Media Blasters acquires SRW OVA and Divine Wars anime

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Strike Zero

Media Blasters acquires SRW OVA and Divine Wars anime

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... o-tv-anime

You'd think that they would have gone for The Inspectors instead, seeing as how Divine Wars already got a domestic release and the OVA is seven years old by this point, but whatevs.

I suppose it'd nice that to have the opportunity to buy a bunch of DVD/Blu-Rays that aren't horrendously overpriced.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Dark Duel

Re: Media Blasters acquires SRW OVA and Divine Wars anime

And hey, hopefully they might pick up The Inspector next?
Still, Divine Wars, lackluster animation aside, was a pretty fun show.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
LightningCount

Strike Zero wrote:http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... o-tv-anime

You'd think that they would have gone for The Inspectors instead, seeing as how Divine Wars already got a domestic release and the OVA is seven years old by this point, but whatevs.
Saw this a day ago, but it's the same situation we talked about regarding Gundam X, etc in that other thread. These anime have been "rescued," they aren't fresh licenses, so it doesn't guarantee The Inspectors by any means, as that'd be a separate and new expense/venture all their own.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
AmuroNT1

The big question in my circle is, will they just recycle Bandai's subs, start fresh, or maybe even add a dub? The fast turnaround time makes me think they'll just use the old subs, which is frustrating, because Ryusei should never call anyone a "punk-ass bitch". Also, "Hwagane".
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
YazanGable

Strike Zero wrote:You'd think that they would have gone for The Inspectors instead, seeing as how Divine Wars already got a domestic release and the OVA is seven years old by this point, but whatevs.
That may be exactly WHY they went with that one.
All the heavy lifting on releasing DW and the OVA are done. MB only has to worry about repacking it.

Also, given the old release was BandaiVisual and not many people likely bought it all, releasing a follow-up to a series whose initial release was limited and prohibitively expensive could potentially hurt them. Here they have a chance to foster a bit more of a marketing base for if they decide to bring over The Inspector.
Strike Zero

LightningCount wrote:These anime have been "rescued," they aren't fresh licenses, so it doesn't guarantee The Inspectors by any means, as that'd be a separate and new expense/venture all their own.
I never expected The Inspectors before this, and I still don't have any high hopes for it now. The only way that will happen is if this release somehow manages to sell like gangbusters (spoiler: it won't).

Still, when news like this breaks, one can't help the knee-jerk reaction of "why couldn't we be getting the newer, better show instead?"
Spoiler
Actually, the main reason I even brought this up was that the realization that I might be able to purchase Divine Wars at less than half of what Destiny_Gundam paid for it amused me. :)
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Zeino

Is it too much to hope that this could open the door to the Super Robot Wars Original Generations 2 game being released over here?
Chris
Administrator

AmuroNT1 wrote:The big question in my circle is, will they just recycle Bandai's subs, start fresh, or maybe even add a dub? The fast turnaround time makes me think they'll just use the old subs, which is frustrating, because Ryusei should never call anyone a "punk-ass bitch". Also, "Hwagane".
You see it as a fast turnaround time, but just because they announced it now doesn't mean they weren't already working on it for a while.
Zeino wrote:Is it too much to hope that this could open the door to the Super Robot Wars Original Generations 2 game being released over here?
Yes. Why would anyone bother to release a game in a franchise that hasn't sold well in America and relates to an anime that few people will even buy? Of course, that's assuming Media Blasters even meets the release date and doesn't delay/cancel it before July.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Destiny_Gundam

Dark Duel wrote:Still, Divine Wars, lackluster animation aside, was a pretty fun show.
They fix a lot of the animation issues in the DVD version, even going so far as completely redoing some scenes (like the battle where Sanger gets captured).
Strike Zero wrote:
Spoiler
Actually, the main reason I even brought this up was that the realization that I might be able to purchase Divine Wars at less than half of what Destiny_Gundam paid for it amused me. :)
I ain't even mad. I've got 5 years over you jokers and I've made back the money I spent nth fold. Plus, at best you'd get a single box without any of the booklets or awesome cover art.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Dark Duel

AmuroNT1 wrote:Ryusei should never call anyone a "punk-ass bitch".
Waitaminute WHAT NOW? What is this?
(Never seen the BV release)
Destiny_Gundam wrote:They fix a lot of the animation issues in the DVD version, even going so far as completely redoing some scenes (like the battle where Sanger gets captured).
Oh, really. Well, that's good to know.
I'll probably pick it up once it comes out.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Destiny_Gundam

Dark Duel wrote:Waitaminute WHAT NOW? What is this?
(Never seen the BV release)
This.
AmuroNT1

And then there's Tenzan:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/ ... s/DWo3.jpg

And that's not even mentioning "Dis Rev".
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Destiny_Gundam

angelwingzero

Wow, Media Blasters surprised me with this one. I'll hold out hope for the Inspectors then. And also a small candle in the window for Gaogaigar Final.
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
AmuroNT1

That's in-character, tho.