The Gundam SEED Destiny HD Remaster Thread

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
HellCat

Re: The Gundam SEED Destiny HD Remaster Thread

Post by HellCat » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:27 pm

It just seems much more pronounced in CE and in a way that feels very artificial. It makes sense that the failed nuclear attack would stir up strong emotions in the citizens of PLANT. It makes less sense that seemingly everyone on a busy street just abandoned their daily plans to start getting aggresive over the fact of if they supported a war or not.

This is actually another problem I have with Destiny. In SEED, the Coordinators were believable as a split off from humanity that were more advanced. In Destiny they just seem to be standard spacenoids, nothing really highlighting them as being better or smarter.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Post by Soma Taozi » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:34 pm

HellCat wrote:
This is actually another problem I have with Destiny. In SEED, the Coordinators were believable as a split off from humanity that were more advanced. In Destiny they just seem to be standard spacenoids, nothing really highlighting them as being better or smarter.
Isn't that the point that was driven home in Seed? That despite being shown and talked about as better than naturals in Seed...by the end of the series they were shown as human, nothing that special about them besides having a leg up on naturals since birth. It makes sense that Destiny would follow this line...

I personally don't have a problem with how the situation was handled. I always saw Meer as more a temporary gesture to calm down the masses so Durrandel could have the time to launch a counterattack and drive away the Alliance forces around Carpentaria.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020

monster

Post by monster » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:23 pm

Soma Taozi wrote:I personally don't have a problem with how the situation was handled. I always saw Meer as more a temporary gesture to calm down the masses so Durrandel could have the time to launch a counterattack and drive away the Alliance forces around Carpentaria.
Beside, Meer was actually saying something reasonable in her first speech.

HellCat

Post by HellCat » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:30 pm

Soma Taozi wrote:
HellCat wrote:
Isn't that the point that was driven home in Seed? That despite being shown and talked about as better than naturals in Seed...by the end of the series they were shown as human, nothing that special about them besides having a leg up on naturals since birth. It makes sense that Destiny would follow this line...

I personally don't have a problem with how the situation was handled. I always saw Meer as more a temporary gesture to calm down the masses so Durrandel could have the time to launch a counterattack and drive away the Alliance forces around Carpentaria.
Not really what I'm getting at. I know the point at the end was that Coordinators weren't any better but in SEED PLANT and the Coordinators felt like a noticeably different society, that just enough factor to make them feel slightly alien to the viewer. In Destiny I don't really see any of that and the conflict of wanting rid of Coordinators feels like a carry over simply because it's a sequel.

As for Meer- it's the daft idea that 'Lacus' appearing and saying 'We're all very sad now but we musn't get angry' then singing a song is enough to make grown men who seconds earlier were ready to punch neighbours who opposed a military response completely simmer down. There's holding influence and respect and then there's just unrealistic. Even mostly respected figures in reality can't pull off something like that.

Amion

Post by Amion » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:51 pm

Which is one reason I guess why in the end, Lacus wins...and why Durandel created Meer in the first place.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.

HellCat

Post by HellCat » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:58 pm

You're in a mountain of trouble when 'Promoting common sense' is seen as some great ambassador skill.

monster

Post by monster » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:07 pm

HellCat wrote:As for Meer- it's the daft idea that 'Lacus' appearing and saying 'We're all very sad now but we musn't get angry' then singing a song is enough to make grown men who seconds earlier were ready to punch neighbours who opposed a military response completely simmer down. There's holding influence and respect and then there's just unrealistic. Even mostly respected figures in reality can't pull off something like that.
That's because Meer told them what they really wanted to hear, that the government is doing something for them. She also stated that she shared their resentment, so it's not like she's telling them not to get angry, but simply not to be rashly driven by that anger and to let their capable leaders handle the job of protecting them. This also happened after ZAFT's success in preventing a nuclear attack, so Durandal's accomplishment and the support of Lacus, have more weight to the citizens than the words of their fellow citizens on the street would.

