Gundam X up for voting! (for official streaming release)

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
LightningCount

Gundam X up for voting! (for official streaming release)

After War: Gundam X is on Daisuki.net's request list. There are other Sunrise mecha shows, but be sure to show your support for Gundam X! Maybe it can FINALLY get a DVD release if it gets picked up for international streaming and does well on streaming. (Pretty promising website, by the looks of it).

EDIT: It has been brought to my attention that Chō Denei-ban SD Gundam Sangokuden Brave Battle Warriors. is another "Gundam" title on the request list. Moreover, others may show up in the coming weeks as the survey likely will expand.

LINK: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/survey/297/?embed=1
Last edited by LightningCount on Tue May 21, 2013 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
bullethead

Re: Gundam X up for voting! (for official streaming release)

Already voted for it and a few other mecha shows. Dunno if it'll ever get a legit physical media international release, but I'll be glad if it gets to streaming.
Destiny_Gundam

LightningCount wrote:After War: Gundam X is the only Gundam show on a list from Daisuki.net on its request list.
False. Sangokuden is on there too.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
wielder

I believe I did vote for it the first time I ran across that survey, but hopefully more fans will notice and give it some support for the sake of having it streamed on the site in the near future.

Personally, I would not directly relate this to the chances of seeing a proper DVD release though, but that is evidently another can of worms.
Soul Eater, the True Rune
PowerdGNFlag

I believe that the voting will be done in consecutive waves, considering that only series with titles beginning with A to C are in the current poll, those few titles in the top aside. There's still hope to see other series in the polls.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
HellCat

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
LightningCount wrote:After War: Gundam X is the only Gundam show on a list from Daisuki.net on its request list.
Yeah, what the heck man? Boo-urns to ignoring it!

Voted for both.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Khandri

Inevitably, I went and voted for Gundam X the moment I saw MAHQ mention it on Twitter, then passed the word along to my friends on Tumblr, and they're passing it along to other people too. I was just at Anime Central this weekend, and the guys running the Gundam panels there also helped spread the word (since they seemed to be GX fans too). The more people who know (and vote), the better. :)

To say that I hope this does well in the poll is an understatement. Sure, I've seen it a gazillion times over through fansubs, but I really want to be able to support any kind of legitimate release of it here, whether DVD or streaming like this. Between this and the recent announcement of Right Stuf picking up the Unicorn DVD release, there may yet be hope for the series that never got DVD releases here.

And while we'll probably never see it get popular again like it was in the early 2000s, it's suddenly feeling like a good time to be a Gundam fan in the US again.
That wacky Gundam X fangirl (yes, girl) the fandom warned you about...
LightningCount

HellCat wrote:
Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Yeah, what the heck man? Boo-urns to ignoring it!

Voted for both.
No need for hate. I saw Gundam X and then skimmed the rest, and it didn't jump out at me because it's name was so long and convoluted: "Chō Denei-ban SD Gundam Sangokuden Brave Battle Warriors." I'm not familiar with that full name. On the other hand, I've wanted a legit release of Gundam X since 2000, so forgive me for rushing out this post. I think it's very understandable, and I didn't need to be jumped on. I'll edit it into the lead post.

I do now think that this may just be an alphabetical set, as was noted, which makes it slightly less positive, but still positive, nonetheless.

And as for DVD correlation. If Bandai was willing to release its current crown jewel, Unicorn, for a domestic release to the relatively small, albeit very skilled and savvy, RightStuf/Nozomi Entertainment, I would say that opens to doors to domestic releases for other Gundam series, which it doesn't necessarily care about as much. Those releases might be able to find their way to the growing number of retro anime companies out there. And if any old Gundam series deserves a DVD release in North America and beyond, IMO, it's Gundam X, which very much conjures up the aura of its fellow AU stories of that generation, Wing and G--two of the most mainstream and/or successful Gundam releases overseas. That doesn't mean it would ever get a dub, sadly, but an official release seems feasible at some point if there is enough demand, and that'd be amazing. Things seems a lot more promising than they did a few months back.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
Chris
Administrator

