The Gundam SEED Destiny HD Remaster Thread

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Dark Duel

Re: The Gundam SEED Destiny HD Remaster Thread

*facepalm*
I wasn't talking about the Kitbash Strike. I know they used the latter that one time.
And while that would be moderately nice to see, it's not bloody likely IMO.
I was talking about the Strike Rouge IWSP, As seen in this image
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Kuruni

Strike Zero wrote:It seems that in this timeline, somebody in Orb finally picked up on the fact that the Strike Rouge is a sorely outdated piece of flying fecal matter.
More like someone at Sunrise carried the great guilt all this time. They feel really bad that "improved Aile Striker" look identical to normal Aile Striker, and although people seem to accept that with ease, they know that when they go to animator afterlife, they won't have right to look at Animator God/Osamu's face :mrgreen: . So this is the chance to redeem themselves.
My girlfriend was a loli.
azrael

Looks like Orb (Sunrise) realized Perfect Strike was a good idea and made a single pack for it. I just hope they use this as Rouge's default pack and re-animate all the scenes with this thing.
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."
Admiral Larsen

azrael wrote:Looks like Orb (Sunrise) realized Perfect Strike was a good idea and made a single pack for it. I just hope they use this as Rouge's default pack and re-animate all the scenes with this thing.
Even if they did, what use will it be in the hands of someone like Cagalli.
HellCat

I have to admit that in terms of basic design I am dissapointed. Okawara has kind of been locked into just adding missile launcher wings for a while now. I suppose it matches the established look of Destiny-era MS but it never strikes me as aesthetically pleasing or looking like a workable mechanism. The RG kit has warmed me to the IWSP considerably so it would have been fun to see that, though I believe everything we know does state it was too much for Cagalli to handle. At least in that sense this new back does make sense.

The big question is if it'll change anything for her character or they'll just slip it in to a battle where her using it doesn't really require them to edit else.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Amion

Of course she won't use it. She has no need to. I'll be surprised if they don't do exactly what they did in SEED Remaster. Did we even a scene with the DRAGOONish funnel things? Most likely it will appear in one scene and then only for a short while...

And I don't particularly like this design so for me it isn't as much of an issue.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Silver_August

I can say I do not remember this episode at ALL but good lord thank you for a bit of action at long last... I gotta give the show (early on atleast) this, it may not have a fight every episode like AGE did, but it really knows how to set up an action scene in a way that feels like...yep! This was being built up! Annndddd Shinn's SEED mode gives an energy depleted gundam an extra boost i see, nice! lol the head beam recharge felt SO super-robot to me but I can look past it because the whole fight made me want to buy an MG Impulse..l

The choice in ending theme seems...odd to me, VERY odd...if only because of the visuals, namely showcasing the Strike Freedom...a whole 20-25? episodes before it even debuts, lol least the 2nd ending from the special editions had a nicer song and visuals that matched where the series was going at this moment but ah well... next week is the new opening! I think...lets see the further unveiled nudity and random tech-spec names!

...and dang the Strike Rogue is tempting...I kind of want it...? But ehhhh just give us an MG Savior prototype already!

Also it took me until now to realize that the Sword Impulse's color scheme is likely a nod to that red variant of the Zeta Gundam, no wonder the Blast Impulse gets no love, as far as I know there isn't a black & green version of the Zeta...right? lol
HellCat

It kind of surprises me that it's taken Shinn this long to get some focus. We've had bits here and then and I'm not opposed to politics but this is perhaps the first ep he takes centre stage. It does a good job of selling Impulse too, really making me wish we'd got an RG before Destiny.

Todaka is awesome, which makes it sad we know how it ends for him. I always like it when we get a professional soldier with an actual brain and heart. Love his mini-rant against politicians.

Speaking of, it's painful each week to watch the Cagalli and Yuna scenes. How long again before she tricks him into getting dogpiled?

Kira staring out to sea and somehow just knowing there's pain and turmoil.....what happened to the good natured but talented guy from the previous show?
Which leads into the ED. I always liked it's use in the SE's so replicating it here is fine by me. The visuals are ok until the second half where it gives up attempt of hiding this is The Kira and Lacus Show. We're already getting haunted by the terrifying visage of Strike Freedom?
Silver_August

^ What you said. In retrospect the fact Shinn gets the spotlight taken him is revealing itself to not be quite as...jarring or out of place as memories made it seem...at this point I'm almost starting to see Shinn's moment in the sun as the show giving us a 3rd protagionist and just playing catch up since Athrun and Kira already had 50 episodes to develop.

