The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk. I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
iCards

Re: Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk. I

Sume Gai wrote:http://gundam-bf.net/mechanics/04/ <apparently this thing was built by an Italian. We may have G Gundam style stereotypes to look forward to.
I thought it was a painted Rose Gundam when I saw a low res of the promo art. LOL.
thehod

I am glad they are going back and re-doing most of the older kits.

It looks good so far but lets see how they handle it. Gunpla Builders was too short to do any sort of evaluation.
Admiral Larsen

All I just ask is that it makes a large amount of money, a vey large amount.
LightningCount

JUNE 12th:
"It's possible it could be a tournament fighter of some kind, or even a sort of "card battle" kind of Gundam series, where the Gundams are all digital and fighting in simulations or holograms. BF--Battle Fighters?"
Well, I was in the ballpark with my theories. I had never seen the Gunpla prequel OVAs, and only knew about them in passing. I really don't mind, as I think Sunrise needs some time to kind of reboot AU Gundam and sort out what they want to do with UC going forward. It is really strange to see this mash-up in animation. It's like a Marvel vs. Capcom anime. I saw two different Wing Gundams, one red and one green. Blue Destiny would be a nice OVA in of itself--a more diverse version of 08th MS Team--but it's interesting to see it in action here. This really isn't my cup of tea, but I don't hate it, and I don't blame Sunrise. This is a good, simple way to capture the younger audience they're looking for.
balofo wrote:http://i.imgur.com/LYZHRzV.jpg

UC 7, Origin, G-Reko
I'm very curious to see what Tomino has up his sleeve with G-Reko. I think the G stands for Gravity and it has nothing to do with Gundam, right? I've heard conflicting reports that it might just be one of those super far in the future UC Gundams with no connections to Gundam, but still in that UC universe. I guess time will tell. One has to wonder what format The Origin will show up in. If it's OVAs, you have to think it's going to be piecemeal, and not stand alone in narrative without the 0079 TV series to back it up.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
Xenosynth

Re: Gundam BF

Strike Zero wrote:Well, holy hell. I never thought in a million years they would actually take the Builders concept and turn it into a full-fledged TV show, but they did. Banrise, I salute thee. *salute*

This explains why the new Gundam looked like little more than a retooled Strike. That's exactly what it is.

AU crossover opportunities abound, old classic designs along with a multitude of various variations have the chance to make animated appearances -- already we're being treated to some original X and Wing kitbashes. This is going to be pretty cool!
Yay, glad to see quite a few people sharing my enthusiasm xD I was bracing myself for a backdraft of negative here >.> Also glad because we might actually get kits of the models shown the preview that don't have modern ones (SUMO, Wheel Thingers from Victory, Gaz-R/L) and overall just hnnngh.

The animation also looks to be much better quality than Gunpla Builders (IMO) and the fact we have SD's and stuff being used is both silly and awesome.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

In case people are looking for the PV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDDhDSmisR8

You might have some problems loading it though...
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Newtype87

I think one of my friends pre-emptively ragequit this show when I told him the suits were only up through Destiny: 00's designs are his favorites. XD

As for this… hmmm. I'll give it a chance. The concept shows promise for lots of references and such, but at the same time I'm having Beyblade/Medabots flashbacks.
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham
Khandri

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't care how much of a disaster this show is if this means we're finally going to get some good new kits of suits like the Double X, F91, and V2.

Also, I'm really digging that custom GX that's supposed to be in this that ANN has pictures of... [/one-track-mind]
That wacky Gundam X fangirl (yes, girl) the fandom warned you about...
Deacon Blues

Wait... what? Plafsky particle? *facepalm*

Do I even bother translating the story/character/mecha pages from the site? :S
Strike Zero

FINALLY got to watch the PV (Youtube is useless, I had to see it on NicoNico Douga :roll:). I am now officially HYPED. Whenever this shit is coming out, it can't come soon enough.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
AceWhatever

So, is Google translate screwing with me or is Cristina being described as having a "modest chest"? :? How old is the target audience again?
Kuruni

AceWhatever wrote:So, is Google translate screwing with me or is Cristina being described as having a "modest chest"? :? How old is the target audience again?
Using my lolicon POV, nothing's wrong with that statement :mrgreen: .
My girlfriend was a loli.
Strike Zero

AceWhatever wrote:So, is Google translate screwing with me or is Cristina being described as having a "modest chest"?
Why, yes she is! To rudimentarily translate:
Kousaka Tina

The 1st-year middle school class officer of (something something) Academy, member of the art club. Her home is the "Kousaka" restaurant. After observing Iori Sei and his passion for Gunpla building, she herself becomes interested in Gunpla Battles. She is an intelligent girl with a modest personality. Her breasts are also modest.
As for their target audience, I dunno, what age do kids in Japan generally start building Gunpla at?
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Xenosynth

Well, all my kit boxes have "RECOMMENDED AGE 15 and UP" according to bandai hobby department. My MG Nu Gundam Ver Ka box says that, as well as my HG Over Flag, which is a relatively simple kit. Usually the ones considered for young kids are the Advanced Grade that only existed in the AGE line, and the SD kits. I think the first-grades for the 00 line also fall into the relatively small category of kids gunpla xD

It's probably aimed at a 12-16 age demographic I would guess. Though also, given all the obscure UC stuff we've seen I think it's aiming for some fanservice for the older crowd too (I got shakes when I saw dat Exam system BD-1 xD)
latenlazy

Deacon Blues wrote:Wait... what? Plafsky particle? *facepalm*

Do I even bother translating the story/character/mecha pages from the site? :S
It's okay. We all survived AGE. We can survive this too.

At this point I'm willing to give BF a pass if the fights are good. I admit to squeeing like a fangirl when I saw the fight animation...That's how desperate I am. (But if Origin and that new Tomino mech series really is coming...there is hope T__T).
YokozunaBulldozer

Just saw the promo.
As long as they show cool kitbashes I AM SOLD.
Now where's my wallet?
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Wellman

Admiral Larsen wrote:All I just ask is that it makes a large amount of money, a vey large amount.
I hope it does well... but not too well, this is a corporation we are talking about, too much success and they will drive everything else into the ground.
BrentD15

Did anyone else see those Den'an mobile suits in the Einerads? :mrgreen:
Last edited by BrentD15 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Amion

Overlord Zaru wrote:Build Fighter

And it's my dream come true

All the potential of various models

mah god
YESS! And the GX is getting recognition! Someone tell Khandri if she doesn't know already. :P

I'm psyched over that gundam rose esque Wing Gundam. Finally! This is what they shoulda done if they wanted to reach kids (or kids at heart). Rejoice!

And didn't I read about post about the Origin? 0_o More good news!

EDIT: Ok, she knows. And did I hear Einrad? V is getting love?? :twisted:
Last edited by Amion on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.