The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk VI

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk VI

The maids too? Poor form!

*sigh* after watching the new trailer... Marida is totally going to die in order to snap Ridhe out of his butthurt Hulk rage, isn't she?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
BrentD15

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:The maids too? Poor form!

*sigh* after watching the new trailer... Marida is totally going to die in order to snap Ridhe out of his butthurt Hulk rage, isn't she?
Considering how major a character she is, they won't change her fate. :cry:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
HellCat

They will if I waste all my money on annoying long distance phone calls.

Seriously, they've danced with the idea in episodes 5 & 6. Of all the things they've changed, I hope this will be one.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Zeonista

HellCat wrote:They will if I waste all my money on annoying long distance phone calls.

Seriously, they've danced with the idea in episodes 5 & 6. Of all the things they've changed, I hope this will be one.
I respect and admire your devotion to a character who could use a happy ending. :) However, the fickle finger of Fate tends to make impolite gestures to Newtype girls. So I am prepared for some bitter ends all around....

Arbiter GUNDAM:
Of course all the maids will get it. If anime has aught us anything over the past decade it is that the maids may be some of the most dangerous fighters in the mansion if they can get some weapons. :P
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
BrentD15

Zeonista wrote:
HellCat wrote:They will if I waste all my money on annoying long distance phone calls.

I respect and admire your devotion to a character who could use a happy ending. :) However, the fickle finger of Fate tends to make impolite gestures to Newtype girls. So I am prepared for some bitter ends all around....
Yep.
Brace for feels. :cry:
Zeonista wrote:Arbiter GUNDAM: Of course all the maids will get it. If anime has aught us anything over the past decade it is that the maids may be some of the most dangerous fighters in the mansion if they can get some weapons. :P
Not only maids, but Butlers too.
Need we be reminded of Alfred from Batman? :wink:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Kratos

Is...is that a theatrical extra? Can I own that!?
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
Deacon Blues

Yes, it can be purchased for 1,000 yen.

Though I'm wondering why Loni is depicted on it... 0_o;
Kratos

Well, it's meant to hold the entire series, right? Like, a box for all the blu-rays?

Or maybe she plays a role somehow in the finale. If they pay any lip-service to the destruction of the Newtype myth that Banagher's confrontation with her brings about (and I really hope they do), then I could see her factoring into some sort of decision that he needs to make regarding the Box. That's a flimsy reason to include her on the programme, mind.
PowerdGNFlag

As I can see, it's a case for the souvenir programs (for all the theatrical showings)? As such it seems to be emblematic of the whole series (the Garencieres and the Delta Plus are in the cover despite being destroyed/discarded in previous episodes).
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
balofo

OVA first 13(!) minutes will be available on 4/25
Zeonista

Kratos wrote:Is...is that a theatrical extra? Can I own that!?
Yes, Japan still has theatrical programs for movies that give nifty info and have nice pictures. I have a couple of them for movies made back in the Late Eighties/Nineties. American movies used to have them but stopped issuing them before I was born. They don't cost that much, nice fan stuff without the price tag of a big book.

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Kratos

I was so excited that I totally forgot to, y'know, buy a ticket - and now they're sold out across the country. Oh well.
Zeonista

Kratos wrote:I was so excited that I totally forgot to, y'know, buy a ticket - and now they're sold out across the country. Oh well.
Too bad for you, but it is a good omen for the film's success. :)

Kyuzo Aoi

I noticed the box art in the Souvenir set.

And Martha looks like she shaved 10 years off her age.

Bandai should do this realistic style in their box art more often.
I am a Gundam!
balofo

-Interested in how Bright will raid Cheyenne Base if the Jestas are away in space. ReGZ time to shine?
-Even with all the new stuff the Nahel Argama looks pretty outmatched, even having to deal with a NT division
Rawinder

heh, kind of seemed like the Nahel Argama was launching more mobile suits than it should have at this point.
Amion

I loved that part where Full Frontal said
Spoiler
It's the Miracle again. Nothing will change.
It was very thought provoking and sounds like something he'd say in his effort to be Char's reincarnation.

So, I watched the English version, obviously, and I have to say I liked the acting. That's a first for Unicorn. Now all that I have to do is wait and see if the dubs are going to be this good throughout or only the best bits and pieces got into the preview.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Erisie

In case anyone missed it

7 minute preview of Unicorn is now online: http://youtu.be/NmYXyIFiY_o
Spoiler
- Martha, Alberto and Chairman Ronan Marcenas arrive to Cheyenne (present-day NORAD Complex) to fire the repaired Gryps Laser against Industrial 7. The scenery shots in and around the base are beautiful.
- Aboard the Ra Cailum, Bright gets the intel from Kai. He orders the ship to get to Cheyenne and stop the laser.
- The Nahel Argama defends itself from the Rewoola's mobile suits (which include a Bawoo and a Jagd Doga).
- Banagher and Riddhe keep fighting. Unicorn and Banshee go Destroy Mode.
Theatrical premiere is on May 17. However, the BluRay comes out on June 6, so watch out for 2ch spoilers.
Andrew_Graruru

Do we know when the streaming will be? For the other volumes it was the same date at theatrical screenings but the PV's just say that it's coming soon.
Check out my (awful) podcast. Anime Graruru.