The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk. I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Dark Duel

Re: Gundam BF

Oh great, it's a Gunpla Builders redux. Why am I not surprised?
Not that that's entirely a bad thing, mind you. In fact, I think it's a good idea.
I LOVED the concept, and I'm kinda glad they're revisiting it, if only out of curiosity as to what (besides release who knows how many recolors of pre-existing HG 1/144 kits) they're going to do with it.

That being said, this new Gundam looks pretty cool, and HOLY CRAP THAT'S THE GX!!!!
Last edited by Dark Duel on Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Overlord Zaru

Build Fighter

And it's my dream come true

All the potential of various models

mah god
ShadowCell wrote: Zanald is so disappointed in you he's going to smash a desk for every time you people disappoint him. there will be no desks for the little schoolchildren of Vagan because Zanald will have smashed them all. i hope you people are happy.
Raiden

I Guess it's too early for them to include 00 stuff still? At least Blue Destiny is still getting some love.

Either way looking awesome. Can't wait. The designs don't look too shabby either.
Sume Gai

I wonder if I'll be able to keep a straight face through this series. Some of the ridiculous lines in builders made me burst out laughing... My expectations for complex story are low, but it looks like it'll have good action.

also "Zaku Amazing"
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
YokozunaBulldozer

Wow, my assumption came true.
Last edited by YokozunaBulldozer on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
balofo

AMAZING! GJ BAMCO/Sunrise!
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

It seems to have the Gundam-Arcade-Pod feel of Gunpla Builders but on a truly futuristic scale. They could've expanded GB further, maybe a few more anime shorts, but these days I'll take what I can get.

Also, HGAW WING GUNDAM!!!
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
iCards

Gundam Build Fighters, "Gunpla Builders 2", after the main duo being the Builder and the Fighter/a Better Gamer.

Keyword: All Gundam. The show will include the basic designs as well as custom versions of mecha from all Gundam TV series up to Destiny. Bandai is also starting a campaign to get all of the lead Gundams, at least, in HG 1/144 starting with the Wing Gundam.

New Gundam is called "Build Strike Gundam", and it looked pretty good animated. Apparently Strike Rouge's "Phoenix" equipment for the Destiny HD Remaster was designed to promote the Build Strike's equipment change for this show.

They are still targeting the demographic they did for Gundam AGE, but making a show about the actual Gunpla rather than a traditional Gundam show should satisfy old fans as well because older fans know this is NOT a war show, they can't complain that it is "pretending" to be one.

It looks like it should be fun. It starts airing in October.
Last edited by iCards on Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pk-man
Location: receiving faxes in the washroom, on Deck 9 aboard White Base

LOL the recolor variations are endless........
Bandai is like "Screw complex story and character development. Just make up s some random story about a bunch of kids kit-bashing gunpla and battling each other like Yugioh. It's a whole new level of milking!"

I think its' good that they are finally giving HGAC/UC treatment to other Gundam leads. And we'll finally see the F91 in 1/144 scale........
Kyuzo Aoi

A bit disappoint for serious fans, yes, it has the staff and designers from AGE, but to say, kitbashing your Gundam, not a bad idea after all! As I said, Gunpla Beginners on steroids! Go Sunrise! :)
I am a Gundam!
Arbiter GUNDAM

Looks like this thread needs to be renamed "Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thred Mk. I"
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

The whole Builder/Fighter concept looks to be a Graham/Billy-type relationship; one kid building a model that suits the other kid's 'piloting' style.' Kinda like Asuno's junior mobile suit team.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Xenosynth

I dunno why I see some people complaining. I think Gundam could either use a break or do something differently, and for the moment, this is different. It has designs that looks pretty neat, it'll have new models that'll be cool, and overall, it's something a bit different. Kiddish? Sure. Fun? Looks like it to me. I'd rather have a fun, relaxing series than another serious, hamfisted one. (Don't get me wrong I love a lot of Gundam shows for the serious message and themes, but I think there should only be so many war is hell stories in a row)
Destiny_Gundam

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Looks like this thread needs to be renamed "Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thred Mk. I"
Done.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Admiral Larsen

Re: Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk. I

About the new Gundam series: Hmm, interesting. Still with the disaster of AGE as well as needing time to absorb the lessons of Gundam Unicorn as well as dealing with the CE remasters, perhaps it is all for the best. But then again what do I know?
iCards

Kyuzo Aoi wrote:A bit disappoint for serious fans, yes, it has the staff and designers from AGE, but to say, kitbashing your Gundam, not a bad idea after all! As I said, Gunpla Beginners on steroids! Go Sunrise! :)
I could be wrong since there was no subs, but I think they said Yousuke Kuroda, the guy who wrote for Gundam 00 and Gunpla Builders, is in charge of the writing for this show.
Strike Zero

Well, holy hell. I never thought in a million years they would actually take the Builders concept and turn it into a full-fledged TV show, but they did. Banrise, I salute thee. *salute*

This explains why the new Gundam looked like little more than a retooled Strike. That's exactly what it is.

AU crossover opportunities abound, old classic designs along with a multitude of various variations have the chance to make animated appearances -- already we're being treated to some original X and Wing kitbashes. This is going to be pretty cool!
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
balofo

I'm WAY more excited about the ALL GUNDAM HG PROJECT!

All that manual info!
Sume Gai

http://gundam-bf.net/mechanics/04/ <apparently this thing was built by an Italian. We may have G Gundam style stereotypes to look forward to.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
balofo

Sume Gai wrote:http://gundam-bf.net/mechanics/04/ <apparently this thing was built by an Italian. We may have G Gundam style stereotypes to look forward to.
Wing Gundam Fenice(Phoenix in Italian)