Of course, there's still some exaggeration, especially with the singing, but it's not really daft either. Lacus was someone who spoke her mind and doesn't sugar coat things for the people.
HellCat wrote:You're in a mountain of trouble when 'Promoting common sense' is seen as some great ambassador skill.
Promoting common sense may or may not be some great ambassador skill, but having a trustworthy reputation is.

Amion

Post by Amion » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:10 pm

HellCat wrote:You're in a mountain of trouble when 'Promoting common sense' is seen as some great ambassador skill.
I assume this isn't at me, considering I can't find that in my post. But...why a mountain of trouble? Common sense can solve lots of problems and most people can see sense in it because it's 'common'. Not that I've ever considered ambassador work as a seriously career mind you, so my knowledge of what makes a great one is a bit..sparse?

Care to extrapolate?
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.

azrael

Post by azrael » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:17 am

Ep 12 is out. I really wish they would just redo the subs instead of using the DVD ripped subs. Oh and we have a new ending theme.
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."

yazi88

Post by yazi88 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:36 am

azrael wrote:Ep 12 is out. I really wish they would just redo the subs instead of using the DVD ripped subs. Oh and we have a new ending theme.
Actually that ending theme is called RESULT and is also copied from Destiny Special Edition 1.

Gundam420

Post by Gundam420 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:54 am

Apart from that, the old cast is shown very prominently in the ending song...Ugh...
PSN: (Japan Account) gundaminator

Dark Duel

Post by Dark Duel » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:42 am

And that surprises you why, exactly?
Not that I don't agree with you, but since we already know that the old cast is going to end up hijacking the spotlight while the original main characters get turned into bad guys or idiots(or both), depending on the character, that should really not be surprising.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS
// GUNPLA THREAD //

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."

HellCat

Post by HellCat » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:36 pm

Strike Zero

Post by Strike Zero » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:31 pm

It seems that in this timeline, somebody in Orb finally picked up on the fact that the Strike Rouge is a sorely outdated piece of flying fecal matter.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.

monster

Post by monster » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:07 pm

Strike Zero wrote:It seems that in this timeline, somebody in Orb finally picked up on the fact that the Strike Rouge is a sorely outdated piece of flying fecal matter.
The one improvement it needed was a better shield. Does anyone know if this new pack will include a better shield?

HellCat

Post by HellCat » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:19 pm

It's inspired by Lucille from Samurai Pizza Cats. Whenever someone makes Cagalli cry, the missiles all fire off at once.

Newtype87

Post by Newtype87 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:27 pm

Well… it's not quite as ugly as the Perfect Strike, so I suppose we should all be grateful for that. Wait, it's been like, ages since I saw anything about this show: did the Rouge do anything in GSD besides getting blown up when Kira flew to get his new god mode gundam?
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham

Admiral Larsen

Post by Admiral Larsen » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:39 pm

HellCat wrote:It's inspired by Lucille from Samurai Pizza Cats. Whenever someone makes Cagalli cry, the missiles all fire off at once.
Please tell me that what you are suggesting is a joke. Because if it is not. :cry:

Dark Duel

Post by Dark Duel » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:00 pm

Exactly what the frack problem does this show have with the IWSP? They tease it in the eyecatch for SEED HD, and then AFAIK never use it, and now they make up this ridiculous-looking new thing...
I'm sorry, but while not as horrendously absurd as the Kitbash Strike, this thing is a close runner-up in my book for "most absurd equipment on a mobile suit". At least, in the anime, anyway.

@NT87: IIRC, nope. Well except float there holding a big sign that said "SHOOT ME" (figuratively speaking) in both the Orb fleet engagements.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS
// GUNPLA THREAD //

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."

Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Post by Soma Taozi » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:38 pm

Dark Duel wrote:Exactly what the frack problem does this show have with the IWSP? They tease it in the eyecatch for SEED HD, and then AFAIK never use it, and now they make up this ridiculous-looking new thing...
The Perfect was used in Gundam Seed Remastered. During that battle of Orb. And to answer your question (although it should be obvious) they do it to sell new Gunpla...I have no problem with it. It might make Cagalli a little more interesting during combat...instead of her just crying the entire time.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020