If anything the show's been more about Athrun, and his internal struggle with living in the shadow of his father's legacy and debating what he should do in the grade scheme of things, all while soooort of, having Durandal try to puppet him in a certain direction not too different then what he would eventually do to Shinn... Seriously though, All Shinn has done at this point is cut up some bad guys, show he's competent with a mobile suit, cry at a monument, and yell at Cagali, Athrun has done all that (argued with Cagalli more yell) and live with the blood of millions? on hands...or feet, I dunno which metaphor is more appropriate, but yah! Either way I've always liked seeing the ZAFT perspective if only because it humanized and villianized both sides of the conflict.

as for the Yuna and Cagalli scenes....yah...itssss... just painful, weird, and I think we got ...4 more episodes of this before the ditched wedding scene?...I think, time to hit up the good ol'MAHQ reviews!

And Kira in a better written show can be easily argued to be dealing with some serious shellshock and being the way he is now is just his way to cope, didn't the 5 minute bonus clip thing at the end of SEED show him already acting like this? Either way that ending theme REALLY highlights to me how rediculous his current outfit is...why Lacus gets the nice dresses and he gets a jacket with 16 bold belt things all over it is beyond me, but it amuses me every time I see it.
HellCat

All Shinn has really done up to this point in the show is carried a chip on his shoulder. We've had the odd moment where he's more mellow with his friends but mostly it's just been him reacting to how everyone else pisses him off. It's pretty cool to see him come up with a strategy here.

I get the feeling with Kira they're trying to replicate what Kamille did in ZZ but the factors aren't the same. Kamille was recovering from brain damage and seemed to be talking from pure Newtype instinct as he recovered. Kira just keeps staring out to sea and somehow just knowing stuff, awkwardly sitting in judgement of the world with Lacus. I think copying what Zeta did with Amuro, the whole idea of an ace whose been seperated from combat from so long that returning terrifies him for various reasons, would have worked better. Heck, Kira eventually working up the nerve to fight again and returning in Freedom later in the show would have actually been welcome then and felt alot less like he was stealing the starring role.
monster

Silver_August wrote:And Kira in a better written show can be easily argued to be dealing with some serious shellshock and being the way he is now is just his way to cope, didn't the 5 minute bonus clip thing at the end of SEED show him already acting like this?
There's no need for a better written show to know that this is indeed how Kira was in the SEED After Phase and in early Destiny.
HellCat wrote:Kira just keeps staring out to sea and somehow just knowing stuff, awkwardly sitting in judgement of the world with Lacus.
I thought that was a little strange the first time I saw it, but I take it he's just making a general statement considering a war is happening again.

And no, he's not sitting in judgment of the world at all, but understandably, he doesn't think too highly of wars or the people who would cause them.
HellCat

It comes off as such because there's just something so detached about how Kira and Lacus act in this series, something too inhuman.

Probably doesn't help that in this ep a scene of them looking out across the sea is directly followed by an eyecatch where they're supper happy playing catch :?
Silver_August

Now that I think about it, (and this is a big maybe but hey lets jsut explore the scene here...) before Kira went out to the ocean to deep and stuff, he probably got an update from Mr. Desert Tiger about what's happening at Orb with Zaft and the Earth federation, seeing as he's got that handy ham-radio...i guess? whatever it is and then Kira just stares vaciently, leaves, annnnd enter scene we see, and maybe justify why we're directly seeing scenes of the fight currently going on, presumably going through kira's head as well.

Food for thought, lol just can't wait to see that guy's gun hand in action.
Amion

I almost want to say that this is a sign of Kira's not-newtype powers working. He has something to control those Dragoons effectively, like Mu and Rau and later Ray.

