Vividred Operation

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Zeonista

Re: Vividred Operation

Been watching this one, and it's been fun. Not ground-breaking, but it's been fun, and that works, most days. :)

Best Features
1. Akane, a magical mecha ranger with an upbeat attitude.
2. Grandpa, the plushie mad scientist-mascot.
3. Himawari, the cutest hikkimori ever. Loved the bit where she came to school with a deluxe bentou her mother made in celebration.
4. Akane's mom did not die of plot disease! She's in the hospital, but they can visit her.
5. Random shout-outs to certain Gainax anime in places. ;)

Worst Feature
1. The mayonnaise, dear god, the mayonnaise!
2. Mandatory yuri service, for no reason other than its presence. Yeah yeah, Nanoha, Witches and all that. It's getting boring.
3. The sneaking suspicion that Grandpa is a loliyuricon.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Strike Zero

"VIVID PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNCH~~!!!!"

Aaaaand, that's all I have to say. What else is there to say? They blew up not!Adamatron and lived happily ever after. Simple and sweet. :)

NOW, all there is to do is to hope for a sequel and wait for the day when Akane and the gang make it into Super Robot Wars. The time is nigh, I tell you!
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
schwarz ritter

THIS HAND OF MINE IS VIVID RED!
ITS LOUD CRY TELLS ME...TO GRASP FRIENDSHIP!
ERUPTING VIVID PANCH!

One of the most satisfying endings I've seen.
This show was completely unexpected for me: I was ready to shred it, to criticize it for how "moe" it was and...wow. Great lesson this show was.

Season 2 when? lel
Reinhard: "Of course, grades in school aren't a good indicator. They focus too much on memorization and imitation, and don't foster imagination."
Kircheis: "What you find important are imaginative and conceptual capabilities, right?"
Reinhard: "That's right."
Ryujin

I guess "they" got embarrassed enough by the bitch crow's behaviour to cut a deal with Rei & fix everything.

I felt that the Vivid Punch's portrayal was kind of underwhelming, being bare-knuckle, not boomerang-related & all, but all in all an OK conclusion....and the prof got his body back, too.
Compass

They used the power of Captain Falcon to decimate the Crow.

How can you NOT be pleased?
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Destiny_Gundam

Pretty typical so far as final boss battles go, but it was still pretty good.

Overall a good show, though I feel some features of it were underutilized. A 2nd season would be nice.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."