The Gundam SEED Destiny HD Remaster Thread

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
yazi88

Re: The Gundam SEED Destiny HD Remaster Thread

I would like to think there would be less clip show episodes...

But then again this is Fukuda. The same guy that complained when SRW Z actually made SENSE of Destiny.
Zeino

Isn't Fukada alot like Tomino when it comes to interviews and comments, in that you have to take almost everything he says or was rumored to say with a massive amount of salt? Come to think of it, I believe I've heard that Tomino doesn't like the SRW games either.
Last edited by Zeino on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AmuroNT1

Well, HE considers it a commercial failure. If anyone's curious, here are the original Tweets:
https://twitter.com/#!/fukuda320/status ... 4848657409
https://twitter.com/#!/fukuda320/status ... 0843548672
https://twitter.com/#!/fukuda320/status ... 0328338432

Additionally, his remarks about Super Robot Wars were actually in 2011, but in short someone asked if he was happy that Destiny was going to be in SRWZ, and he said that while the fans might like it and people might work hard on it, he's personally not happy because he thinks it's "outrageous" to change the content of a completed story, especially since he thinks while they use the Destiny name the contents are "no good". Sadly, those tweets seem to be lost to the ether.

OTOH, Kenichi Suzumura (Shinn's VA) has said that he personally considers the SRWZ version to be the "real" Shinn.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Dark Duel

yazi88 wrote:I would like to think there would be less clip show episodes...
But then again this is Fukuda.
They did do that with the Seed HD Remaster by cutting two entire episodes that were just clip shows. Of course Destiny has like what, three or four clip show eps? Not really sure the exact number, but I'm pretty sure it had more than Seed - and that's not counting the constant flashbacks to stuff that either has already been recapped a billion times or else just happened like an episode or two earlier.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Thrawnma

Fukuda created a financially successful monster which proves that people will always suck up soap opera drama and vague, empty words.

Don't expect him to make Destiny better. Best thing to do is to ignore anything after Episode 36 or so of SEED... well I'm horribly biased and I can't think of a single thing of worth from that entire series besides a handful of mechanical designs.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Hahaha I can't wait for this series to air. The pessimism is already so think I can't see through it. This thread is going to be so much fun! :lol:

I personally hope they cut out several clip show episodes, (especially the one that broke up the battle of Orb)...that being said, I hope they at least leave in Durandel's chess game with Rau...or at least a part of it. Maybe do what they did for episode 13 and 14 of Gundam Seed and put that episode together with another one?

I am a sucker for philosophical debates and that clip show had plenty.

And that is how I am going into this remaster, at the very least, it will improve the pacing and stock-footage. And I did enjoy the first 20-25 episodes of Destiny...so I will at least like the first half of the show!
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Thrawnma

I think the one thing that still impresses me about Destiny is how much it made me sympathize for Rau.

I'd want to end that world too.
Admiral Larsen

Thrawnma wrote:I think the one thing that still impresses me about Destiny is how much it made me sympathize for Rau.

Amen to that. After seeing the carnage of what happened with the CE series, well it falls into the categories of the villians deserving to win IMO whether it be Rau, Gilbert, heck even the Serians destroying the protaganists.
LightningCount

Soma Taozi wrote:I personally hope they cut out several clip show episodes, (especially the one that broke up the battle of Orb)...that being said, I hope they at least leave in Durandel's chess game with Rau...or at least a part of it. Maybe do what they did for episode 13 and 14 of Gundam Seed and put that episode together with another one?

I am a sucker for philosophical debates and that clip show had plenty.

And that is how I am going into this remaster, at the very least, it will improve the pacing and stock-footage. And I did enjoy the first 20-25 episodes of Destiny...so I will at least like the first half of the show!
Hear, hear! There's a lot of bashing of Destiny, but it has some really good scenes and ideas mixed into it. I especially loved that chess match! For all its faults, if I recall right, this series may have some of the most intriguing/memorable/stimulating dialogue in Gundam outside of Gundam Wing. I'm interested to see how this remix goes.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
yazi88

Seeing Shinn kicking fleet ass with Sword Impulse would look more awesome now with better animation. Wonder if we'll see any new MS... maybe Destiny Impulse? Its starting to pop up in games just recently.
Amion

Thrawnma wrote:I think the one thing that still impresses me about Destiny is how much it made me sympathize for Rau.

Join the club, chess days are on Thursdays, 9:00 o'clock sharp Aprilius standard time.

And I absolutely must agree with Soma that I loved the chess game. If you're going to bring in a dead character have a false argument with him for philosophical reasons, that is the way to do it right and downright Good. It was even worth the clip show that came with it, at least to me.

haha, the pessimism is truly rank. Funny, considering I enjoyed Destiny's first thirty-five episodes more than SEED, because it was just a rehash of MSG, which was sacrilege before my eyes. Destiny though, it followed its own pattern during the beginning enough for me to truly enjoy it, at least until Jesus Yamato's Second Coming unto Earth.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
AmuroNT1

I love how all the release posters have Shinn and the Destiny wreathed in flames. Not even pretending this is gonna be fair, are we now? Reminds me of Super Robot Wars K, where Shin and Luna talking to those two dopey mechanics got the same "evil plotting music" as Dr. Hell and Baron Ashura talking about how they'll get that damn Mazinger for sure this time.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

monster

AmuroNT1 wrote:I love how all the release posters have Shinn and the Destiny wreathed in flames. Not even pretending this is gonna be fair, are we now?
What's unfair about it? Destiny is a weapon of war and Shinn is really good at wreaking destruction at ZAFT's enemies.
AmuroNT1

I was mainly talking about how it serves to make him look demonic, like they did when he trashed the Takemikazuchi.

Amion

You know, I personally liked the idea of an anti hero with Shinn. That part about Destiny I can dig, a main character who is an honest to goodness villain. What I hate is that we're not going to see any focus on him and instead on his polar opposite, the Divine himself.

Who knows, maybe we'll get something really good and Athrun will end up with the Earth Federation to make his collection of uniforms complete at last. You know, something simple like infiltration for one second in between a clip show or something.
Kuruni

My impression on that poster isn't much of "demonic", it's more of "rage" to me.
My girlfriend was a loli.
monster

AmuroNT1 wrote:I was mainly talking about how it serves to make him look demonic, like they did when he trashed the Takemikazuchi.
Oh. well, I could see your misgiving if that's how you're interpreting the image.

I personally wouldn't go as far as calling it demonic, but more of rage with a tinge of sadness.
Amion

I thought the poster was the single most high quality thing to come out of Destiny except for the Chaos and Abyss. And I mean that, really.
yazi88

The poster looked just the poster from Stargazer except replace the Strike Noir coming out of the flames with a severed head with Destiny. Also, how many times must it show the damn AS-sword? Its in the background, the Destiny is holding it in the right hand, then its on the right side in front!
monster

yazi88 wrote:Also, how many times must it show the damn AS-sword? Its in the background, the Destiny is holding it in the right hand, then its on the right side in front!
Apparently, three times.