And yes, we are indeed being haunted by the Strike Freedom even as we speak.*and to think it's fullburst was my desktop wallpaper for a while now* :oops:
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Silver_August

Hey it ain't so bad, if I ever get a Strike Freedom its only because I want it to stand beside my MG Infinite Justice, and I'll be cutting out and hanging the front image beside my infinite justice MG box art, lol

The thing about the dragoons IS a good point... the only ones who got/used it WERE people with not-newtype powers, hmmmmm....the answer to these questions and more will come from the SEED movie!
iCards

Silver_August wrote:^ What you said. In retrospect the fact Shinn gets the spotlight taken him is revealing itself to not be quite as...jarring or out of place as memories made it seem...at this point I'm almost starting to see Shinn's moment in the sun as the show giving us a 3rd protagionist and just playing catch up since Athrun and Kira already had 50 episodes to develop.

If anything the show's been more about Athrun, and his internal struggle with living in the shadow of his father's legacy and debating what he should do in the grade scheme of things, all while soooort of, having Durandal try to puppet him in a certain direction not too different then what he would eventually do to Shinn... Seriously though, All Shinn has done at this point is cut up some bad guys, show he's competent with a mobile suit, cry at a monument, and yell at Cagali, Athrun has done all that (argued with Cagalli more yell) and live with the blood of millions? on hands...or feet, I dunno which metaphor is more appropriate, but yah! Either way I've always liked seeing the ZAFT perspective if only because it humanized and villianized both sides of the conflict.

as for the Yuna and Cagalli scenes....yah...itssss... just painful, weird, and I think we got ...4 more episodes of this before the ditched wedding scene?...I think, time to hit up the good ol'MAHQ reviews!

And Kira in a better written show can be easily argued to be dealing with some serious shellshock and being the way he is now is just his way to cope, didn't the 5 minute bonus clip thing at the end of SEED show him already acting like this? Either way that ending theme REALLY highlights to me how rediculous his current outfit is...why Lacus gets the nice dresses and he gets a jacket with 16 bold belt things all over it is beyond me, but it amuses me every time I see it.
I've seen up to episode 9, I believe, and I thought the same thing about these episodes being about Athrun's personal conflicts than anything major/shocking about Shinn.
Silver_August

Well, next episode's out and it was (to me) probably a perfect balance of talkie-ness and action and character development, Shinn's happy for once, Kira is doing something, the Desert tiger is even more boss then ever and the Freedom gets its glorious return.

I gotta say I loved seeing the Freedom just stand there and shoot off each limb of the not-z'gok 1 by 1, lol then just Kira being dumbstruck when he sees them all self detonate.

But oh boy! Coming off of AGE the whole "leave the cockpits" thing really shows and almost hurts by reflex... though I suppose with Kira he doesn't have to worry since they killed themselves for him ...cuz he's jesus or something, I dunno lol.

Oh Lacus..If you didn't want Kira to ever fight again you would've never repaired the Freedom and keep it stored under a billion dollars worth of security and sort of laser proof walls, but eh, someone had to be all "nooo...I don't want you to fight" Even though it seemed like Kira was already more then ready with all that looking out at the beach and getting blinded by the sunset.

Eh that talk about having to leave Earth cause of ORB's decision was really well done, I actually felt a lot of weight to it while not feeling like it was trying too hard...it just nailed it.

And on a last note...good looooord the Yuna scenes are painful...that and I thin the ending credits are changing visuals at the beginning...thinking this will be a pattern? Or am I seeing things?
azrael

I wish they reanimated entire scenes rather than what parts they did. The back-&-forth look between the old animation and the reanimated scenes is annoying.
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."
Silver_August

I honestly can't tell what scenes if any have been remastered beyond everything being zoomed in to make it wide screen since this was apparently never animated with any cut off for future re-releases.
monster

Silver_August wrote:But oh boy! Coming off of AGE the whole "leave the cockpits" thing really shows and almost hurts by reflex... though I suppose with Kira he doesn't have to worry since they killed themselves for him
What "leave the cockpits" thing are you talking about?
Oh Lacus..If you didn't want Kira to ever fight again you would've never repaired the Freedom and keep it stored under a billion dollars worth of security and sort of laser proof walls, but eh, someone had to be all "nooo...I don't want you to fight" Even though it seemed like Kira was already more then ready with all that looking out at the beach and getting blinded by the sunset.
The Freedom was most likely built a while ago and stored at that place. Lacus might not want Kira to have to pilot it now after living with him for two years and seeing his condition.

Interestingly enough, they might not have the Freedom with them if the assassins had come before the fall of Junius 7.