm going to enjoy this show, even if all it offers is meaningless violence. The girls can't be done bad in this show either, as I doubt they will promote women as inept Gunpla builders fighters.

Bandai sexist? Far be it from them to damage their gunpla sales! Ahem, changing topic, anyone like that Zaku striker pack? It looked like a transformed Asshimar from Zeta. :D And I did like my Asshimar. *Too lazy to spell it right. I mean let's face it, it's not exactly engurishu*
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

^Honestly after Age...a girl who is able to tie her own shoes would be preferable to the baby-makers, sacrificial lambs, and whiners we got in the last series. Ugh...

Not sure how I feel about the main female friend being described as having a "modest chest size." But I suppose i should prepare myself for her inevitable "friendship" speeches. Since I seriously doubt she will be very good at combat.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Chris
Administrator

Soma Taozi wrote:^Honestly after Age...a girl who is able to tie her own shoes would be preferable to the baby-makers, sacrificial lambs, and whiners we got in the last series. Ugh...

Not sure how I feel about the main female friend being described as having a "modest chest size." But I suppose i should prepare myself for her inevitable "friendship" speeches. Since I seriously doubt she will be very good at combat.
What? Aren't you completely reassured by the industry's sterling reputation for featuring strong, progressive and independent women in anime??
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his