LightningCount wrote:And as for DVD correlation. If Bandai was willing to release its current crown jewel, Unicorn, for a domestic release to the relatively small, albeit very skilled and savvy, RightStuf/Nozomi Entertainment, I would say that opens to doors to domestic releases for other Gundam series, which it doesn't necessarily care about as much.
No, I don't think it opens the doors to anything, necessarily. All we're talking about here is continuing a DVD release that fell to the wayside when Bandai Entertainment shut down. It uses the same dub and subtitle track that Sunrise is already producing on their own for the Blu-ray. That's worlds apart from translating and releasing a TV series that has never been released here. I'm not saying that it couldn't happen, but to suggest that the mere continuance of Unicorn on DVD could lead to anything more at this point is a massive leap.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
HellCat

LightningCount wrote:
No need for hate. I saw Gundam X and then skimmed the rest, and it didn't jump out at me because it's name was so long and convoluted: "Chō Denei-ban SD Gundam Sangokuden Brave Battle Warriors." I'm not familiar with that full name. On the other hand, I've wanted a legit release of Gundam X since 2000, so forgive me for rushing out this post. I think it's very understandable, and I didn't need to be jumped on. I'll edit it into the lead post.
I'm not trying to jump on ya, I just wish people would acknowledge the SD stuff more. Hence the jokey 'boo-urns'.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
YokozunaBulldozer

Voted on Gundam X and all Brave series minus Goldran and Gaogaigar since they were not on the list.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
NastyNate

So Gundam X will be joining the streaming service Daisuki (thanks gundamn for the info) Who here would be up for a MAHQ movie group where we watch the episode released every week and discuss?
https://www.daisuki.net/
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Dark Duel

I'm game. Personally, X is one of my favorite Gundam series, so I'm pretty stoked for this.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
NastyNate

Dark Duel wrote:I'm game. Personally, X is one of my favorite Gundam series, so I'm pretty stoked for this.
The streaming service is not convention for me until they put it on the ps3. So when X comes out, I'm hoping someone will post here, as I probably won't be following the service until the ps3 app.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

Amion

This is great news. I just started watching the show again last week, so I might hold out until everyone catches up. (And I catch up with my projects...*Get to work Amion..* I think Khandri made an official Gundam X thread, so we can just resurrect it when the time comes.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
NastyNate

Amion wrote:This is great news. I just started watching the show again last week, so I might hold out until everyone catches up. (And I catch up with my projects...*Get to work Amion..* I think Khandri made an official Gundam X thread, so we can just resurrect it when the time comes.
It could be a very long time before it comes out if it does.

Chris
Administrator

NastyNate wrote:So Gundam X will be joining the streaming service Daisuki (thanks gundamn for the info) Who here would be up for a MAHQ movie group where we watch the episode released every week and discuss?
Gundam X has NOT been announced for streaming by Daisuki. Somehow you've misinterpreted what was in the interview, so please stop spreading this incorrect information and crediting Gundamn for it.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Amion

Oh well...back to my own lonely rewatch of it. I might post comments in the X thread regardless, I think I started a rewatch way back when but never went through with it. It's funny cuz it'll probably start streaming by the time I get around to it.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
NastyNate

Chris wrote:
NastyNate wrote:So Gundam X will be joining the streaming service Daisuki (thanks gundamn for the info) Who here would be up for a MAHQ movie group where we watch the episode released every week and discuss?
Gundam X has NOT been announced for streaming by Daisuki. Somehow you've misinterpreted what was in the interview, so please stop spreading this incorrect information and crediting Gundamn for it.
Sorry about that. I must have miss heard during the interview. I've deleted my post on the facebook group.

Zeino

Final survey is here! And it has all the other Gundam series on it! So everyone here, please vote.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/survey/301/?embed=1